BREAKING: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) announces he will not run again...

I applauded what he said in his speech. I thought he might be a decent congressman.

Then he voted to help the banks and screw the people. JUst another politician who has been bought and paid for.

Flake, like all politicians, talks out of both sides of his mouth.

However, he is right that Trump is a disaster.

I applauded what he said in his speech. I thought he might be a decent congressman.

Then he voted to help the banks and screw the people. JUst another politician who has been bought and paid for.

I often wondered if television and immediate gratification are the culprits behind our political decline.
In a world where you can feel hungry, drive up to a box and they will stick a bag of food out the window ... Perhaps our expectations have become a little warped.
We have become satisfied with less as long as it addresses the immediate problem at hand.

Politics shouldn't be the same way ... Legislation shouldn't be treated as a drive-through response to problems.
Politicians shouldn't jump in front of a camera and peddle cheap, photoshopped versions of their proposals ... That no more resemble the entirety of their content than that burger in the bag looks like the picture in the ad.

The times we came from allowed politicians to pass legislation ... But they didn't get to talk to the people until they made it back home.
If the crap they did while they were gone ... Panned out to be crap ... By the time they got back, the people weren't that happy with them.
Not only were they not happy ... They weren't fooled by some notion the problem was fixed just because the politician had some good ads.

Need another reason to support Roy Moore in Bama?

Neither Flake nor Sasse nor McCain nor Corker will endorse him.

Guess they're too "principled."

“There's a war for the future of the GOP and the only person who seems to be fighting it is Steve Bannon. Its really dispiriting,” Tim Miller, a Never-Trumper who served as comms director for Jeb Bush’s 2016 campaign

"Note to Flake and Corker: Don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!" - Crazy Mike Huckabee

“There's a war for the future of the GOP and the only person who seems to be fighting it is Steve Bannon. Its really dispiriting,” Tim Miller, a Never-Trumper who served as comms director for Jeb Bush’s 2016 campaign

Steve Bannon is a racist and a fascist. I would vote for a Democrat over a Bannon backed candidate.

Steve Bannon is a racist and a fascist. I would vote for a Democrat over a Bannon backed candidate.
Any sane and decent American, I think, would do the same as you.

Well, then, don't go to Hemphill across the river. They are all nuts.

The river don't matter ... :thup:

I have a camp at the top of Toledo Bend outside of Stanley ... And noticed a different mail carrier last time I went out there.
When I asked about it at the diner ... I was informed the previous mail carrier was in jail after stabbing her husband (a sheriff's deputy) over an argument regarding a shopping trip and an unquestionably ugly purse.

:thup:

Love my East Texas and LouisianaontheSabine friends, but I have to admit: what a bunch of yo yos.

according to his bio, Flake was born in Snowflake Arizona.

how fitting. Snowflake Flake!

Parroting late night talk show hosts so you can become endeared by the Washington establishment doesn’t make you some kind of hero

It means that you think you know better than the people who elected you, and have become susceptible to self-promotion and flattery.

sorry Trump haters, but Snowflake Flake is no martyr who spoke truth to power and met defeat for doing so...the truth is: Snowflake Flake defeated himself!

Right now, on all 3 cable news channels, Sen. Jeff Flake is announcing that he will not run again for office.

Apparently, he's not happy about serving in a screwed up Congress under a president with no leadership qualities. And, he's not just talking about Trump, he's talking about the whole government, from the backbiting and fighting in Congress between the members all the way up to Trump and the way he's doing things.

He really doesn't sound happy about the way Congress and the government has divided itself.

Arizona's Jeff Flake announces he will not seek re-election to U.S. Senate

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

It also likely will upend the race for Flake's seat.

Flake, one of the Senate's more prominent critics of President Donald Trump, has been struggling in the polls.

He told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced "there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party."

'Here's the bottom line ...'
Flake said he has not "soured on the Senate" and loves the institution, but that as a traditional, libertarian-leaning conservative Republican he is out of step with today's Trump-dominated GOP.

"This spell will pass, but not by next year," Flake said.

Among Republican primary voters, there's overwhelming support for Trump's positions and "behavior," Flake said, and one of their top concerns is whether a candidate is with the president or against him. While Flake said he is with Trump on some issues, on other issues he is not. And Trump definitely views him as a foe, having denounced Flake publicly and called him "toxic" on Twitter.

"Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take," Flake told The Republic in a telephone interview. "It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone."

yeah can't say I care much for Flake... too flakey. They didn't get one of their establishment Republicans as president so Flake and all his establishment buddies are having a meltdown.

Forum List

Back