#bring back our girls to a new muslim state

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
I'm sure you remember this ridiculous episode of Obama foreign policy, we even sent troops to complete the charade, which in light of the rest of story I'd like to ask what exactly they doing.

David Axelrod s Political Consulting Firm Far More Involved in Nigeria Election than Previously Disclosed Washington Free Beacon
A political consulting firm founded by Obama administration confidante David Axelrod has been far more involved in backing controversial Nigerian presidential candidate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari than previously disclosed, according to a series of emails obtained by the Washington Free Beacon and interviews with sources on the ground.
When the notorious Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram, kidnapped 278 school girls from the town of Chibok in northeastern Nigeria last year, Michelle Obama began a Twitter hashtag campaign, #BringBackOurGirls. But behind the scenes, the Obama administration was undermining Nigeria’s efforts to take the battle to the terrorists. Obama refused to sell Nigeria arms and supplies critical to the fight, and stepped in to block other Western allies from doing so. The administration also denied Nigeria intelligence on Boko Haram from drones operating in the area. While Boko Haram was kidnapping school girls, the U.S. cut petroleum purchases from Nigeria to zero, plunging the nation’s economy into turmoil and raising concerns about its ability to fund its battle against the terrorists. Nigeria responded by cancelling a military training agreement between the two countries.

I'm sure you remember this ridiculous episode of Obama foreign policy, we even sent troops to complete the charade, which in light of the rest of story I'd like to ask what exactly they doing.

David Axelrod s Political Consulting Firm Far More Involved in Nigeria Election than Previously Disclosed Washington Free Beacon
A political consulting firm founded by Obama administration confidante David Axelrod has been far more involved in backing controversial Nigerian presidential candidate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari than previously disclosed, according to a series of emails obtained by the Washington Free Beacon and interviews with sources on the ground.
When the notorious Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram, kidnapped 278 school girls from the town of Chibok in northeastern Nigeria last year, Michelle Obama began a Twitter hashtag campaign, #BringBackOurGirls. But behind the scenes, the Obama administration was undermining Nigeria’s efforts to take the battle to the terrorists. Obama refused to sell Nigeria arms and supplies critical to the fight, and stepped in to block other Western allies from doing so. The administration also denied Nigeria intelligence on Boko Haram from drones operating in the area. While Boko Haram was kidnapping school girls, the U.S. cut petroleum purchases from Nigeria to zero, plunging the nation’s economy into turmoil and raising concerns about its ability to fund its battle against the terrorists. Nigeria responded by cancelling a military training agreement between the two countries.

I do not believe that those alleged 200+ Nigeria School Girls were ever kidnapped. I too think the incident was staged - The Rebel Site - The Rebel Site

Per #BringBackOurGirls: While boko haram has killed and devastated several people, Towns and African nations, I believe the only way that many school girls could have been kidnapped so easily would have been if Nigeria politicians were behind the whole incident. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.

The hashtag started in Nigeria, so I'm not sure how you can say that it was President Obama's foreign policy with any honesty. We also already had personnel in Nigeria prior to the Chibok incident, we simply sent more advisers over to aid in the fight against a more active Boko Haram insurgency and to promote regional cooperation initiatives (which we have been successful in doing with the help of France). Your article is incorrect in stating that Michelle Obama started the campaign. How anyone even remotely versed on the issue could suggest it seems odd. The author either doesn't know what they are talking about or is being intentionally dishonest.

Try addressing what is written. Yes we were in the country trying to overthrow the govt and replace it with a Muslim one.....care to comment

I never claimed she started it. Try addressing what is written. Yes we were in the country trying to overthrow the govt and replace it with a Muslim one.....care to comment

the article that you posted claimed that she started it. It is wrong and ill informed overall.

As to your second assertion: my comment is 'prove it'.

Also stated we were hampering efforts to get them back.....which is the bigger issue.

So ya got nothing....

Your the one who made the positive claim, the burden of proof is on you. But I have firsthand experience in promoting US-Nigerian economic cooperation during this time period and can easily say that we haven't been out to get the Nigerian economy at all. Far from it, we have been actively trying to promote US investment into the country. We even highlighted Nigeria at our global business conference and included Nigeria in our first ever formal trade mission to Africa.

Whether she started it or not...she popularized it in US....meanwhile our policy to accomplish what she supported publicly was diametricly opposed to doing it and we were in fact working against it.....last chance ...any comment

Whether she started it or not...she popularized it in US....

as someone who reported daily on the conflict in Nigeria and who followed the campaign domestically that isn't a true statement. She partook in it because it was already popular not the other way around.

meanwhile our policy to accomplish what she supported publicly was diametricly opposed to doing it and we were in fact working against it.....last chance ...any comment

Do you have any supporting evidence for such a claim?

Forum List

Back