Bring back the Bears

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
So far my safe haven portfolio is doing as expected. The Smoke and mirrors high beta stocks are leaving me in the dust today as Trump is acting like he will hang tough on the wall but that is just an act. If Trump keeps dragging his feet on the Wall the market will go down as he has his "no new taxes" moment and he ensures a D victory in 2020. No border security and a slowing economy from the Fed means going back to the Obamanation economy and everyone heading for safe haven issues. That is when I will make high returns.

This seems classic bear market activity’s to me. Unprecedented drops in December and then a spectacular one day rally. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again - the djia will see 17,000 before it sees 27,000. There is still over $500 billion of QT coming from the Fed. That will have the exact opposite effect that the billions of QE had.

This seems classic bear market activity’s to me. Unprecedented drops in December and then a spectacular one day rally. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again - the djia will see 17,000 before it sees 27,000. There is still over $500 billion of QT coming from the Fed. That will have the exact opposite effect that the billions of QE had.

Sounds right and I am acting on the assumption that dollar denominated debt overseas will create a global catastrophe. The US will get hit relatively light because we do not have to worry about exchange rate problems. Still we are likely to see some level of slow down.

The major malfunction with some of the knock on effects of this strategy is that the bond sales will effectively raise interest rates. Trying to raise rates while increasing the supply of bonds will act as an amplifier to hurt the real estate, auto and aerospace industry. When the bonds run out interest rates will sink. Whether it sinks fast or slow I don't know. That depends entirely on how fast high SALT states lose tax base.

So far my safe haven portfolio is doing as expected. The Smoke and mirrors high beta stocks are leaving me in the dust today as Trump is acting like he will hang tough on the wall but that is just an act. If Trump keeps dragging his feet on the Wall the market will go down as he has his "no new taxes" moment and he ensures a D victory in 2020. No border security and a slowing economy from the Fed means going back to the Obamanation economy and everyone heading for safe haven issues. That is when I will make high returns.
It is not much of a surprise that part of the problem with the markets is the control of the Borders. How this can effect the markets are the cost involved.. I would only take a mass break of the border by the Illegals storming it would be like a real Military invasion. This is how the markets can be effected.

Forum List

Back