Breathing room

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
Soon all the Washington lawmakers will be returning to their home turf to face their constituents, and I encourage everyone to attend town hall meetups yours have to offer in your local areas.

There are so many options still in draft form concerning the health care reform issue that it's impossible for anyone to sort out the good from the bad at this point, so it makes no sense to continue to fiercely debate what might occur as already etched in stone when we don't yet know what will occur. Max Baucus made the comment that when they all return to Washington in September, we will see the "Mother of All Markups" to this.

Get involved. And try to also connect the dots between the health of the overall economy and how health care for Americans plays a major part. If you don't understand it, ask.

If you agree or disagree on this legislation well said Maggie, it's very important that everyone lend their voices to this and if I may add her encourage their respective representitives to read the bills before voting on it or attempt to know whats it , so they can make an informed decision.

oh man, I need to reopen this in the Flame Zone or General Discussions

(somehow my general discussions turn into flames though)

I thought this would be the thread I could breathe in, lotta stuff happening in the office today

If you agree or disagree on this legislation well said Maggie, it's very important that everyone lend their voices to this and if I may add her encourage their respective representitives to read the bills before voting on it or attempt to know whats it , so they can make an informed decision.

I haven't tried this yet, but apparently you can go to C-Span's website (Cspan.org) and click on ALL the draft bills, then do a word search if you want a specific answer to a specific item.

Everyone should contact their representatives, whether for the plan or not. Make them hear you!

I haven't tried this yet, but apparently you can go to C-Span's website (Cspan.org) and click on ALL the draft bills, then do a word search if you want a specific answer to a specific item.

You can Maggie, but as a suggestion you can also go to Thomas too if you want and get the .pdf versions. It makes word searches at least IMO easier.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3200ih.txt.pdf

thats HR3200 in case anyones interested...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY5rPkgUybQ]YouTube - KATHLEEN SEBELIUS GETS BOOED ON OBAMACARE[/ame]

This might be an indication of how some of them might go , I had the chance to see this the other day , but I suppose a lot depends on the district.

Well so far I see the revolutionaries are weighing in. Go to TexASS and hope for secession.

No time for fighting with you today. Today is Eve's birthday. She's 24. Let's go get ready for the party. Truce today? OK?

I like the message for this thread. Get involved. Don't just take a talkng head's word on the legislation. Whether you want to see HC reform or not, get to know the facts.

Do you know if the end of result of all this is just to wake people up and let the people take control of their own Govt. and put their representatives feet to the fire for a change then it won't be all that bad. In fact I think the passions are running so high on both sides that those in congress depending on the district and state are going to get an earful and hopefully begin to understand it's they who work for us and not the other way around. I would be very happy if this nation woke up in 2010 and started throwing them all out , D or R doesnt matter, now you want change, thats real change.

Soon all the Washington lawmakers will be returning to their home turf to face their constituents, and I encourage everyone to attend town hall meetups yours have to offer in your local areas.

There are so many options still in draft form concerning the health care reform issue that it's impossible for anyone to sort out the good from the bad at this point, so it makes no sense to continue to fiercely debate what might occur as already etched in stone when we don't yet know what will occur. Max Baucus made the comment that when they all return to Washington in September, we will see the "Mother of All Markups" to this.

Get involved. And try to also connect the dots between the health of the overall economy and how health care for Americans plays a major part. If you don't understand it, ask.

I agree. Make sure you people who are both for and against a lot of what is in the bill tell your representatives how you feel.

Maggie add this link in so people can find out how to contact their reps Contacting the Congress

Me personally I'll be asking for them to simplify the bill and go slower.

Add Tort Reform
Remove Home visitations
Remove an unfair competetive advantage with the public option
Remove the financial penalties for not having insurance if you CHOOSE not to.

I thought you might like to see the reception that Claire MCCaskill recently got in a townhall meeting from a US Vet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y98HxYbsdBM]YouTube - US Soldier Demands Apology From Senator Claire McCaskill at Town Hall[/ame]

Do you know if the end of result of all this is just to wake people up and let the people take control of their own Govt. and put their representatives feet to the fire for a change then it won't be all that bad. In fact I think the passions are running so high on both sides that those in congress depending on the district and state are going to get an earful and hopefully begin to understand it's they who work for us and not the other way around. I would be very happy if this nation woke up in 2010 and started throwing them all out , D or R doesnt matter, now you want change, thats real change.

The problem seems to be that when people are asked if they are happy with their own representatives in Washington, they will say yes. It's always the other guy's fault, whatever issue is most upsetting to them personally. Only when one makes a huge booboo, like sleeping around or stuffing graft money in his freezer, do his supporters drop support and vote the person out.

As far as passions running high, I think we've seen nothing like this in history. In part, I blame the media's infatuation with juicy side stories to everything as opposed to investigative reporting. The type of protesting lawmakers are already being subjected to only tells me that there are huge masses of people who don't have a clue what's really happening, on issues that matter, and are therefore confused and angry.

I thought you might like to see the reception that Claire MCCaskill recently got in a townhall meeting from a US Vet.

YouTube - US Soldier Demands Apology From Senator Claire McCaskill at Town Hall

From what I could understand, he is complaining about "welfare" being found nowhere in the Constitution. How fortunate for this soldier that he doesn't need to worry about health care, nor his future education should he choose to advance it. Yes, he EARNED it, but not everyone can join the military.

Frankly, I'm sick of people whining about "welfare" when they've already got theirs, and to hell with other Americans who don't. To me, this is about as UNAmerican as it gets--according to a We The People doctrine of the United States Constitution.

You kow Maggie, he did earn it , and while your correct not everyone is cut out for the military, that does not mean that those benefits cannot be earned elsewhere. It was my impression from the video though that he was calling into question the constitutionality of Govt. healthcare and as there is no specific language to that effect that effect that the Senator had a duty to oppose it. Yes there are people in society that need healthcare Maggie, and we have had this debate many times. Frankly though we part company on the best methods to deliver that to those individuals that cannot do that for themselves. Let me ask you something, while I am very sympathetic to those that are denied healthcare coverage with a pre-existing condition, do you think that a person that is healthy should pay the same premium as someone with a pre-existing condition, or should they all pay the same thing? You see the delima there don't you? It's just a question Maggie and please don't try to to read into that as my being opposed to legislation on allowing for those with pre-existing condition.

You kow Maggie, he did earn it , and while your correct not everyone is cut out for the military, that does not mean that those benefits cannot be earned elsewhere. It was my impression from the video though that he was calling into question the constitutionality of Govt. healthcare and as there is no specific language to that effect that effect that the Senator had a duty to oppose it. Yes there are people in society that need healthcare Maggie, and we have had this debate many times. Frankly though we part company on the best methods to deliver that to those individuals that cannot do that for themselves. Let me ask you something, while I am very sympathetic to those that are denied healthcare coverage with a pre-existing condition, do you think that a person that is healthy should pay the same premium as someone with a pre-existing condition, or should they all pay the same thing? You see the delima there don't you? It's just a question Maggie and please don't try to to read into that as my being opposed to legislation on allowing for those with pre-existing condition.

Once more, you revert right back to your belief that the national discussion is about a universal plan. IT IS NOT. There is not a single draft provision still on the table that discusses one premium price for everyone. None, nada, zip. Why do you think the real liberal Democrats are, ironically, the ones who could possibly put the kibosh on the whole thing? That's what they want, and they're not going to get it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back