Brian Terry Family's Statement

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
The whole article is at the link. I'll just put up the statement.

Watching the boards today and witnessing liberals who screamed so loudly over the "injustice" done to Valerie Plame posting today with venom and absolutely mocking the process investigating Operation Fast and Furious has been mind boggling.

Gutter. The word gutter comes to mind. Liberals have outdone themselves today. Just when I don't think liberals can sink any lower, they come thru one more time and go further into the vile quicksand that is in their hearts.

Not all of the liberals; but far too many.

The statement. For those who care.

"Attorney General Eric Holder’s refusal to fully disclose the documents associated with Operation Fast and Furious and President Obama’s assertion of executive privilege serves to compound this tragedy.

It denies the Terry family and the American people the truth.

Our son, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, was killed by members of a Mexican drug cartel armed with weapons from this failed Justice Department gun trafficking investigation. For more than 18 months we have been asking our federal government for justice and accountability.

The documents sought by the House Oversight Committee and associated with Operation Fast and Furious should be produced and turned over to the committee.

Our son lost his life protecting this nation, and it is very disappointing that we are now faced with an administration that seems more concerned with protecting themselves rather than revealing the truth behind Operation Fast and Furious".

Here's the link for the whole article.

Brian Terry family

USBP%2BAgent%2BBrian%2BTerry.jpg

I was told that this Administration was a transparent one...:confused:

Also confused as to why documents that were freely admitted existed are now blocked.

Watching the boards today and witnessing liberals who screamed so loudly over the "injustice" done to Valerie Plame posting today with venom and absolutely mocking the process investigating Operation Fast and Furious has been mind boggling.

Gutter. The word gutter comes to mind. Liberals have outdone themselves today. Just when I don't think liberals can sink any lower, they come thru one more time and go further into the vile quicksand that is in their hearts.

"Attorney General Eric Holder’s refusal to fully disclose the documents associated with Operation Fast and Furious and President Obama’s assertion of executive privilege serves to compound this tragedy.

Our son, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, was killed by members of a Mexican drug cartel armed with weapons from this failed Justice Department gun trafficking investigation. For more than 18 months we have been asking our federal government for justice and accountability.

The documents sought by the House Oversight Committee and associated with Operation Fast and Furious should be produced and turned over to the committee.

Our son lost his life protecting this nation, and it is very disappointing that we are now faced with an administration that seems more concerned with protecting themselves rather than revealing the truth behind Operation Fast and Furious".

Brian Terry family

I blame the drug cartels and those that pulled the trigger. I'm funny that way.

Brian Terry family

Blame a killer? Unheard of, post Zimmerman. Oddly, Terry's family is to be comforted, Martin's family to be scorned.

Brian Terry family

How 2nd Amendment of you. In this case, though, the AG put the guns in the cartels hands. Many Lefties want to shut down gun manufacturers under the position that their guns kill people....not the people that pull the trigger.

Brian Terry family

Blame a killer? Unheard of, post Zimmerman. Oddly, Terry's family is to be comforted, Martin's family to be scorned.

You are a LYING sack of shit.

Brian Terry family

How 2nd Amendment of you. In this case, though, the AG put the guns in the cartels hands. Many Lefties want to shut down gun manufacturers under the position that their guns kill people....not the people that pull the trigger.

I am a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment and an NRA member. Thanks for the deflection.

I hold the killers responsible, and want THEM prosecuted. Cutting off aid to Mexico might spark their interest. Lying about wanting killers prosecuted? No, I want them incarcerated for LIFE.

Brian Terry family

The Obama Fluffers will defend their Messiah

I hold the killers responsible, and want THEM prosecuted. Cutting off aid to Mexico might spark their interest. Lying about wanting killers prosecuted? No, I want them incarcerated for LIFE.

But the Republicans want this for political reasons....easier for them....and so very useful. Doesn't do much about catching the killers tho.

But the Republicans want this for political reasons....easier for them....and so very useful. Doesn't do much about catching the killers tho.

Holder and apparently Obama were involved

Putting some pressure on Mexico might, but that would actually honor this young man's life, Finding Holder in contempt does ZIP.

Brian Terry family

I do as well. I want the killers brought to justice. But how is one to bring them to justice unless the inquiry goes forward?

And Congress has to have all the pieces of the puzzle. Go behind closed doors. Keep it private if there are any concerns about National Security; but just get to the bottom of what went horribly wrong.

One piece of legislation up here that has been enacted in several provinces now is the Apology Act.

Do you have States that have legislation like this?

Here's more details. And hopefully at least it will get individuals into a civil frame of mind because the person/corporation being sued can at least say "sorry" and negotiate from there.

I think it's just awesome legislation. Something desperately needed.

From a great article:

So far, there is no Canadian case law dealing with any of these Apology Acts. However, the purpose of the Acts is clear. There was a recognition that parties were afraid to express an apology for fear of the apology being taken as an admission of liability or guilt. The literature demonstrated that many individuals who became involved in civil litigation would have refrained from initiating actions, if they had received an apology.

As noted by British Columbia Attorney General's discussion paper on apology legislation, the factors favouring apology legislation included:

(a) to avoid litigation and encourage the early and cost-effective resolution of disputes;

(b) to encourage natural, open and direct dialogue between people after injuries; and

(c) to encourage people to engage in the moral and humane act of apologizing after they have injured another and to take responsibility for their actions.

The discussion paper went on to recognize that there may be some negative results, such as the effect on public confidence if a person had admitted liability in an apology and was later found not liable in a civil action, insincere apologies could be encouraged and vulnerable people might not pursue the full extent of recourse open to them. Despite the possible negatives, the four provinces mentioned have moved forward with apology legislation, in order to recognize the benefits of apologies, both morally and as a way to resolve disputes without resort to civil litigation.

The whole purpose of apology legislation is to allow a party who is accused of a wrong to offer some solace to the party who feels they have suffered a wrong, without admitting civil liability. It allows humane expressions of regret or sympathy without having such expressions used later in a civil action. Although it is too early to tell, it is hoped that the result will be to allow solace to be offered to those who have been injured or suffered damage to assist in the healing process.

I’M SO SORRY! – The Apology Act takes the sting out of apologizing - Margaret R. Truesdale - Publications | Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall LLP/s.r.l.

ETA: At least legislation like this I think would have set a whole different tone in the inquiry.

Last edited:

Holder and apparently Obama were involved

What I don't understand is why a person like AG Holder just can't come forward, tell the truth, admit this was a major screw up and for the country's sake work on never having a repeat performance.

The one thing though that sticks in my craw is that you had Mrs. Clinton apologizing to Mexico for the U.S. not being able to stifle the flow of weapons into Mexico I think it was in April of 2009 and then half a year later set up a program to allow a huge flow of weapons to be disbursed to the cartels and not even tracked except when the weapons were retrieved from crime scenes.

I mean you look at the plan and go that's FUBAR'd. The only thing you discover is which gun killed what person.

It's got FAIL written all over it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back