Brexit Vote Aftermath

We want the right to choose our trading partners, and not have the EU choose them for us. We will trade with the EU if they allow us access. You seem to foret that trade is a two way street and any obstacles the EU place in its path we will respond to with our own obstacles. The EU is reliant on the UK for taking much of its produce like BMW, Mercedes, Citreon, Audi, VW and other cars. A vast sum of money these companies cant afford to lose, so what concesions is the EU prepared to offer. They have already shown their starting point which is a halt to immigration for 6 years, we hold all the aces and can make demands the EU wont like.

Sure, you can use landaus and dogcarts instead of them. They have significant advantages in comparison with European cars: they will reduce your reliance on imports; you will spite those bastard eurocrats; you can easily imagine that you returned in the times of the old and good England of the Queen Victoria.

A vast sum of money these companies cant afford to lose, so what concesions is the EU prepared to offer. They have already shown their starting point which is a halt to immigration for 6 years, we hold all the aces and can make demands the EU wont like.

Britain is more reliant on the EU, because almost half of your exports go to the EU, while only around 15% of the EU exports go to Britain. You are welcome to provide information that refutes this, but with relevant figures.

Try this and see the truth

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] UK Government Web Archive – The National Archives

and this

Do half the UK's exports go to Europe?

he proportion of all goods and services exported going to the EU was 44% last year.

Okay, 44 per cent. I have to admit that it is not a half, but it is nearer to it than 20% you claimed before, isn’t it? As far as I can understand, you raise no objection about Britain’s share in the EU’s exports (I mean that 15% of the EU’s exports go to Britain). 44 against 15. Am I only one who think that the odds aren't in Britain’s favour in a case of trade war?

That 20% is the deficit figure, as in 80% imported from the EU compared to 20% exported to the EU.

The 44% is 44% of the whole of Britians trade, meaning that 56% went to non EU nations.

So the figures show we can and will stand on our own while the EU flounders

Actually, may of the services, particularly financial services, that the UK provides to EU states (the euro clearing house), EU companies (bank accounts, investment funds, etc.) and EU citizens (bank accounts, investment services, etc.) are not counted in the exports ledger and the UK will lose all of these services as they are contingent on the UK being in the EU. Once out of the EU the UK will be considered a foreign country and those accounts will be closed and transferred to EU location/institutions.

WRONG AGAIN freddy as they are covered by contracts that have to be either bought out or fulfilled

All done under EU laws, rules and regulations and the EU benefits as a whole. Now where does the other 75% of our exports go ?

In addition to those 25%, 19 % go to the other EU countries, and 56% go to non-EU countries.

The same place that most of Britains other industries went, to foriegn asset strippers. And then they got EU loans to relocate to mainland Europe and set up shop there. Do you see the picture yet, the EU has systematically destroyed the British industries and taken them all to Europe. No more steel making, no more train building, no more ship building all gone to europe and still we are the best performer out of the 28 member states.

Oh, another conspiracy theory, I see. Cinderella and a wicked stepmother.

But there still remains one question. Where has your government been during all that time? Years were turning in decades; Tories were changing Labours and Labours were changing Tories but the British government did nothing to protect your interests. And you the British people did nothing to make you government do something with it. And now you want to give more power to this government. And you believe that you will be able to control better you government. But what makes you think that? People have changed themselves or you political elite have changed themselves? No, they don’t. But fairy tales with a happy end are so good and it is so wonderful to believe in them, isn’t it?

No more steel making, no more train building, no more ship building all gone to europe and still we are the best performer out of the 28 member states.

It all depends what you consider as the best performance.

Let’s see in 2015 year.
British GDP growth rate is 2.2%. Ireland 7.8%, Poland 3.6%, Spain 3.2%.
British industrial production growth rate is 1.8%. Czechia 5%, Poland 4.3%, Sweden 3.5%, Ireland 3%, Portugal 2%.
British budget deficit is 4.5%. It is higher than every EU country has, except Croatia (5%).

