Brian Kelly dumps undefeated Cincinatti before the biggest game in school history

You can't blame the guy for getting a shot at his dream job.

Notre Dame should have shown some class and not offered the position till after the Sugar Bowl. To steal someones coach before the biggest game in school history
is........Unchristian?

What I don't understand is why they don't let him coach that game? It's so unfair to his players and the fans.

Hey Notre Dame......Got Class?

The only class ND has had for a while now is the kind with books.

This is supposed to be a school teaching Christian principles. How do you steal another teams coach before the biggest game in that schools history and then tell your students what it means to be Christian?

Guess it doesn't apply to Football

Tommy Bowden did the same thing to us (Tulane) in '98.

Ever since then, I've hated that shitbag with a passion and have delighted in Clemson's misery. I was extremely happy when they fired him this year. Have fun coaching DIII ball, Tommy, you POS.

Other than that, there is something wrong with the system when coaches aren't allowed, and even forced, to leave their teams before bowl games if they want to go to another school.

Ever since then, I've hated that shitbag with a passion and have delighted in Clemson's misery. I was extremely happy when they fired him this year. Have fun coaching DIII ball, Tommy, you POS.

Other than that, there is something wrong with the system when coaches aren't allowed, and even forced, to leave their teams before bowl games if they want to go to another school.

There used to be things called contracts. How can you have a contract that allows a coach to leave before a bowl game?

There used to be things called contracts. How can you have a contract that allows a coach to leave before a bowl game?

I don't know, but everything Tommy did was on the up and up. I don't know the details, if he was forced to leave by taking the Clemson job, or if he just chose to leave. Either way, it's irrelevant to me. Those kids played their hearts out for him, and he abandoned them.

He's a shitbag, and I am glad Karma bit him in the ass.

BTW, Tommy's offensive coordinator was a little known figure at the time named Rich Rodriquez. Everyone was sure he'd get the job, but instead, we passed on him for a guy named Scelfo. Rodriquez went to W. Virginia, and the rest is history.

Way to go, Tulane.

Forum List

Back