Brigette Bardot slanders Islam, faces jail.

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
PARIS (AFP) — A Paris prosecutor on Tuesday called for former French actress Brigitte Bardot to pay a 15,000-euro (23,000-dollar) fine and be given a suspended two-month prison sentence, for inciting hatred against Muslims.

In December 2006, the former sex symbol wrote a letter to France's then interior minister, Nicolas Sarkozy, claiming Muslims should make animals dizzy before sacrificing them at the Aid al-Kabir holiday.

She outraged French anti-racist groups by saying "I've had enough. These people have been dragging us by our noses, destroying us and our country by imposing their ways".

Story
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hPZJ6kXv6zKUzTMVzgxUAZx9aIWw

PARIS (AFP) — A Paris prosecutor on Tuesday called for former French actress Brigitte Bardot to pay a 15,000-euro (23,000-dollar) fine and be given a suspended two-month prison sentence, for inciting hatred against Muslims.

In December 2006, the former sex symbol wrote a letter to France's then interior minister, Nicolas Sarkozy, claiming Muslims should make animals dizzy before sacrificing them at the Aid al-Kabir holiday.

She outraged French anti-racist groups by saying "I've had enough. These people have been dragging us by our noses, destroying us and our country by imposing their ways".

Story
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hPZJ6kXv6zKUzTMVzgxUAZx9aIWw

Stupid on the surface.

The charges. The comments, I'm not sure. There is a lot of fault on both sides of the issue in France, IMO.

no one anywhere at any time for any reason should face fines or jail time for speaking their mind period.

You go, girl!

039_18543.jpg

Allowing Muslim extremists to make the rules of what you can or cannot say is too parallel to the Spanish Inquisition. It is one thing to really scream hate and shout it out and another to just criticize a tenet of one's faith. When you are that sensitive about your religion either it or you are screwed up.:cuckoo:

If I can criticize the right wing christian zealots, I can critcize what ever wing the extremist Muslims are.

I bet her blouse is not quite as pert these days. My, God, she's probably as old as I am.:sad:

Animal cruelty laws should apply without exemption. There should be no allowance for religious or any other reasons. Either the ritual is altered to accord with secular law or there is no ritual.

Vanna is a hot older lady. So is Jamie Lee Curtis.

I wouldn't take Brigitte duty though. YIKES.

Forum List

Back