That 20% is the deficit figure, as in 80% imported from the EU compared to 20% exported to the EU.

I don’t understand what you are saying by this. Could you elaborate?

The 44% is 44% of the whole of Britians trade, meaning that 56% went to non EU nations.

Yes, 56% go to non EU nations. At the same time 85% of EU trade go to other nations except the British. Consider these figures, saying that the EU relies more on Britain than Britain relies on the EU is a little bit arrogant.

All done under EU laws, rules and regulations and the EU benefits as a whole. Now where does the other 75% of our exports go ?

In addition to those 25%, 19 % go to the other EU countries, and 56% go to non-EU countries.

The same place that most of Britains other industries went, to foriegn asset strippers. And then they got EU loans to relocate to mainland Europe and set up shop there. Do you see the picture yet, the EU has systematically destroyed the British industries and taken them all to Europe. No more steel making, no more train building, no more ship building all gone to europe and still we are the best performer out of the 28 member states.

Oh, another conspiracy theory, I see. Cinderella and a wicked stepmother.

But there still remains one question. Where has your government been during all that time? Years were turning in decades; Tories were changing Labours and Labours were changing Tories but the British government did nothing to protect your interests. And you the British people did nothing to make you government do something with it. And now you want to give more power to this government. And you believe that you will be able to control better you government. But what makes you think that? People have changed themselves or you political elite have changed themselves? No, they don’t. But fairy tales with a happy end are so good and it is so wonderful to believe in them, isn’t it?

No more steel making, no more train building, no more ship building all gone to europe and still we are the best performer out of the 28 member states.

It all depends what you consider as the best performance.

Let’s see in 2015 year.
British GDP growth rate is 2.2%. Ireland 7.8%, Poland 3.6%, Spain 3.2%.
British industrial production growth rate is 1.8%. Czechia 5%, Poland 4.3%, Sweden 3.5%, Ireland 3%, Portugal 2%.
British budget deficit is 4.5%. It is higher than every EU country has, except Croatia (5%).

And it is that 56% that the EU is so scared of, and if that becomes 65% or 75% or even 90% then the other EU nations will see it and want to leave.

No conspiracy theory at all as I have already shown the EU has stolen British jobs and production by offering large sums of money to firms to relocate in Eastern Europe and close down in Britain.

My government has been doing nothing under Labour who gave away everything to the EU because they were too cowardly to say NO. When the Tories came to power just 2 years ago they found laws and rules accepted by Labour that gave Brussels full control of the UK. They tried talking with Brussels in regards to the open borders and were told that what they proposed was illegal and we could be fined if we even tried to implement the changes. We were doomed to fail as we were just 1 vote against 27 that all saw the UK as a cash cow.

The nation to have the best performance overall of course, which is another thing the EU was relying on to drag it away from losing its rating. I wonder what the eurocrats will do when they can no longer get international loans to prop up the ailing nations ?

I don’t understand what you are saying by this. Could you elaborate?

Yes, 56% go to non EU nations. At the same time 85% of EU trade go to other nations except the British. Consider these figures, saying that the EU relies more on Britain than Britain relies on the EU is a little bit arrogant.

Out of our total trade with the EU 20 % is what we sell, 80% is what we buy. That is an 80% deficit in trade, take that 80% away from the EU and they have to make it up elsewhere. The rules forbid them from going outside Europe so they are screwed. That is why they are trying to force the UK to leave now before any trade deals are made.

UK trade deficit hits eight-year high as goods sector drags - FT.com

And it is that 56% that the EU is so scared of, and if that becomes 65% or 75% or even 90% then the other EU nations will see it and want to leave.

Yes, it may become 65% or 75% or 99%, also it may become 35% or 15% or 5% in the long run. But I have to admit that the tendency now is that the exports to non-EU countries are growing while to the EU countries are diminishing.

