Breivik: I had tried all peaceful means. I have personally found that this was futile

pvsi.

Nov 17, 2011
I am starting to understand Breivik, a man I once hated so much, I now would not torture or harm at all. people are just no different then chickens, perhaps worse, and I agree with him on that. there are reasons I myself moved away from all of them:

"I had tried all peaceful means. I have personally found that this was futile. I tried to engage myself politically ... write essays and get through to the editors. ... Then there was only one possibility, that was violence," Breivik said.

Asked if he considered his terror attacks to be cowardly, Breivik said it would probably have been "most honorable" to challenge Norway's military to a duel.

"But when you are up against a massive strength, one is forced to do asymmetric warfare, and the only thing you have then is the element of surprise," he said.
Norway's Breivik gives chilling account of gun massacre - CNN.com

Granny says, "Dat's right - lock `im up an' throw away the key...
thumbsup.gif

Isolation didn't violate mass murderer Anders Breivik's human rights, Norway's top court rules
Friday 9th June, 2017 — Norway’s top court has rejected an appeal by mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, saying the country didn’t violate his human rights by isolating him in jail.
The Hoeyesterett court said Thursday it found “no basis” for a different conclusion than the one reached by the Borgarting Court of Appeal in January.

tb9cca85.jpg

Anders Behring Breivik, as he sits in court on the third day of the appeal case in Borgarting Court of Appeal at Telemark prison in Skien, Norway.​

Breivik, serving a 21-year sentence for killing 77 people in a 2011 bomb-and-shooting rampage, had claimed his solitary confinement has deeply damaged him and made him even more radical in his neo-Nazi beliefs.

Last year, the Norwegian government had appealed a lower court ruling that Breivik’s isolation in prison violates his rights. He had also claimed the frequent strip searches and the fact that he was often handcuffed during the early part of his incarceration violated his human rights.

Isolation didn't violate mass murderer Anders Breivik's human rights, Norway's top court rules

Forum List

Back