Breaking: Trump announces new tariffs on all goods coming from Mexico until immigration is solved!

"On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied, at which time the Tariffs will be removed. Details from the White House to follow"

Donald J. Trump on Twitter
Trump announces tariffs on Mexico over immigration
Van Halen was hot for teacher, I'm hot for Trump!

It is as if he is doing everything in his power to crash the economy before the next election
the economy is booming thanks to trump and no thanks to parasites on the left!

Fact: trump is riding Obama’s wave .
Funny shit bruh. A few months back the stock market dived and you asshats couldn't wait to proclaim it "Trumps economy"

You're all so damn shallow it defies logic.

Not t
Nope. Election night and the dip a year ago Trump was blamed. No Mulligans.
Not the markets, they are a terrible indicator of the national economy, but the economy in general. It was in great shape when tRump took over. The best you can say is that tRump hasn't totally screwed it up yet.

Part of it is corporate confidence that the administration is business friendly as then they will spend more on CAPEX and such

Tariffs are not business friendly

Eh, it depends
Ah, DBA, When China retaliates, we not only pay more for Chinese goods, we sell, and produce less ourselves, which costs us jobs. Econ 101 wasn't required at your college?

Duh, which is exactly why Trump imposed the tariffs in the first place. We are in a much better position to "weather the storm" thanks to our very strong economy and the fact that China imports many more goods into the US than we export to China. If production pipelines are moved from China to other countries(which is already happening) China will be devastated in the long run. China doesn't have the production pipelines in the US to move. The point I was making was that China imposed tariffs in response because that negatively affects our economy. The point being, tariffs do hurt the country who produces goods to which they wish to import. You guys are simpletons and if they taught you that crap in your Econ 101, then you need to apply for tuition reimbursement.

Yep. Just as I thought they did NOT require Econ 101 at your college.

Translation...you have no idea what you are talking about.

China set to control rare earth supply for years due to processing dominance

Just another reason for de-regulation in the US. We have all the resources we need, but leftist routinely regulate us out of the market.

I am sure that you just forgot to post a link where overregulation of rare earth products are caused by democrats. Perhaps you are referring to Harry Reed, who was the biggest supporter of mining in Congress, due to his representing a state whose largest industry was mining.

"On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied, at which time the Tariffs will be removed. Details from the White House to follow"

It is as if he is doing everything in his power to crash the economy before the next election

Fact: Onegro didn’t do shit....the “wave” was created with $10T in taxpayer cash...My teen daughter could have created the same “wave” with that kind of dough.

your god in the White House is spending just as much as Obama did, and adding just as much debt as Obama did.

If only the US consumer did not pay the tariffs...dumbfuck

Hm, is there any need for namecalling? See previous post.

You don't give a damn about how Americans are affected by tariffs, you seem to be more concerned about how the illegal immigrants will feel when we actually take measures to enforce our immigration laws.

Dumbfuck? Really? Look in the mirror.

Look dumbfuck, I do not support illegal immigration. I am the guy that for the last 2 plus years on this forum has said we need to pull at least half our troops out of Europe and put them on our own border to defend this nation for a change.

What I care about is how I am affected by tariffs, do try and keep up

Tariffs are the best kind of taxes. You can actually avoid them by simply buying American. Something you should try once in a while anyway.

are you really this stupid? American companies raise their prices as the tariffs go up to make more profit. Retailers spread the cost out over every item instead of just raising it on specific ones.

I buy the best combination of quality and price. If that is American, then I buy it...if not then I do not. I am not going to overpay for some shit just because it was made by Americans. Capitalism knows no borders.

Did I say that the prices wouldn't increase? That's kind of happens with taxes... maybe you thought they were magic.

Trump just invented the best tax, a free wall might await on the other side of it.

I remember when people that pretended to be conservatives did not like taxes going up. Those were the good old days

You don't give a damn about how Americans are affected by tariffs, you seem to be more concerned about how the illegal immigrants will feel when we actually take measures to enforce our immigration laws.

Look dumbfuck, I do not support illegal immigration. I am the guy that for the last 2 plus years on this forum has said we need to pull at least half our troops out of Europe and put them on our own border to defend this nation for a change.

Tariffs are the best kind of taxes. You can actually avoid them by simply buying American. Something you should try once in a while anyway.

are you really this stupid? American companies raise their prices as the tariffs go up to make more profit. Retailers spread the cost out over every item instead of just raising it on specific ones.

I buy the best combination of quality and price. If that is American, then I buy it...if not then I do not. I am not going to overpay for some shit just because it was made by Americans. Capitalism knows no borders.

Did I say that the prices wouldn't increase? That's kind of happens with taxes... maybe you thought they were magic.

Trump just invented the best tax, a free wall might await on the other side of it.

I remember when people that pretended to be conservatives did not like taxes going up. Those were the good old days

When men were men and women were women...

It would not be so blatantly stupid of Trump, if he really though that a 5% tariff on China would help our industry. But, it isn't even about our industry. It is "punishment on the Mexicans" over immigration, and America is going to pay the financial penalty every time they buy groceries, or products made in Mexico, including auto transmissions, and alternators that was installed in new American cars.
------------------------------ as already noted in post post number 86 , stop buying from your people in 'mexico' VS !!

And THAT my friends, is how you make Mexico pay for the wall.

Game, set, match.

If only the US consumer did not pay the tariffs...dumbfuck

So pay more. Be a patriot .. deregulate more

Fact: Onegro didn’t do shit....the “wave” was created with $10T in taxpayer cash...My teen daughter could have created the same “wave” with that kind of dough.

your god in the White House is spending just as much as Obama did, and adding just as much debt as Obama did.

Trump has added $10T?
Doubled the debt?

The troops in Europe are there to defend Europe...why not let them defend this nation instead?

Fucking bite me, pussies like you that have never done a fucking thing for the country but talk shit from behind your computers are a dime a dozen

Struck a nerve, have I? By paying a few cents more because of the tariffs on Mexico, I am doing far more for this country than you are willing to do.

When shit gets real, people like you run for the hills instead of trying to help this country become a better, more secure place.

Why send troops to the border when we can do to Mexico what we did to Soviet Russia in the 1980's? Remember how that worked? We used our superior economic power to cause their eventual collapse. Mexico knows better than to anger a key, economically superior trading partner.

But go ahead. Run away and hide. Take your money and your false pride with you.

Make them pay for their negligence if not outright assistance
Very effective so libs will wail at the sky.

Why can’t democrats just get off there ass and fix immigration..

Each illegal costs $1,000 per day for housing, jailing, medicine, and other illegal and on the dole and run stuff, so it’s a bargain.

stop eating 'mex' produce i guess . It'll be just like i grew up in 1960 as i asked , what is an avocado Hutch .

Walls come in many flavours. Tariffs are just one of the many. Border closings and import bans are just two of the many others......

You think that putting a 5% tariff on Mexican goods, which will absolutely cause Mexico to retaliate, is not going to be paid by you? I have some AZ beach front property for sale at a very reasonable price. Special low price this week, just for you!

Forum List

Back