No conspiracy theory at all as I have already shown the EU has stolen British jobs and production by offering large sums of money to firms to relocate in Eastern Europe and close down in Britain.

Maybe it is true, but it is your manufacturers took this money and closed down their factories in Britain and made some British workers jobless because manufacturing in Eastern Europe is cheaper than in Britain. And I have a feeling that these manufacturers won’t return their factories in Britain because it is still cheaper to produce in E. Europe and the bulk of their production is sold in Europe or elsewhere except Britain.

My government has been doing nothing under Labour who gave away everything to the EU because they were too cowardly to say NO. When the Tories came to power just 2 years ago they found laws and rules accepted by Labour that gave Brussels full control of the UK. They tried talking with Brussels in regards to the open borders and were told that what they proposed was illegal and we could be fined if we even tried to implement the changes. We were doomed to fail as we were just 1 vote against 27 that all saw the UK as a cash cow.

Okay, let’s see what the Tories will do. I wonder what will be if the Labours take power again?

The nation to have the best performance overall of course, which is another thing the EU was relying on to drag it away from losing its rating. I wonder what the eurocrats will do when they can no longer get international loans to prop up the ailing nations ?

I have already provided figures about GDP growth, industrial production growth rate, and budget deficit. Specify what you mean by ‘the best performance overall’ and provide some figures, otherwise it is pointless.

Out of our total trade with the EU 20 % is what we sell, 80% is what we buy. That is an 80% deficit in trade, take that 80% away from the EU and they have to make it up elsewhere. The rules forbid them from going outside Europe so they are screwed. That is why they are trying to force the UK to leave now before any trade deals are made.

Where did you get this? According to the article (you posted a link to it in the post 112) the British exports to the EU stood at 220 billion pounds in 2014, the British imports from the EU stood at 280 billion pounds, the deficit was 60 billion pounds (I rounded the figures). The overall turnover was 500 billion pounds. So, the export-import ratio is 44 to 56.

What rules do you mean?

UK trade deficit hits eight-year high as goods sector drags - FT.com

It is a very interesting article. It says much about ‘the best performance overall’, doesn’t it?

Oh, and it shows that I was wrong when I wrote about the tendency in exports/imports in my previous post. Read again was said a certain Allie Ranison about exports to the EU in the past two years.

Yes, it may become 65% or 75% or 99%, also it may become 35% or 15% or 5% in the long run. But I have to admit that the tendency now is that the exports to non-EU countries are growing while to the EU countries are diminishing.

Maybe it is true, but it is your manufacturers took this money and closed down their factories in Britain and made some British workers jobless because manufacturing in Eastern Europe is cheaper than in Britain. And I have a feeling that these manufacturers won’t return their factories in Britain because it is still cheaper to produce in E. Europe and the bulk of their production is sold in Europe or elsewhere except Britain.

Okay, let’s see what the Tories will do. I wonder what will be if the Labours take power again?

I have already provided figures about GDP growth, industrial production growth rate, and budget deficit. Specify what you mean by ‘the best performance overall’ and provide some figures, otherwise it is pointless.

Showing that the rest of the world wants to trade with Britain

Actually it was EU, mainly French, SDpanish and German, companies that bought the factories that were doing well, closed them down and moved production to Europe where it was cheaper.

They will impose border controls and stop welfare for starters, then start clawing back all the fraudulent money claimed

The UK economy is rising at a rate of 0.6% even after the vote, the EU economy isabout 0.3% overall and falling. Some EU nations are in the negative which means they are going broke

Eurozone GDP growth halves as French economy stalls - BBC News

UK economic growth sped up ahead of Brexit vote - BBC News

Actually it was EU, mainly French, SDpanish and German, companies that bought the factories that were doing well, closed them down and moved production to Europe where it was cheaper.

Oh, I see. In this case the things are even worse for you, because the possibility to return these factories back to Britain is going to the zero.

