Breeding terror through terror: Israel's claim to fame

AtlantaWalter

Nov 8, 2003
small cave outside Atlanta
Must be nice to be god's chosen.....

http://jang.com.pk/thenews/apr2004-daily/01-04-2004/oped/o3.htm

The Israeli government could not have perpetrated a ghastlier and more counter-productive act than it did by killing the Hamas "spiritual leader" Sheikh Ahmed Yassin in cold blood. Millions across the globe were stunned at the sight of an old paraplegic in a wheelchair being shot with high-tech missiles. The argument that this was retaliation for Hamas’s killing of 10 Israelis in a terrorist attack will convince nobody. The proposition that a crippled, frail, old man planned or organised that attack defies credibility. There is no evidence that Sheikh Yassin was involved in Hamas’s military operations for many, many years.

Israel’s action is morally indefensible, totally illegal and unbecoming of a minimally civilised state. It is a brazen form of extra-judicial killing. In plain English, this means murder by the state. Yet, as Prime Minister Ariel Sharon announced, it is only the beginning of the systematic elimination of Hamas’s entire leadership.

Israel, quite simply, plans to annihilate who ever it regards as an enemy and a threat. This fits the clinical definition of state terrorism. If powerful governments were to resort to extra-judicial killings of those suspected — but legally unproved — to be sources of threat or purveyors of terrorism, the whole world would become a cauldron of lawlessness, brigandage and bloody chaos.

Most countries have condemned the Israeli action. Even the United States — which has long indulged Israel’s actions — has finally come around to deploring Yassin’s assassination. The Western European states were more forthright. European Union Commissioner Chris Patten compared the Israeli action to dealing with a fire by pouring gasoline on the flames. Even India, which has developed close "anti-terrorism cooperation" and a strategic relationship with Israel, called the action "appalling".

To condemn the action is not to condone Hamas or to paper over the fact that it is a fundamentalist group, which indiscriminately kills civilians. But the thousands upon thousands of Palestinians who poured out in the streets of Gaza and the West Bank, and above all, in Israeli cities like Nazareth, were not condoning or supporting Hamas. They were appalled at Israel’s outrageous conduct. When states take revenge by imitating sub-state terrorists, they reduce themselves to their level. Indeed, morally, they sink even lower, and physically, they can be incomparably more brutal.

The assassination is certain to provoke an unspeakably bloody response through another series of revenge attacks by Hamas. Many Hamas leaders have gone underground, and their newly appointed leader in Gaza, Abdal-Aziz Ranteesi, has vowed apocalyptic revenge — to "make the earth tremble under the feet of the Zionists". The slogan is "war, war, war" on Israel.

Sharon’s plan to assassinate Sheikh Yassin was opposed, not just by his interior minister, but also the head of the Israeli Security Service, Shin Bet — men who cannot be accused of being "soft on terrorism" or covert "Hamas supporters". The Sharon government could not have but willed terrorist attacks. It is inconceivable that it acted in a knee-jerk manner, without knowing of the likelihood of more terrorist strikes.

Sharon does not mind sacrificing the lives of scores, even hundreds, of innocent Israeli civilians, by provoking a large-scale violent response to "targeted assassinations". Such diabolical cynicism has long been integral to Israeli policy. It bears recalling that Hamas is itself the creation of Israel. It has been revealed by Israeli General Yitzhak Sager that beginning in 1978, the Israeli state funded Sheikh Yassin to divide the Palestine national movement and divert it from its PLO-centred secular mainstream.

Over the past three years or so, Israel has succeeded in isolating the secular PLO leadership and promoting Hamas. It has now given the Islamic Brotherhood the very martyr it was looking for. It’s as if Hamas and the Sharon cabinet had become partners or allies in murder, blood and gore. Both are identical practitioners of the politics of revenge

However, Sharon is not just being devilishly and ruthlessly cynical towards his own people. He seems to have larger objectives. At least three are apparent. First, Sharon wants to send out the message that Israel is pulling out from the Gaza Strip, but not with its "tail between its legs", it is doing so from a position of strength. The hope is that Hamas will find it hard to convince the Palestinian people that Israel can be forced out of the West Bank too by violent methods. This will eventually help Israel keep about half of the West Bank, which belongs to Palestine, indeed is its main contiguous territory.

