Breeding Hatred For America By Americans

The favorite this year appears to be "The Help". A story about racism that is long past, but for some reason Hollywood feels we need constant reminders of.

Every once in awhile I see something that is uplifting.

I take it you did not actually see The Help. It was an incredibly uplifting story. In fact, it was the very definition of "uplifting". The greatness of America uplifting its people and itself.

Last edited:
The favorite this year appears to be "The Help". A story about racism that is long past, but for some reason Hollywood feels we need constant reminders of.

I take it you did not actually see The Help. It was an incredibly uplifting story. In fact, it was the very definition of "uplifting". The greatness of America uplifting its people and itself.

I'm sure it is to some. The subject matter doesn't appeal to me because of it brings back a period in our history I'd like to forget.

Some people like to wash our collective faces with the racism in our history and ignore the racism in other countries that is present today.

Last edited:
Obama on Sunday pretty much stated that he didn't like the framework of our Constitution, so the quote you say is ignorant, isn't.
The only way to be a Texan, is to be born a Texan.

And I think God I am not a Texan. But I gotta ask; you a product of the Texas educational system. You know the one that is like last in the nation for educating students.

Or a democrat president lamenting the fact that he can not for congress to do his bidding.

Wait, let me guess, you are from Texas also. Did you go to school with the other semi literate writer?

I'm a proud Texan.

It's what happens when you have a political party that's 90% of one race and one religion all have a similar view on education and science. It's not a secret and it's not something that can be denied. That lack of diversity breeds hatred.

There must be a lot of hatred in Japan then huh? Idiot.

You're right. There is. You think you're being funny, but it's true, Japan has a problem with race.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's what happens when you have a political party that's 90% of one race and one religion all have a similar view on education and science. It's not a secret and it's not something that can be denied. That lack of diversity breeds hatred.

There must be a lot of hatred in Japan then huh? Idiot.

You're right. There is. You think you're being funny, but it's true, Japan has a problem with race.

Japan's problem is that most of em are dweebs.

Everyone must be thinking these days, what's wrong with this country.

I can put a finger on the problem immediately. Our media. I'm not talking just about the news, but TV programs, commercials, comedy shows, movies, kids shows, everything is skillfully being geared toward thinking the worst of the country we live in.

The root of the problem is a prevailing belief that America is a bad country. Having lived in several others I can say this isn't true. I've lived in better and much worse. Much, much worse. But you wouldn't know that if you had never left the confines of our shores.

Everything we feel about America is a byproduct of our media sources. They have a huge impact on our national mood. I seriously doubt there is anyone right now that is happy with the direction this country is going. Watching the Republican primary we see candidates making up lies about each other and tearing each other down. We see a president that we can't trust, that supports anarchy in the streets, and seems to think the constitution is just something to be ignored.

Just as an example, look at the nominations for Oscars this year. How many uplifting pictures got any recognition? Well, one that is purported to be so only pulled in $20 million. "The Artist". Another "Moneyball" tells the story of how a penny-pinching owner forced a general manager to come up with a new way of picking winners without paying them for it. The favorite this year appears to be "The Help". A story about racism that is long past, but for some reason Hollywood feels we need constant reminders of.

Every once in awhile I see something that is uplifting. Something positive. But it's being drowned out by all of the negativity that constantly surrounds us. The only folks that seem to be enjoying this are folks that aren't really good people.

I don't expect much of a discussion about this because unless the media is talking about it nobody else will.

As usual you are full of shit. Who is the first people to denigrate their fellow Americans? People like you. You assholes daily post you bile concerning Liberals, poor people, people whose complexion is differant than yours, or who think a bit differantly than you do.

You people immediatly screamed, puked, and mewled about the ad that Chrysler ran with Clint Eastwood, which was a positive message. In fact, everytime an American says, "Yes, we can", you people immediatly say, "No, we can't, and you are a dirty Commie for suggesting that Americans have the ability to work together to achieve anything".

Explain to us again about how we're supposed to work together when you demonize every conservative and everything they stand for. go ahead we'll wait.

"You People" the purest form of hatred.

Replace Conservative with liberal and we could say the exact same thing....actually, I'd be willing to bet that 3/4 of the time it's Conservatives who start the inflammatory bullshit. Then we jump in and defend ourselves, then WE get labeled as "haters" because we responded to your sides' bullshit.

You see, the issue is... you won't be happy till everyone bows down to your ideology....those on the extreme left won't be happy until everyone bows down to their ideology. Most of us who are stuck somewhere in the middle and can negotiate a reasonable compromise get lost in the hate filled rhetoric from BOTH sides.

I'm sure it is to some. The subject matter doesn't appeal to me because of it brings back a period in our history I'd like to forget.

Some people like to wash our collective faces with the racism in our history and ignore the racism in other countries that is present today.

Those who would forget history are doomed to repeat it.

There's nothing wrong with revisiting the past.

We have a major political party, the Democrats who are economically to the Left of Communists and hate our Constitutional framework and the fact that people can become wealthy and free from government dependency.

Duh. We have a winner. Someone asked for an example of the ignorant rantings of a right wing wack job and how those ranting could influence the opinion of those with an opposing point of view.

Well there you go. I am no Democrat, however I could see where a Dem could take offense about being labeled in such an ignorant way.

That attitude is not conducive to real communication. Or problem solving.

Oh Dear, I may have offended a Democrat and potentially alienated someone who is "no democrat" yet takes offense when I point out that the Communist nations of Vietnam and China have a fuller embrace of free enterprise, free markets and entrepreneurship than American Democrats.

Oh, Dear.

You are either very ignorant abou the actual conditions on the ground in China and vietNam or you are a fascist, Cru.