The UK economy is rising at a rate of 0.6% even after the vote, the EU economy isabout 0.3% overall and falling. Some EU nations are in the negative which means they are going broke

Actually, I think it would be fairer to compare the UK with certain countries rather than with the EU as a whole.

The UK economy is rising at a rate of 0.6% even after the vote

How is it possible that some your conclusions are directly opposite to the articles I give links to? It is what is written there:

Second, the figures do not contain much information on what has happened to the economy following the June 23 vote.

Analysts and business groups warned against using the second-quarter figures - which only included estimates of one week following the 23 June referendum - to measure the impact of the Brexit result.

A snapshot of the economy in the weeks after the referendum - from the closely-watched Purchasing Managers Indexes (PMIs) - suggested there had been a sharp fall in economic activity following the Leave vote.

The economy seems to be heading towards a "significant deterioration" in the second half of 2016, according to the National Institute of Economic and Social Research.

Oh, I see. In this case the things are even worse for you, because the possibility to return these factories back to Britain is going to the zero.

Actually, I think it would be fairer to compare the UK with certain countries rather than with the EU as a whole.

The UK economy is rising at a rate of 0.6% even after the vote

How is it possible that some your conclusions are directly opposite to the articles I give links to? It is what is written there:

Second, the figures do not contain much information on what has happened to the economy following the June 23 vote.

Analysts and business groups warned against using the second-quarter figures - which only included estimates of one week following the 23 June referendum - to measure the impact of the Brexit result.

A snapshot of the economy in the weeks after the referendum - from the closely-watched Purchasing Managers Indexes (PMIs) - suggested there had been a sharp fall in economic activity following the Leave vote.

The economy seems to be heading towards a "significant deterioration" in the second half of 2016, according to the National Institute of Economic and Social Research.

Hardly as they are still there, along with the equipment inside. So all it will take is money to restart the production, and then selol the finished articles cheaper than anyone else

Not when the EU is touted as the maker of rules you cant, what next only using certain products because they are only produced in certain factories in certain EU nations and meet with your POV. While the EU is seen as the whole then it must be counted as the whole or you are comparing chalk with cheese.

Because you cherry pick what you want the results to be, so only use narrow minded articles. The ONS is an official government body that is accountable to FOI rules, so has to be transparent, 3rd party sources dont and can tell as many lies as they can get away with

Not when the EU is touted as the maker of rules you cant, what next only using certain products because they are only produced in certain factories in certain EU nations and meet with your POV. While the EU is seen as the whole then it must be counted as the whole or you are comparing chalk with cheese.

Sure, you can compare Britain with the EU as a whole. And of course this comparison will be more pleasant for you than comparing Britain with leading EU countries. I am sure that you aware that there are economical differences between North and South inside the EU as well as between West and East. And it won’t be soon when these differences will be overcome, if ever.

Because you cherry pick what you want the results to be, so only use narrow minded articles. The ONS is an official government body that is accountable to FOI rules, so has to be transparent, 3rd party sources dont and can tell as many lies as they can get away with

Actually, it is the most astonishing part of our discussion. Man, I want to remind you that it is you who gave links to the articles to support you claims while posting different things than those written in them.

Sure, you can compare Britain with the EU as a whole. And of course this comparison will be more pleasant for you than comparing Britain with leading EU countries. I am sure that you aware that there are economical differences between North and South inside the EU as well as between West and East. And it won’t be soon when these differences will be overcome, if ever.

Actually, it is the most astonishing part of our discussion. Man, I want to remind you that it is you who gave links to the articles to support you claims while posting different things than those written in them.

And the UK is all that in one small island so it has to be compared with the whole of the EU. The only reason they let in the former soviet states was to build the pollution creating workplaces away from the "real Europe" of France, Germany, Belguim, Spain,Netherlands and Austria. Re-locating all the clean industries to these nations and the nasty ones out of sight. This has led to a problem for the EU in they have put all their eggs of a certain size or colour into one basket, and if those baskets go missing they have a huge hole to suddenly fill. As they have found with the UK and it financial companies.