Second, Israel calculates that the violence it provokes will legitimise Sharon’s extremist solutions through growing Israeli civilian support for them. A climate of insecurity and constant fear will impel many Israelis to approve of measures like the "anti-terrorist" 650-km long Apartheid Wall (or 4 times longer than the Berlin Wall), which will permanently tear up Palestinian territory and perpetuate illegal Israeli settlements. A terrorised, terrified population can be manipulated to support the suppression of elementary human rights — and to further dehumanise and demonise the Palestinians.

All Palestinians can then be equated with and vilified as mere scum, vermin, or beasts unworthy of elementary decency or lawful treatment. They are "barbarians who want to take our lives", and must be overpowered by superior force.

The third objective is to create conditions for what many Israelis — and certainly much of the world — consider unthinkable, including measures like mass expulsions or a long-term virtual siege of a territory like Gaza. Hardcore Zionists have no intention of trading land for peace. They want to subjugate the Palestinians, so they can keep some of their land.

Mass expulsions and ethnic cleansing were indispensable to the very creation of the Israeli state, and may be necessary in future to ensure its survival. For Right-wing Zionists, the Palestinians "will always pose a threat and they must therefore be controlled and caged in".

Wait!! Don't tell me, the world owes it to them!!!!!!!

Would it be possible to link attacks to retaliation?
If so surely you could charge Sharon with the murders of the next suicide bomb attack, of course your gonna have to wait in line if you want to take Sharon to court. Let's not forget he's already on trial........

jax

The guy was a terrorist leader, a pivotal player in the organization. It's a criminal organization. I'm fine with what israel did. I hope we do the same to bin laden. These terrorists are fucking scum. The whole lot of them and they're all working together.

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
Must be nice to be god's chosen.....

http://jang.com.pk/thenews/apr2004-daily/01-04-2004/oped/o3.htm

The Israeli government could not have perpetrated a ghastlier and more counter-productive act than it did by killing the Hamas "spiritual leader" Sheikh Ahmed Yassin in cold blood. Millions across the globe were stunned at the sight of an old paraplegic in a wheelchair being shot with high-tech missiles. The argument that this was retaliation for Hamas’s killing of 10 Israelis in a terrorist attack will convince nobody. The proposition that a crippled, frail, old man planned or organised that attack defies credibility. There is no evidence that Sheikh Yassin was involved in Hamas’s military operations for many, many years.

Israel’s action is morally indefensible, totally illegal and unbecoming of a minimally civilised state. It is a brazen form of extra-judicial killing. In plain English, this means murder by the state. Yet, as Prime Minister Ariel Sharon announced, it is only the beginning of the systematic elimination of Hamas’s entire leadership.

Israel, quite simply, plans to annihilate who ever it regards as an enemy and a threat. This fits the clinical definition of state terrorism. If powerful governments were to resort to extra-judicial killings of those suspected — but legally unproved — to be sources of threat or purveyors of terrorism, the whole world would become a cauldron of lawlessness, brigandage and bloody chaos.

Most countries have condemned the Israeli action. Even the United States — which has long indulged Israel’s actions — has finally come around to deploring Yassin’s assassination. The Western European states were more forthright. European Union Commissioner Chris Patten compared the Israeli action to dealing with a fire by pouring gasoline on the flames. Even India, which has developed close "anti-terrorism cooperation" and a strategic relationship with Israel, called the action "appalling".

To condemn the action is not to condone Hamas or to paper over the fact that it is a fundamentalist group, which indiscriminately kills civilians. But the thousands upon thousands of Palestinians who poured out in the streets of Gaza and the West Bank, and above all, in Israeli cities like Nazareth, were not condoning or supporting Hamas. They were appalled at Israel’s outrageous conduct. When states take revenge by imitating sub-state terrorists, they reduce themselves to their level. Indeed, morally, they sink even lower, and physically, they can be incomparably more brutal.

The assassination is certain to provoke an unspeakably bloody response through another series of revenge attacks by Hamas. Many Hamas leaders have gone underground, and their newly appointed leader in Gaza, Abdal-Aziz Ranteesi, has vowed apocalyptic revenge — to "make the earth tremble under the feet of the Zionists". The slogan is "war, war, war" on Israel.

Sharon’s plan to assassinate Sheikh Yassin was opposed, not just by his interior minister, but also the head of the Israeli Security Service, Shin Bet — men who cannot be accused of being "soft on terrorism" or covert "Hamas supporters". The Sharon government could not have but willed terrorist attacks. It is inconceivable that it acted in a knee-jerk manner, without knowing of the likelihood of more terrorist strikes.

