Bribery is a loser

To assume that past presidents never leveraged foreign aid by placing conditions on the aid is naïve. The state Dept witnesses this week admitted that conditions are routinely placed on aid.

Now the Biden's, there has never been a more clear cut case of a personal conflict of interest IN APPEARANCE at a minimum. State Dept witnesses testified that this should be looked into and that they voiced their concerns at the time. This muddies the water with respect to what favor Trump may have asked Ukraine for.

This wasn't a fishing expedition looking for dirt based on nothing. We have Biden bragging about what he did on video in public. So while this may benefit Trump personally it also benefits the American people and is potentially corruption at the highest levels in government with American tax payer money involved. Patronage, abuse of public office to enrich friends and family. YET DEM'S SEEM COMPLETELY UNINTERESTED in investigating this, talk about your double standards.

Dem's and the idiot fake news have been fomenting the "irregular back channels" talking point for a couple of weeks. Ignoring that even their beloved FDR famously did this. Routinely did end runs around the State Dept and Sec of State engaging foreign leaders directly on foreign policy.
Biden’s actions were mandated by our congress, president and other countries. It’s all documented. Your point is a loser. Find something else

You skipped right over avoiding conflicts of interest even in appearance and the state dept's concerns and recommendation to investigate. Your blatant double standards Biden vs Trump tells me you are not interested in serious discussion.

It's true not doubt. However I'm just pointing out that the Constitution doesn't say any type of bribery is okay.

It has been the norm for a long time. I think it's important to see the difference and how that difference makes what Trump was trying to do so insidious and dangerous to the Republic..
I agree... just think this change to bribery is going to confuse things. It smells. Sounds like they are trying to hard to mood it into an impeachable crime, but is not an accurate label. Abuse of office make sense, I would have stuck with that.

Bribery is a specific act of abuse of office.
Bribery is a pay for play which happens all the time. It takes the focus off the corruption which is where it should have stayed. The messaging needs to stay simple, this is going to complicate it.
Bribery is not pay for play. Bribery is bribery.
Pay for play is Trump donors being rewarded with positions in the administration like Sondland and DeVos.

Corrupt intent is simple.
The legal definition of bribery is as follows... the corrupt intent is not there so the lines are fuzzy

—-

Bribery refers to the offering, giving, soliciting, or receiving of any item of value as a means of influencing the actions of an individual holding a public or legal duty. ... Solicitation of a bribealso constitutes a crime and is completed regardless of whether the solicitation results in the receipt of a valuable gift.
View attachment 289969
Cornell University › law › wex › bri...
Bribery | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

thankfully this isnt about bribery,,,

To assume that past presidents never leveraged foreign aid by placing conditions on the aid is naïve. The state Dept witnesses this week admitted that conditions are routinely placed on aid.

Now the Biden's, there has never been a more clear cut case of a personal conflict of interest IN APPEARANCE at a minimum. State Dept witnesses testified that this should be looked into and that they voiced their concerns at the time. This muddies the water with respect to what favor Trump may have asked Ukraine for.

This wasn't a fishing expedition looking for dirt based on nothing. We have Biden bragging about what he did on video in public. So while this may benefit Trump personally it also benefits the American people and is potentially corruption at the highest levels in government with American tax payer money involved. Patronage, abuse of public office to enrich friends and family. YET DEM'S SEEM COMPLETELY UNINTERESTED in investigating this, talk about your double standards.

Dem's and the idiot fake news have been fomenting the "irregular back channels" talking point for a couple of weeks. Ignoring that even their beloved FDR famously did this. Routinely did end runs around the State Dept and Sec of State engaging foreign leaders directly on foreign policy.
Biden’s actions were mandated by our congress, president and other countries. It’s all documented. Your point is a loser. Find something else

You skipped right over avoiding conflicts of interest even in appearance and the state dept's concerns and recommendation to investigate. Your blatant double standards Biden vs Trump tells me you are not interested in serious discussion.
A fair complaint can be made for the appearance of impropriety. That’s very different than calling Biden a criminal with no evidence of wrong doing

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

You deserve a gold star for your great analysis of the law.

A fair complaint can be made for the appearance of impropriety. That’s very different than calling Biden a criminal with no evidence of wrong doing

and thats why trump wanted a full investigation,,,

It's true not doubt. However I'm just pointing out that the Constitution doesn't say any type of bribery is okay.

