Brian Williams Death Penalty QUestion

Perhaps Winger can also share his position on Roma tomatoes vs. creole tomatoes? It would be just as relevant.

So, who do we have as company in our publicly sanctioned execution club?

All those barbaric Muslim countries that stone rape victims and non believers
Communist China
India
USA

Countries that have banned Capital punishment
All of Europe
Those barbaric Russians
Canada
Mexico
Australia
South America

This shows how idiotic liberals are. They are against killing a man convicted of capital murder, but have no problems with killing an unborn child.
It shouldn't be the governments decision in either case.

I thought JURIES made these decisions. The government carries out sentences.

Yes, the gov't carries out sentences, but they can also postpone an execution. Perry is being scrutinized for not postponing the execution of a man that was widely believed to have been innocent. It actually goes beyond that. There is some evidence out there that suggests Perry may have even hindered the investigation. I believe that is what Williams was getting at. It was a fair question either way (he's the gov of the state with the highest number of executions; and a gov who boasts of his compassionate-Christian-conservative credentials), but it was especially fair given the controversy surrounding that particular case.

Communist China
India
USA

All of Europe
Those barbaric Russians
Canada
Mexico
Australia
South America

Europe and South America are countries?

Flunked 1st grade geography I see. Lemme guess... postal worker?

:eusa_drool:

Sort of the point I was making, but he refused to address it...so he diverted.

So your point is that Mexicans come to the US for the Death Penalty?

More rightwing logic

Even freaking Mexicans look at us as barbarians

Sadly, your poor reading comprehensiopn skills gave you reason to believe that was what I was saying.

But you see, it was not even close to what I was saying. Furthermore, I didnt even mention Mexico, Mexicans or ANYTHING of the sort.

You just pathetically and immaturely diverted from my question and now pathetically and immaturely continung with your little diversion while trying to put words in my mouth.

So I guess it is best to not respond to your posts anymore as you have a habit of playing such childsih games.

So cya <S>

You are the one who claimed 4 million people coming to the US. Show where any of them want to come because we have a death penalty or drop your childish logic

More rightwing logic

Sadly, your poor reading comprehensiopn skills gave you reason to believe that was what I was saying.

But you see, it was not even close to what I was saying. Furthermore, I didnt even mention Mexico, Mexicans or ANYTHING of the sort.

You just pathetically and immaturely diverted from my question and now pathetically and immaturely continung with your little diversion while trying to put words in my mouth.

So I guess it is best to not respond to your posts anymore as you have a habit of playing such childsih games.

So cya <S>

You are the one who claimed 4 million people coming to the US. Show where any of them want to come because we have a death penalty or drop your childish logic

And you're the one claiming they view us as barbarians all the while coming here in droves.

Communist China
India
USA

All of Europe
Those barbaric Russians
Canada
Mexico
Australia
South America

EVERY country in both Europe and South America looks at us as barbarians along the lines of Muslims and Communist Chinese

How much has the murder rate in Texas gone down since Perry executed over 200 prisoners?

I can 100% guarantee that of the 200 prisoners executed in Texas, absolutely 0% of them have reoffended. Of those 200 executed, I can guarantee that ZERO percent of them got out of prison and murdered again.

Wow, the parents of Polly Klass wished that Davis had been in Texas, huh?

More rightwing logic

So cya <S>

learn to read you ditz.

You calimed that other couintries frown on us due to the death penalty...and then supported that statement by saying that no other countries say "why cant we be more like America"..

And I highlighted that last line...like this....

"why cant we be more like America"..

And I said....

if such was true, then why are there 4 million people in line to become US citizens.

So take your freaking inability to read and carry on a fair debate and shove it up your childsih ass.

It shouldn't be the governments decision in either case.

Yes, the gov't carries out sentences, but they can also postpone an execution. Perry is being scrutinized for not postponing the execution of a man that was widely believed to have been innocent. It actually goes beyond that. There is some evidence out there that suggests Perry may have even hindered the investigation. I believe that is what Williams was getting at. It was a fair question either way (he's the gov of the state with the highest number of executions; and a gov who boasts of his compassionate-Christian-conservative credentials), but it was especially fair given the controversy surrounding that particular case.