Nope they said what I said

The only reason they let in the former soviet states was to build the pollution creating workplaces away from the "real Europe" of France, Germany, Belguim, Spain,Netherlands and Austria. Re-locating all the clean industries to these nations and the nasty ones out of sight.

I won’t argue about that. It may well be that some dirty industries have been relocated to Eastern Europe.

This has led to a problem for the EU in they have put all their eggs of a certain size or colour into one basket, and if those baskets go missing they have a huge hole to suddenly fill. As they have found with the UK and it financial companies.

These baskets won’t go missing.

Yeah, right. Let it be this way.

The only reason they let in the former soviet states was to build the pollution creating workplaces away from the "real Europe" of France, Germany, Belguim, Spain,Netherlands and Austria. Re-locating all the clean industries to these nations and the nasty ones out of sight.

I won’t argue about that. It may well be that some dirty industries have been relocated to Eastern Europe.

This has led to a problem for the EU in they have put all their eggs of a certain size or colour into one basket, and if those baskets go missing they have a huge hole to suddenly fill. As they have found with the UK and it financial companies.

These baskets won’t go missing.

Yeah, right. Let it be this way.

They will if the nations decide to leave the EU, which has been the fear of the EU since the UK held the referendum.

Speaking of vacuity, Barack Obama and Joe Biden presume to lecture the English on the hazards of national sovereignty before and after the Brexit vote. Obama threatened to put Britannia at the “end of the queue.” Vice-President Biden, before the egg on the president’s face could dry, suggested that the Brit establishment didn’t necessarily have to honor the mandate of voters.

Such globalist arrogance is manifest in Brussels. At the moment, a cabal of Euro strategic storm troopers is actually arguing for an “EU Army,” as if the NATO legion wasn’t dangerous enough. For the past two decades, NATO and the US State Department have been playing nuclear chicken with the Russians.

At the same time, Brussels can’t protect itself from Islamists at home. Hard to believe that a Schengen army in Europe would be any more effective or economical than the hapless Frontex border scouts.

Withal, our English cousins have fired a shot across the bow of a least one globalist goliath and laid down a marker for national sovereignty everywhere, especially America. The echoes of Brexit are sure to be heard in the 2016 American presidential election.

England is the mother of parliaments and the father of modern democracy. Both America and England were products of the Enlightenment. National independence and democracy were probative values then and they remain so today. All of America’s founding fathers were in fact enlightened Englishmen.

Brexit: Birth of a Nation

An EU military would be the most anti-globalist gesture possible for Europe. Taking away from globalist NATO, controlled by the U.S., the role of defending Europe's interests. Which it does not..

Europe, the mother of modern republics and elected assemblies, the Roman Republic's Senate, has the history and tradition of successful republican rule over several centuries, not to mention the many republics and elected assemblies of the republics of the Renaissance.

This experience will be instrumental in the successful integration of Europe, now that the English are gone. Of course, NI and Scotland are welcome join the EU after leaving a the dinosaur that is the English monarchy

An EU military would be the most anti-globalist gesture possible for Europe. Taking away from globalist NATO, controlled by the U.S., the role of defending Europe's interests. Which it does not..

Europe, the mother of modern republics and elected assemblies, the Roman Republic's Senate, has the history and tradition of successful republican rule over several centuries, not to mention the many republics and elected assemblies of the republics of the Renaissance.

This experience will be instrumental in the successful integration of Europe, now that the English are gone. Of course, NI and Scotland are welcome join the EU after leaving a the dinosaur that is the English monarchy

Dont you read the news, there are two nations that have already vetoed them. Once again you prove that you dont have a clue as to what you are talking about

Successful integration? Do you know what you are talking about?

The West Germans can't stand the East Germans.

Forum List

Back