Because what China and Viet Nam are are really good examples of Mussolini style fascism.

YOu know what Mussolini's Fascist government was right?

That's when the government colludes with certain insider corporations awhile the people of the nation were merely expendable tools to the corrupted fascist state.

And THAT is what you are now telling us YOU BELIEVE are good example of "free enterprise, free markets and entrepreneurship"?

WEll...that certainly is one way CAPITALISM can exist in a society, I'll grant you that.

Capitalism is nothing if not adaptable to different kinds of governance.

Last edited:
Duh. We have a winner. Someone asked for an example of the ignorant rantings of a right wing wack job and how those ranting could influence the opinion of those with an opposing point of view.

Well there you go. I am no Democrat, however I could see where a Dem could take offense about being labeled in such an ignorant way.

That attitude is not conducive to real communication. Or problem solving.

Oh Dear, I may have offended a Democrat and potentially alienated someone who is "no democrat" yet takes offense when I point out that the Communist nations of Vietnam and China have a fuller embrace of free enterprise, free markets and entrepreneurship than American Democrats.

Oh, Dear.

You are either very ignorant abou the actual conditions on the ground in China and vietNam or you are a fascist, Cru.

Because what China and Viet Nam are are really good examples of Mussolini style fascism.

YOu know what Mussolini's Fascist government was right?

That's when the government colludes with certain insider corporations awhile the people of the nation were merely expendable tools to the corrupted fascist state.

And THAT is what you are now telling us YOU BELIEVE are good example of "free enterprise, free markets and entrepreneurship"?

WEll...that certainly is one way CAPITALISM can exist in a society, I'll grant you that.

Capitalism is nothing if not adaptable to different kinds of governance.

Once, on one of the threads on this site, some conservative wrote that China isn't really a communist country. They are more like a corporation with whoever is in charge is like the CEO. I really with these "conservatives" would go back to school so they can learn the difference between reality and what they imagine. They may not believe it, but education is a "good" thing. Better than a "gut feeling" and getting answers from Gawd.

And THAT is our concern/business how exactly?

Putting all of the"old" lessons aside... Have we learned NOTHING from our "victory" in Iraq?

Saddam was an asshole brutal dictator but he really only fucked with seperatists like the Kurds that were constantly plotting to erode his power. Other than that and a few rapes and beatings his society was forced to get along with each other. They even had most of the amenities of a modern society like sewer and water and electricity until Herbert Walker "saved" Kuaitt from themselves. They were stealing Iraqs oil...ya know...But THAT is hardly ever mentioned. Cross drilling under the border ...stealing??? NOOOOOO!!

But back to point... Many of these "other" countries have racism and bigotry fueled by hundreds if not thousands of years of recipricle violence among the different groups within thier societies.

For the most part these countries have evolved mechanisms to counter the inbred hatreds.

Then along comes the American "conservatives" with all that tricle down nation building and war.. We think we have all of the answers and strip away the safety of minorities already in place in most of these places.

The net effect of our "concern" for racism and bigotry as demonstrated in Iraq was that millions of people became refugees.. with nothing in place to prevent the old rivalries from resurfacing tens of thousand...maybe up into the hundreds of thousands murdered.

We have to be a lot more careful in not trying to transfer OUR ideas about racism and bigotry to other nations.

I can't remember when it EVER worked out for the good of the people in "those" countries.

Maybe Bosnia... there was certainly a blood bath there. Africa..another case ..but the white man and his business dealings has much to do with the way things get out of balance..and leave a society always on the edge of collapse/civil war..The next thing ya know is it is all about the "blood diamonds" and the groups that have or have not aligned themselves with outside interests in the buying and selling of a regions natural resources.

In most cases it is better for all involved to let them work out thier problems for themselves.

I can put a finger on the problem immediately. Our media. I'm not talking just about the news, but TV programs, commercials, comedy shows, movies, kids shows, everything is skillfully being geared toward thinking the worst of the country we live in.

The root of the problem is a prevailing belief that America is a bad country. Having lived in several others I can say this isn't true. I've lived in better and much worse. Much, much worse. But you wouldn't know that if you had never left the confines of our shores.

Everything we feel about America is a byproduct of our media sources. They have a huge impact on our national mood. I seriously doubt there is anyone right now that is happy with the direction this country is going. Watching the Republican primary we see candidates making up lies about each other and tearing each other down. We see a president that we can't trust, that supports anarchy in the streets, and seems to think the constitution is just something to be ignored.

Just as an example, look at the nominations for Oscars this year. How many uplifting pictures got any recognition? Well, one that is purported to be so only pulled in $20 million. "The Artist". Another "Moneyball" tells the story of how a penny-pinching owner forced a general manager to come up with a new way of picking winners without paying them for it. The favorite this year appears to be "The Help". A story about racism that is long past, but for some reason Hollywood feels we need constant reminders of.

Every once in awhile I see something that is uplifting. Something positive. But it's being drowned out by all of the negativity that constantly surrounds us. The only folks that seem to be enjoying this are folks that aren't really good people.

I don't expect much of a discussion about this because unless the media is talking about it nobody else will.

I'm just curious what countries have you been to that are better than here? because I have not seen one yet.

Whoa-is-me-ism on display from the perpetual victim class of white conservatives, once again.

Hahahaha.

I'm just curious what countries have you been to that are better than here? because I have not seen one yet.

Neither have I and I spent 20 years in the military traveling all over the world.

Breeding Hatred For America By Americans

It's what happens when a nation turns away from God.

You might want to focus your attention on talk radio. They're more guilty than anyone.

Forum List

Back