Breastfeeding= Nanny State

That 90% could be reduced if we reduce our global mission. The Cold War is over

Well goddamn, you just proposed what you called me crazy for proposing in another thread - a 90% reduction in government.

See, when you're sober, that makes great sense, doesn't it?

You are obviously not too good at math

What I said is that 90% of the mission involves overseas engagement and could be cut down if the mission were to change. I never said 90% of the military could be eliminated

Only a complete moron would think that 90% of our government could be eliminated

The only purpose for a military is to project our power abroad. The military is not allowed to be used here in the states.

Breast pumps mostly allow women to work away from their babies. Without breast pumps women would have to cut back on hours at work, in order to feed their babies, or use formula. (or a wetnurse I guess)

Tax breaks for breast pumps might help more babies get more breast milk, but they also keep some women more productive in the work force.

I have been in Military R&D for over 30 years. I understand what we buy and why

Yeah, you were in the military just like you're a rightwinger, you hemmorhoid. And we've all seen the evidence of your "understanding" of things.

Military R&D involves many more people than soldiers and sailors. I have helped develop and field systems that have saved thousands of soldiers lives. Nobody appreciates the American military man and woman more than I do.

Feel welcome to discuss your own expertise any time
name some
i'm honestly interested

Breast pumps mostly allow women to work away from their babies. Without breast pumps women would have to cut back on hours at work, in order to feed their babies, or use formula. (or a wetnurse I guess)

Tax breaks for breast pumps might help more babies get more breast milk, but they also keep some women more productive in the work force.
when you can get a breast pump for <$50
who, that actually wants one isnt getting one?

btw, welcome back LTNS

Sarah Palin breast feeding advocate, until Black First Lady advocates the same - Kick! Making Politics Funny - A liberal dose of political comedy

Late Returns: Palin Reverses Support Of Breastfeeding After She Finds Out That A Democrat Also Supports It

WASHINGTON -- Sarah Palin went rogue on Woodbury, Long Island today, where -- at an event hosted by the Long Island Association -- she "flirted openly with running for president." While she was there, Palin took a moment to ridicule First Lady Michelle Obama's recent push to promote breastfeeding.

As it turns out, it's a flip-flop! Per Sarah Pavlus at MediaMatters' County Fair blog:

The perceived dig is quite a turnaround from the position Palin had as governor of Alaska, when she declared October 2007 "Breastfeeding Awareness Month" and issued a proclamation that said, "government and community organizations have a vested interest in protecting and promoting breastfeeding as a means of preventing infant malnutrition, morbidity, and mortality."
Michelle Obama:

Breastfeeding is one of the most effective preventive measures mothers can take to protect their children's and their own health. Breastfeeding helps reduce children's risk of acute and chronic diseases like ear infections, asthma, obesity, and type 2 diabetes, rare but serious diseases like childhood leukemia, and even sudden infant death syndrome, thanks to antibodies, cells, and immunologic components uniquely available in mothers' milk. Breastfeeding also protects nursing mothers against diseases like type 2 diabetes and breast and ovarian cancers.
Governor Palin, circa 2007:

WHEREAS, throughout their lives, breastfeeding can offer children protection against serious health conditions, including obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Breastfeeding also saves lives by reducing the incidence of life-threatening cancers in women and preventing premature death in infants.
[...]
WHEREAS, government and community organizations have a vested interest in protecting and promoting breastfeeding as a means of preventing infant malnutrition, morbidity, and mortality.

Sarah Palin breast feeding advocate, until Black First Lady advocates the same - Kick! Making Politics Funny - A liberal dose of political comedy

Late Returns: Palin Reverses Support Of Breastfeeding After She Finds Out That A Democrat Also Supports It

WASHINGTON -- Sarah Palin went rogue on Woodbury, Long Island today, where -- at an event hosted by the Long Island Association -- she "flirted openly with running for president." While she was there, Palin took a moment to ridicule First Lady Michelle Obama's recent push to promote breastfeeding.

As it turns out, it's a flip-flop! Per Sarah Pavlus at MediaMatters' County Fair blog:

The perceived dig is quite a turnaround from the position Palin had as governor of Alaska, when she declared October 2007 "Breastfeeding Awareness Month" and issued a proclamation that said, "government and community organizations have a vested interest in protecting and promoting breastfeeding as a means of preventing infant malnutrition, morbidity, and mortality."
Michelle Obama:

Breastfeeding is one of the most effective preventive measures mothers can take to protect their children's and their own health. Breastfeeding helps reduce children's risk of acute and chronic diseases like ear infections, asthma, obesity, and type 2 diabetes, rare but serious diseases like childhood leukemia, and even sudden infant death syndrome, thanks to antibodies, cells, and immunologic components uniquely available in mothers' milk. Breastfeeding also protects nursing mothers against diseases like type 2 diabetes and breast and ovarian cancers.
Governor Palin, circa 2007:

WHEREAS, throughout their lives, breastfeeding can offer children protection against serious health conditions, including obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Breastfeeding also saves lives by reducing the incidence of life-threatening cancers in women and preventing premature death in infants.
[...]
WHEREAS, government and community organizations have a vested interest in protecting and promoting breastfeeding as a means of preventing infant malnutrition, morbidity, and mortality.
thats not a flip flop idiot

Forum List

Back