You are most likely talking about the guy who should have been a crispy critter or dead in the house fire that killed his kids? Yeah, he's guilty as Hell.

Communist China
India
USA

All of Europe
Those barbaric Russians
Canada
Mexico
Australia
South America

EVERY country in both Europe and South America looks at us as barbarians along the lines of Muslims and Communist Chinese

Oh palease.. do you lie awake at night dreaming this stupid shit up or does it just come naturally?

And BTW.. I don't support the death penalty.

A person takes the life of another and is convicted. I do not think he deserves room and board, not to forget medicals for years and years. He chose his path, he should have assessed the consequences before he did it not afterward. If I have the right to defend my family in my home then I have to extend that right to the person who did not have the ability or means to defend themselves.. Go tell your bleeding heart stories to the family who has had a child murdered by some pervert.

We had to punks in HOuston who were street racing and killed a mother and her two children and they go probation, where is the justice in that.

Communist China
India
USA

All of Europe
Those barbaric Russians
Canada
Mexico
Australia
South America

Oh MY GAWD?!?!?!? EVERY country is Europe and South American thinks were barbarians??? How am I going to sleep at night? How am I going to get up in the morning and look in the mirror and absolutely KNOW that I have supported politicians that not only support the death penalty, but that we are currently working on legislation that will cut the appeals process in half? In other words, here in Oklahoma we're trying to put in an express lane.

I don't know, somehow I think I will get through my day very well thank you. I couldn't care LESS what Europe and South America thinks.

Oh palease.. do you lie awake at night dreaming this stupid shit up or does it just come naturally?

And BTW.. I don't support the death penalty.

Neither do I...never did support it.

But you know what else I dont support?

People who are Americans who take one item of American Policy that they disagree with and use it in a way where they imply that the rest of the world frowns upon us becuase of that one item.

Sure...we are seen as Barbarians due to the death penalty. The fact that we donate more money to international relief efforts means nothing...more manpower than all other countries combined.....we have more charities than all other countries combined...we have the most humane jails in the world....we have the tightest judicial system in the world where you are innocent until proven guilty.....

But RW is against the death penalty and he spews crap about the world sees us as barbarians.

I am against it too...and I believe the world sees us as we are...a giving, selfless country

You are most likely talking about the guy who should have been a crispy critter or dead in the house fire that killed his kids? Yeah, he's guilty as Hell.

And you know this how? I'm not saying that the guy was definitely innocent, but there was an investigation into that case which turned up evidence that suggested he was innocent. Perry chose to ignore that evidence and refused to postpone his execution. Unless you were there to witness the crime, you can't say for sure that he was guilty. Personally, I want a gov't that doesn't ignore evidence, no matter where it points.

Communist China
India
USA

All of Europe
Those barbaric Russians
Canada
Mexico
Australia
South America

Mexico doesn't have capital punishment, but last year 64,000 of it's citizens were killed by drug cartels and narco-terrorists and you claim their looking down their noses at us for having capital punishment??? Okay... and this world that you wake up in everyday, does everyone talk about you behind your back?

How much has the murder rate in Texas gone down since Perry executed over 200 prisoners?

Wingy...did you know that in Texas, they no longer use the electric chair? Now they use the electric sofa so they can take six at a time...

..and the last meal has become a buffet.

Ba-dum.

As Bill Engvall once said, "Other states are outlawing the death penalty; Texas put in an express lane!"

It is a fool errand to have a discussion with someone who is not going to change their mind after reviewing all the fact. I know because I am not going to change my mind so I am going to move on to something more productive. Just remember, don't break into my house if I am home.

And you know this how? I'm not saying that the guy was definitely innocent, but there was an investigation into that case which turned up evidence that suggested he was innocent. Perry chose to ignore that evidence and refused to postpone his execution. Unless you were there to witness the crime, you can't say for sure that he was guilty. Personally, I want a gov't that doesn't ignore evidence, no matter where it points.

Its evidence because you say so? I call those conspiracy theories.

Forum List

Back