Breeding Hatred For America By Americans

I see valid points discussed here and I also see examples of why this country doesn't feel good about itself.

When it comes to the media it's the fact negativity sells whereas when it comes to politics negativity can destroy your opponent. If you don't have good ideas the easiest way to run a campaign is go negative. However yesterdays primary results shows that negativity doesn't always work. People are tired of hearing how much the other guy sucks. They just aren't buying it. Lying about your opponent only reflects poorly on you.

It's clear Obama is incapable of leading this country with a positive message. If anyone wonders why Ronald Reagan was such a great president, it wasn't because he had all of the answers, it was because his positive influence gave us hope. I see none of that from our current leaders.

Right now, we don't feel that good about ourselves because we have let the 1% of the greediest and most amoral gather all the wealth and power to themselves. That has resulted in a near depression, and the deaths of over 5000 of our sons and daughters in useless overseas wars.

Time for the 99% to gather back the reins of power, and replace our present oligarchy with a democracy.

Obama on Sunday pretty much stated that he didn't like the framework of our Constitution, so the quote you say is ignorant, isn't.
The only way to be a Texan, is to be born a Texan.

And I think God I am not a Texan. But I gotta ask; you a product of the Texas educational system. You know the one that is like last in the nation for educating students.

Or a democrat president lamenting the fact that he can not for congress to do his bidding.

Wait, let me guess, you are from Texas also. Did you go to school with the other semi literate writer?

I see valid points discussed here and I also see examples of why this country doesn't feel good about itself.

When it comes to the media it's the fact negativity sells whereas when it comes to politics negativity can destroy your opponent. If you don't have good ideas the easiest way to run a campaign is go negative. However yesterdays primary results shows that negativity doesn't always work. People are tired of hearing how much the other guy sucks. They just aren't buying it. Lying about your opponent only reflects poorly on you.

It's clear Obama is incapable of leading this country with a positive message. If anyone wonders why Ronald Reagan was such a great president, it wasn't because he had all of the answers, it was because his positive influence gave us hope. I see none of that from our current leaders.

Right now, we don't feel that good about ourselves because we have let the 1% of the greediest and most amoral gather all the wealth and power to themselves. That has resulted in a near depression, and the deaths of over 5000 of our sons and daughters in useless overseas wars.

Time for the 99% to gather back the reins of power, and replace our present oligarchy with a democracy.

True Democracy is simply mob-rule.

Have some more faith in your own god damn countrymen.

The government at every level is a reflection of our fellow countrymen since they put them there, therefore, it's hard to have faith in those people.

Somewhat naively, I have - until now - had faith in the logic of liberals. While I disagree with them on many things, I believed they had the best interests of all Americans at heart. I no longer believe that.

Now, I think that the liberal way is "Freedom for me, but not for thee".

Everyone must be thinking these days, what's wrong with this country.

I can put a finger on the problem immediately. Our media. I'm not talking just about the news, but TV programs, commercials, comedy shows, movies, kids shows, everything is skillfully being geared toward thinking the worst of the country we live in.

The root of the problem is a prevailing belief that America is a bad country. Having lived in several others I can say this isn't true. I've lived in better and much worse. Much, much worse. But you wouldn't know that if you had never left the confines of our shores.

Everything we feel about America is a byproduct of our media sources. They have a huge impact on our national mood. I seriously doubt there is anyone right now that is happy with the direction this country is going. Watching the Republican primary we see candidates making up lies about each other and tearing each other down. We see a president that we can't trust, that supports anarchy in the streets, and seems to think the constitution is just something to be ignored.

Just as an example, look at the nominations for Oscars this year. How many uplifting pictures got any recognition? Well, one that is purported to be so only pulled in $20 million. "The Artist". Another "Moneyball" tells the story of how a penny-pinching owner forced a general manager to come up with a new way of picking winners without paying them for it. The favorite this year appears to be "The Help". A story about racism that is long past, but for some reason Hollywood feels we need constant reminders of.

Every once in awhile I see something that is uplifting. Something positive. But it's being drowned out by all of the negativity that constantly surrounds us. The only folks that seem to be enjoying this are folks that aren't really good people.

I don't expect much of a discussion about this because unless the media is talking about it nobody else will.

You have a point but then you immediately get side tracked and pawn it all off on Hollywood. In THAT way you have the mentality of someone from a third world country. When all they see about America is in movies..that's all you know about America.

Americans are far more affected by the day to day media. The every day media is fueled and for the most part dictated or at least approved by those that pay for the advertising for that media.

:lol: Yea, good luck with that.

Has there ever been a Republican born that could stay on the subject? The original posting was about media influence on public opinion. Keeping that in mind just look at the sorts of responses it got. Responders like "Lonestar-Logic" and "SteveC" get so far off track with their ideological rantings apparently don't bother to read the posts they are responding to, they just use someone else's posting as a stepping off spot to interject their own (twisted) opinions. Reading the stuff the off-track clowns write is like talking to my 4-year-old grandson, only the things that are in their minds matter for them so its nothing to them to interrupt the conversations of adults. Same thing here. Its a shame.

I can put a finger on the problem immediately. Our media. I'm not talking just about the news, but TV programs, commercials, comedy shows, movies, kids shows, everything is skillfully being geared toward thinking the worst of the country we live in.

