Bring back actual food STAMPS - no more plastic

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Now that obozo has removed the work requirements for welfare, millions more are joining the dole rolls. Maybe if they had to go thru the shame of producing actual food stamps at walmart, they'd decide to get a job. And lets make food stamps useable for food only .

There aint no shame in TX, they whip out the EBT with Pride

LoneStar.gif

• Banned
The snap benefits are only good for food
Obama didn't remove the work requirement
The card saves tax payers money and streamlines programs

More brazen lies from the lefties. Why are you so full of hate?

• Banned
How is using a card any less shameful?

Other patrons only see a card and for all they know it's an ordinary debit or credit card. Go back to food stamps and make them a gaudy color like day-glo pink

And you're an idiot.

They're supposed to be for food only. But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced.

Last edited:

And you're an idiot.

Thy're supposed to be for food only. But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced.

Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food.

You're the one who wants to shame people, and you have the audacity to accuse others of being filled with hate? :lol:

Are you kidding? With the old stamps they used to have to rip them out of the book infront of the cashier and everybody else in line, no pre ripping allowed. That was embarassing. It also provides incentive to get off asap if you don't like the embarassment. The EBT cards they just whip them out loud and proud, why get off free money?

And you're an idiot.

Thy're supposed to be for food only. But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced.

Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food.

Not so. You are barely and partially correct. Page 5: Only stores equipped wih the proper terminals and linked to the system. Smaller retailers do not have the capablity. cashiers have to separate items.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/MENU/Published/snap/FILES/ProgramOperations/finalscn.pdf

Last edited:

Are you kidding? With the old stamps they used to have to rip them out of the book infront of the cashier and everybody else in line, no pre ripping allowed. That was embarassing. It also provides incentive to get off asap if you don't like the embarassment. The EBT cards they just whip them out loud and proud, why get off free money?

I see them using the cards all the time. I hear others talking about people buying steaks with their cards.

It isn't hidden.

Not so. You are barely and partially correct. Page 5: Only stores equipped wih the proper terminals and linked to the system. Smaller retailers do not have the capablity. cashiers have to separate items.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/MENU/Published/snap/FILES/ProgramOperations/finalscn.pdf

So you're saying there's a national conspiracy by cashiers to let people buy non-food items with their snap benefits?

So you're saying there's a national conspiracy by cashiers to let people buy non-food items with their snap benefits?

"Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food."---AmyNation

Are you an idiot? Don't put words in my mouth. You pulled a statement from your ass that it was automatically separated at the register and I just showed you that you're wrong, spinmeister. Apology accepted!

Last edited:

All of that is true.

Here is the FAQ for SNAP cards in Virginia, for example: http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/division/bp/ebt/cardholder_info/faq/brochure_english.pdf

What can I buy with my Virginia EBT
card?

You can buy the following items with your Virginia EBT
card:

• Any food to be eaten at home by people, including
baby food, non-alcoholic beverages, and
seasonings.

• Seeds and plants to grow food for your own family’s
consumption.

Food stamp purchases are not charged sales tax. You
may use manufacturer’s cents-off coupons to reduce
the cost of your groceries, but you will have to pay sales
tax on the value of the coupons.

You cannot buy non-grocery items with the Virginia EBT
card, such as cleaning products, pet food, paper
products, alcohol, or tobacco
. You will have to pay for
those items with cash, by check, or a credit or debit
card.

You cannot access cash from a grocery store or ATM
with your Virginia EBT card

I think you are confusing SNAP with government cash assistance.

Also, an EBT card can be credited electronically, so there is a savings in printing food stamps and mailing them.

EBT card purchases can be monitored electronically, thus reducing fraud.

That means savings of tax dollars.

"Nonsense. You can't buy anything that's not food with your snap benefits, the register can tell and only deducts food."---AmyNation

Are you an idiot? Don't put words in my mouth. You pulled a statement from your ass that it was automatically separated at the register and I just showed you that you're wrong, spinmeister. Apology accepted!

No, you are wrong. You cannot buy non food products with your snap benefits.

"...But at the point of sale (POS) it isn't always enforced."---Me

"...the register can tell and only deducts food." ---You

Show me where I even used the words non food products or talked about it.

As Reagan once said, "there you go again". We were talking about food stamps in general and if the register knows what is eligible or not.

Don't pull that shit with me and try to change the discussion.

I made my point. You're wrong!

Last edited:

Show me where I even used the words non food products or talked about it.

As Reagan once said, "there you go again". We were talking about food stamps in general and if the register knows what is eligible or not.

Don't pull that shit with me and try to change the discussion.

I made my point. You're wrong!
^This is just like when you claimed that you didn't say the ambassador's body was dragged through the streets when your thread title clearly did.

I can't wait to see mass explosion of wingnut heads after the election.

No lies. Obama did not remove any work requirement.
The "food Stamp" cards are only good for food.
And it does save taxpayers and private businesses money from gathering, printing and processing the food stamp coupons.

Why do you seem to want many of our military personnel to be embaressed? Many of them get "food Stamp" benefits.

And on this you are stupit.
You are sub stupid.

Now that obozo has removed the work requirements for welfare, millions more are joining the dole rolls. Maybe if they had to go thru the shame of producing actual food stamps at walmart, they'd decide to get a job. And lets make food stamps useable for food only .

You do realize going back to paper with so many on food stamps it would cost even more to feed dependents of the government.

Forum List

Back