Breathe Easier Or Get Worried?: Car Bomb Factory Discovered In Iraq

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
bravo to the US/coalition troops who pulled this off

it does make you cringe though, how many more of these are there?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5355942

Iraqi car bomb production site found
51 suspects detained during two-day search
Updated: 5:38 a.m. ET July 03, 2004

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. soldiers discovered a car bomb production site and detained 51 people for questioning during a two-day search for illegal weapons in Baghdad, the military said on Saturday.

Soldiers found four vehicles, which were apparently being modified for use in bomb attacks, at one site, while searches elsewhere netted rocket-propelled grenade launchers, explosives and bombs designed to be used in roadside attacks.

"Denying the enemy of the Iraqi people the weapons he uses to kill Iraqi civilians is always a remarkable success," Lieutenant Colonel James Hutton, the 1st Cavalry Division's public affairs officer said in a statement. "These discoveries deal a blow to anti-Iraqi forces."

Soldiers also found more than 12 million Iraqi dinars ($8,275) in three safes at the car-bomb production site, along with AK-47 rifles, ammunition, timers and computer boards. Three people were detained.

At other locations, U.S. troops detained 48 suspects and found weapons including bombs, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, explosives and detonators.

The army said it believed suspects detained during the raids belonged to a cell responsible for killing two U.S. soldiers with roadside bombs.

"The soldiers believe they have captured the financier, the explosive device manufacturer, the spotter, and the triggerman," the statement said.

The army did not give dates for the search, saying only that it took place recently.

Guerrillas fighting U.S. forces in Iraq frequently use car bombs or bombs hidden by the roadside to attack American troops and the fledgling security forces of Iraq's interim government.

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

They'll be finding more and more stuff like this. While this doesn't neccessarily qualify as WMD it is a terrorist factory. Who else needs car bombs in such demand? More proof of Terrorist Connection within Saddam's Iraq. Its only a matter of time before we find those stockpiles.

god knows what else they are going to find... where did they get the sarin from? hopefully we'll find that place before they kill a bunch of innocents...

I hope they find any and all car bomb factories in the U.S.
I'm sure these bastards would love to ruin our celebration of Independence.

I've been reading this morning about the problems with security precautions for the Olympics in Greece, namely that they are behind schedule.:confused:

i wonder how deep in the french gov't the scandal goes... i'm sorry i just do not trust them anymore...

same with the russians

I trust the Russians more than the French. Thats not saying much for either though. The French with their actions have placed them in the enemy category were it not for them being an old ally and a member of the EU. Think about it. If Syria or Egypt were taking the actions that France has taken, we would have placed sanctions on them already and place them on the Watch list for terrorist countries. Its France's OLD stature that is keeping them out of hamrs way right now, but im afraid that only a war with them would ever shut them up. Otherwise they fight with words to hinder every good nation of the world.

Forum List

Back