Sharon does not mind sacrificing the lives of scores, even hundreds, of innocent Israeli civilians, by provoking a large-scale violent response to "targeted assassinations". Such diabolical cynicism has long been integral to Israeli policy. It bears recalling that Hamas is itself the creation of Israel. It has been revealed by Israeli General Yitzhak Sager that beginning in 1978, the Israeli state funded Sheikh Yassin to divide the Palestine national movement and divert it from its PLO-centred secular mainstream.

Over the past three years or so, Israel has succeeded in isolating the secular PLO leadership and promoting Hamas. It has now given the Islamic Brotherhood the very martyr it was looking for. It’s as if Hamas and the Sharon cabinet had become partners or allies in murder, blood and gore. Both are identical practitioners of the politics of revenge

However, Sharon is not just being devilishly and ruthlessly cynical towards his own people. He seems to have larger objectives. At least three are apparent. First, Sharon wants to send out the message that Israel is pulling out from the Gaza Strip, but not with its "tail between its legs", it is doing so from a position of strength. The hope is that Hamas will find it hard to convince the Palestinian people that Israel can be forced out of the West Bank too by violent methods. This will eventually help Israel keep about half of the West Bank, which belongs to Palestine, indeed is its main contiguous territory.

Second, Israel calculates that the violence it provokes will legitimise Sharon’s extremist solutions through growing Israeli civilian support for them. A climate of insecurity and constant fear will impel many Israelis to approve of measures like the "anti-terrorist" 650-km long Apartheid Wall (or 4 times longer than the Berlin Wall), which will permanently tear up Palestinian territory and perpetuate illegal Israeli settlements. A terrorised, terrified population can be manipulated to support the suppression of elementary human rights — and to further dehumanise and demonise the Palestinians.

All Palestinians can then be equated with and vilified as mere scum, vermin, or beasts unworthy of elementary decency or lawful treatment. They are "barbarians who want to take our lives", and must be overpowered by superior force.

The third objective is to create conditions for what many Israelis — and certainly much of the world — consider unthinkable, including measures like mass expulsions or a long-term virtual siege of a territory like Gaza. Hardcore Zionists have no intention of trading land for peace. They want to subjugate the Palestinians, so they can keep some of their land.

Mass expulsions and ethnic cleansing were indispensable to the very creation of the Israeli state, and may be necessary in future to ensure its survival. For Right-wing Zionists, the Palestinians "will always pose a threat and they must therefore be controlled and caged in".

Wait!! Don't tell me, the world owes it to them!!!!!!!

Hey asshole, wouldn't want to be late for your KKK rally.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Hey asshole, wouldn't want to be late for your KKK rally.

Why thank you my copraphagenic friend but I do not belong to any right wing organizations.

Did you write your reply during recess? How do the other third graders feel about Israel?

Why thank you my copraphagenic friend but I do not belong to any right wing organizations.

Did you write your reply during recess? How do the other third graders feel about Israel?

You don't have to belong to any right-wing organizations to be a racist asshole.

Nice, reliable sources you have: "....All Palestinians can then be equated with and vilified as mere scum, vermin, or beasts unworthy of elementary decency or lawful treatment. They are "barbarians who want to take our lives", and must be overpowered by superior force."

Thanks for sharing these nice sentiments towards mankind.

Why I'm a 18 year old senior at my high school thank you very much. My friends all know and accept that we worship a Jew and that they are his chosen people.

Is it fun to put your hands over your ears and shout:
"Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!"

quote:Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
First off, I have to ask you if you meant coprOphagenic , not coprAphagenic, because that is not a word. Anyway, I suppose you side with the Germans in WW2, eh? The Jewish people were there first, so why do you support Palestine? It's their Holy Land, for pete's sake! I don't deplore the assasination of that monster! Of course, I just loved the liberal slant that they put in the newspaper, you know, talking about how they killed an elderly, crippled Hamas spiritual leader. Right. He taught young kids to go out and kill themselves. Too bad he didn't go into that occupation himself.