It has been the norm for a long time. I think it's important to see the difference and how that difference makes what Trump was trying to do so insidious and dangerous to the Republic..
I agree... just think this change to bribery is going to confuse things. It smells. Sounds like they are trying to hard to mood it into an impeachable crime, but is not an accurate label. Abuse of office make sense, I would have stuck with that.

What does this mean?
Your point?

It means, you're pretty damn ignorant.

School me, professor.

And yet the State Dept is recommending Biden be investigated.

call it anything you want - trump's horseshit is catching up to his fat ass, and his drone collective cant eat it fast enough.

They can't quit.

They're the kamikaze pilot who is already in the dive on the target, with the entire plane in flames.....They're going to completely disintegrate and die, in the name of The Party.

Maybe Hillary has some sake in her stash for them.

Rush said it best back when they past Hussein-Care without reading it, Dems are political suicide bombers. They will sacrifice their own political career in order to destroy the country.
Gotta give 'em props for unwavering commitment to their agenda;

upload_2019-11-15_12-41-36.png

Bribery is a pay for play which happens all the time. It takes the focus off the corruption which is where it should have stayed. The messaging needs to stay simple, this is going to complicate it.
Pay for play is Trump donors being rewarded with positions in the administration like Sondland and DeVos.

The legal definition of bribery is as follows... the corrupt intent is not there so the lines are fuzzy

—-

Bribery refers to the offering, giving, soliciting, or receiving of any item of value as a means of influencing the actions of an individual holding a public or legal duty. ... Solicitation of a bribealso constitutes a crime and is completed regardless of whether the solicitation results in the receipt of a valuable gift.
View attachment 289969

Corrupt intent is required.

18 U.S. Code § 201 - Bribery of public officials and witnesses

U.S. Code § 201.Bribery of public officials and witnesses
(b)Whoever-
(1)directly or indirectly, corruptly gives, offers or promises anything of value to any public official or person who has been selected to be a public official, or offers or promises any public official or any person who has been selected to be a public official to give anything of value to any other person or entity, with intent—

Sorry that won't cut it. They looked the other way when vp biden was actually involved in corrupt acts with ukraine and son. The hypocrisy is laughable. Trump broke no laws. The lib carnie show will roll on with their hate and emotion. That's all they have.
Wait, what?? Trump and his DoJ have had control for nearly 3 years now. Had Biden actually committed any crimes, they would have gone after Biden by now. Shit, they didn't even look into it.

Of course they didnt and bidens corruption was way more egregious....but libs stick together in their crime. Libs are driven by hate and emotion. There is no logic in their carnival.

—-

View attachment 289969

Corrupt intent is required.

18 U.S. Code § 201 - Bribery of public officials and witnesses

U.S. Code § 201.Bribery of public officials and witnesses
(b)Whoever-
(1)directly or indirectly, corruptly gives, offers or promises anything of value to any public official or person who has been selected to be a public official, or offers or promises any public official or any person who has been selected to be a public official to give anything of value to any other person or entity, with intent—

didnt happen,,, but you knew that,,,

Nah, he just wanted a public announcement.

I'll give you protection - you give me some intel on anything connected to Biden

PLAYING POLITICS WITH TAXPAYER MONEY ...

PERFECT !!!

Sorry that won't cut it. They looked the other way when vp biden was actually involved in corrupt acts with ukraine and son. The hypocrisy is laughable. Trump broke no laws. The lib carnie show will roll on with their hate and emotion. That's all they have.
Wait, what?? Trump and his DoJ have had control for nearly 3 years now. Had Biden actually committed any crimes, they would have gone after Biden by now. Shit, they didn't even look into it.

how would you know what they did or didnt do???

you cant read minds,,,

sorry but that’s not why he wanted an investigation. If you don’t understand what Trump was doing then you are way more gullible than I thought.

sorry but that’s not why he wanted an investigation. If you don’t understand what Trump was doing then you are way more gullible than I thought.

You are not a mind reader and Trump isn't the only one recommending an investigation into the Bidens. I'll keep reminding you.

the same can be said about you,,,at least I have more of the facts than you do,,or at least I am willing to see them where you ignore what hurts your view

you cant read minds,,,

True. But in this case I don't have to, Trumpybear said it himself.

However, I do have opinions on how "Captain Kangaroo" would have used the public announcement of said investigations had his plot attained it's goal.

But his plan failed.

Forum List

Back