The root of the problem is a prevailing belief that America is a bad country. Having lived in several others I can say this isn't true. I've lived in better and much worse. Much, much worse. But you wouldn't know that if you had never left the confines of our shores.

Everything we feel about America is a byproduct of our media sources. They have a huge impact on our national mood. I seriously doubt there is anyone right now that is happy with the direction this country is going. Watching the Republican primary we see candidates making up lies about each other and tearing each other down. We see a president that we can't trust, that supports anarchy in the streets, and seems to think the constitution is just something to be ignored.

Just as an example, look at the nominations for Oscars this year. How many uplifting pictures got any recognition? Well, one that is purported to be so only pulled in $20 million. "The Artist". Another "Moneyball" tells the story of how a penny-pinching owner forced a general manager to come up with a new way of picking winners without paying them for it. The favorite this year appears to be "The Help". A story about racism that is long past, but for some reason Hollywood feels we need constant reminders of.

Every once in awhile I see something that is uplifting. Something positive. But it's being drowned out by all of the negativity that constantly surrounds us. The only folks that seem to be enjoying this are folks that aren't really good people.

I don't expect much of a discussion about this because unless the media is talking about it nobody else will.

You have a point but then you immediately get side tracked and pawn it all off on Hollywood. In THAT way you have the mentality of someone from a third world country. When all they see about America is in movies..that's all you know about America.

Americans are far more affected by the day to day media. The every day media is fueled and for the most part dictated or at least approved by those that pay for the advertising for that media.

I did mention news media as well as other media sources. I felt brevity was important because I was heading off to work. There are numerous other examples. You are a product of what you choose to watch. If you watch MSNBC you think Mitt Romney is a snob. If you watch Fox you think Obama is a clown. If you watch the Daily Show it's hard to take anything serious. If you watch MTV you are seriously fucked up. The crap that passes for entertainment is pathetic. Our kids are screwed up partly because of the party til you puke mentality many of them are immersed in.

As usual you are full of shit. Who is the first people to denigrate their fellow Americans? People like you. You assholes daily post you bile concerning Liberals, poor people, people whose complexion is differant than yours, or who think a bit differantly than you do.

You people immediatly screamed, puked, and mewled about the ad that Chrysler ran with Clint Eastwood, which was a positive message. In fact, everytime an American says, "Yes, we can", you people immediatly say, "No, we can't, and you are a dirty Commie for suggesting that Americans have the ability to work together to achieve anything".

Explain to us again about how we're supposed to work together when you demonize every conservative and everything they stand for. go ahead we'll wait.

"You People" the purest form of hatred.

So much hatred is being spewed by both "sides" that it's difficult, and irrelevant, to say which is worse.

Either way, it's literally bringing this country down, and both "sides" are too full of themselves to see it.

Cite some examples to back up your assertions.

Sure.

This board.

Can't wait to see the spin and denials that are sure to follow.

Over and over the evidence is irrefutable. The nation is irretrievably broken with no point on which conservatives and liberals can compromise.

Obama on Sunday pretty much stated that he didn't like the framework of our Constitution, so the quote you say is ignorant, isn't.

And I think God I am not a Texan. But I gotta ask; (Are) you a product of the Texas educational system. You know the one that is like last in the nation for educating students.

Or a democrat president lamenting the fact that he can not for congress to do his bidding.

Wait, let me guess, you are from Texas also. Did you go to school with the other semi literate writer?

Pot, meet kettle...

We have a major political party, the Democrats who are economically to the Left of Communists and hate our Constitutional framework and the fact that people can become wealthy and free from government dependency.

They are fed a daily 2 minute hate and they follow without question. Today it's the "1%" tomorrow its anyone who is religious

when you make blanket generalizations about dems its pretty obvious you are not open to intelligent conversation.

people need to see past the left/right paradigm and the divide and conquer strategy that is ruining this country

Over and over the evidence is irrefutable. The nation is irretrievably broken with no point on which conservatives and liberals can compromise.

It was YOUR party who wrote bills and sponsered them and worked to get them past and the momment President Obama said he would sign them the entire republican party railed against the bill they had written and sponsered and voted against it.

That is all you need to know about WHERE the refusal to work together comes from.

So much hatred is being spewed by both "sides" that it's difficult, and irrelevant, to say which is worse.

Either way, it's literally bringing this country down, and both "sides" are too full of themselves to see it.

Cite some examples to back up your assertions.

Sure.

This board.

Can't wait to see the spin and denials that are sure to follow.

You've just earned yerself a big cup o FAIL

And I think God I am not a Texan. But I gotta ask; you a product of the Texas educational system. You know the one that is like last in the nation for educating students.

I see you studied Alinsky's writings.

Fact is Obama does have a disdain for the Constitution as evidenced by the comment he made.

Wow, now you want to censor Hollywood, that's a riot.

Your point is valid though. Look at the meltdown on the right when Clint Eastwood did a hopeful commercial about the resilience of Americans. Y'all don't want America portrayed as a good place.

America could be a good place if it wasn't for liberals. Since there are definitely liberals, America is not a good place.

New Topics

Forum List

Back