Originally posted by proud_savagette
First off, I have to ask you if you meant coprOphagenic , not coprAphagenic, because that is not a word. Anyway, I suppose you side with the Germans in WW2, eh? The Jewish people were there first, so why do you support Palestine? It's their Holy Land, for pete's sake! I don't deplore the assasination of that monster! Of course, I just loved the liberal slant that they put in the newspaper, you know, talking about how they killed an elderly, crippled Hamas spiritual leader. Right. He taught young kids to go out and kill themselves. Too bad he didn't go into that occupation himself.

Hey, welcome. You're so right. It seems like everyone is against Israel, but they will endure as they've always endured.

Sharon does what he has to do. What do you think the worls thinks when they see children in Israel dead in the supermarket all because they went to the store with their mom? All because these crazy ass,looneytoon radical Muslims want to kill the whole world. The lives of those dead children in Israel are just as innocent as those of the Palestenian children. You need to think more happy thoughts:rolleyes:

By your logic, you're responsible for him saying that.

And there was no evidence that that homosexual crab/lice disease ridden, drug addicted parkinson diseased moron Adolph Hitler was responsible for any national suicide and mass murder but just had tea parties in his Wolf's Lair.

The wheelchair bound Shiek was living in Israel. The land of the Jewish people had every right to kill this degenerate who had more evidence against him for mass genocide than Saddam Husein. Yassin's own comrades presented all the evidence that you claim was never there about his dive into hell.

Hitler, Yassin and Arafat were and are all innocent lambs with no blood on their hands.

Heil Reichfuhreer

Please. Sharon is a frickin' WAR CRIMINAL. His troops shoot CHILDREN. And guys in WHEELCHAIRS. And protesters in parades. I don't give a flip what the Jews do, so long as I don't have to pay for it and it doesn't put my gentile butt in danger (which it currently does), but to prance around like Jews are innocent little victims is just absurd.

Please. Sharon is a frickin' WAR CRIMINAL. His troops shoot CHILDREN. And guys in WHEELCHAIRS. And protesters in parades. I don't give a flip what the Jews do, so long as I don't have to pay for it and it doesn't put my gentile butt in danger (which it currently does), but to prance around like Jews are innocent little victims is just absurd.

Ariel Sharon is the Prime Minister of Israel, he has never been convicted of war crimes, despite all the media hype, and even his involvement in the massacres at Sabra and Shatila were not perpetrated by Jews or Israelis, but by members of the Lebanese Christian Phalangists. "His troops shoot CHILDREN!!!!!!" Those children throw rocks, with armed "Palestinian" men behind them. "And guys in WHEELCHAIRS!!!!" A so-called spiritual leader who is in a wheelchair, and advocates the death of the members of one's nation and the destruction of one's nation is as dangerous as a so-called spiritual leader who walks on crutches, or both legs. What does the WHEELCHAIR have to do with it? "I don't give a flip what the Jews do..." meaning you don't really have any moral outrage at these actions, you only worry that they put your "gentile butt" in danger, because it angers the Arabs that the U.S. supports Israel. In which case, the Jews are braver than you. How does that feel?

Originally posted by William Joyce

Please by your reckoning, Jesus Christ was a WAR CRIMINAL. His creator, Paul of Tarsus, killed generations of Jewish men, women and children (including those in wheelchairs).

I don't give a flip what you think so long as you just spout your hate and venom but don't put people (Jews and gentiles) in danger by acting out your twisted paranoia and envy.

The fact is that the Jewish people are the current owners of Israel no matter how much you and others would wish otherwise. Israel provides the military and medical technology to save your rectum as we speak. Israel is the only democracy that actually pays it loans and grants to the United States by a factor of ten-fold.

so could someone explain to me why i should care about Israel any more than say, botswana....?

S

Israel is a democracy Doc...? well i wouldn't say they're exactly a textbook one, would you?

besides, they're a pita

we could have bought them a nice quiet place by now, like madagascar , where they'd have been a whole lot less trouble....

Israel is a democracy Doc...? well i wouldn't say they're exactly a textbook one, would you?

besides, they're a pita

we could have bought them a nice quiet place by now, like madagascar , where they'd have been a whole lot less trouble....
Yes, Israel is a Democracy, and known to be quite a vigorous one, and has over 1 million Fully enfrancised Arabs.
(including in it's parliament and Supreme Court)

BTW, the Laughable, non-working link post is obviously an Op-Ed from a Pakistani Newspaper. (.pk)

No doubt the hometown daily of it's poster.-

New Topics

Forum List

Back