Breaking. Prop 8.... struck down.

I have no links yet.... but same sex marriage is a go in California again.

I dont get it, the people vote "No" each time, then a crooked judge strikes it down. That to me and anyone else who understands the constitution knows this is unconstitutional, California followed the constitution in having it placed on the ballot for a vote, the people spoke, and a judge rules against it. These judges need removed from the bench for constitutional violations. I do agree with Gingrich on that much.

It was expected the three judge panel are the three MOST liberal on the bench. Still one voted for Prop 8. The issue wll go to an en banc hearing next. Which is merely a formality. It was always going to end up in front of the Supreme Court.

Prop 8 will probably be struck down in its entirety eventually. It is part of the general trend toward degeneracy. If there was a reversal of direction now, that would be a surprise as the whole of the culture is moving on the path toward even more depravity.

Degeneracy... really?

How long was that nice hetro couple....what was her name.... Kim Kardashian....married?

So the 95% who are not homosexual got to vote on what rights could be extended to the 5% who are

It doesn't really matter because I'm not arguing whether or not gay marriage should be legal. I already said I have no problem with it.

My point is that there is no reason for people to participate in a voter referendum if in the end one party will sue to get the results they ultimately want.

Are you saying that anyone who sues because they didn't get what they want will win? Or does there have to be some constitutional merit to their suit?

Or maybe you are saying that Americans should not be allowed an appeals process?

If you're going to hold a referendum then either respect the result or don't have it in the first place. It's a waste of time and money and it turns people off to the democratic process.

I have no problem with gay marriage, but the people of California voted not to have it in their state. If judges are just going to overturn the will of the people then why vote at all?

I know what you mean. If the people vote in favor of Mexican-Americans being enslaved, what business does the Constitution have in getting in the way of that?

I dont get it, the people vote "No" each time, then a crooked judge strikes it down. That to me and anyone else who understands the constitution knows this is unconstitutional, California followed the constitution in having it placed on the ballot for a vote, the people spoke, and a judge rules against it. These judges need removed from the bench for constitutional violations. I do agree with Gingrich on that much.

The point is, "the people" do not have the right to vote to deny other peoples rights. The only discourse on "rights" is going to have to be in the court system.

Yes we did. Are you saying that if a group is a minority, they just have to suck it up if the majority votes away their civil rights?

Gay MARRIAGE is not a civil right and you cheapen the history of Civil Rights protests by claiming so.

It became a civil right when they voted to deny homosexuals the right to marry the person they love

So if Ralph , an adult, Loves Mary, his adult Sister, and she loves him, and they are denied the right to marry, IS THAT ALSO a Civil Right issue?

How about if John , an adult, loves Mary, Sybil and Rachael, all 3 adults and they love him, if they can not get married is that too a Civil Right?

Or do you ADMIT that the State has a compelling interest in defining what is marriage and who can legally do so?

It will all come down to can you vote on what rights others are allowed to have

Marriage is NOT in the constitution, therefore is up to the states "It is not listed in the california constitution either" so therefore it is left to the people. The people have spoken, and an activist judge overruled the people. Which is a violation of that judges oath, he/she should be removed from that bench and sent down the road.
How much does anyone want to bet that it was the gay judge that overruled it?

It will all come down to can you vote on what rights others are allowed to have

It will come down to "does the State have a compelling interest in legislating the activities of people in the bedroom" and the answer is yes. Unless you think Polygamy and Incest between consenting adults is ok.

It never fails. Someone invariably comes along and compares gayness to polygamy, incest, and/or bestiality.

Logic fail.

thats the horrid majority taking it to the minority rescue team in action again.....:clap2:

of course when the gov. tells religious orgs who they have to treat thats an entirely different thing becasue, well, thats "good":rolleyes:....as usual, rights for some, are more important than the rights of others......see how that works?

:lol:

Last edited:
394158_353736454638250_216446038367293_1440037_1136993204_n.jpg

Someone once defined democracy as...

Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for supper

It was expected the three judge panel are the three MOST liberal on the bench. Still one voted for Prop 8. The issue wll go to an en banc hearing next. Which is merely a formality. It was always going to end up in front of the Supreme Court.

Prop 8 will probably be struck down in its entirety eventually. It is part of the general trend toward degeneracy. If there was a reversal of direction now, that would be a surprise as the whole of the culture is moving on the path toward even more depravity.

Degeneracy... really?

How long was that nice hetro couple....what was her name.... Kim Kardashian....married?

Really.

If you are looking at me to say that Kim Kardashian's marriage wasn't a sham and a travesty you are looking in the wrong place. But then again, I did say that the whole culture was on a path to depravity A culture that normalizes same sex marriage should be expected to normalize Kardashian type marriages too.

Yes we did. Are you saying that if a group is a minority, they just have to suck it up if the majority votes away their civil rights?

Gay MARRIAGE is not a civil right and you cheapen the history of Civil Rights protests by claiming so.

Marriage itself is a fundamental right that has been reenforced by more than one SCOTUS decision.

No one is arguing to deny marriage as it is DEFINED. The argument is who gets to define it? And I would suggest the 10th Amendment answers that question.

I have no problem with gay marriage, but the people of California voted not to have it in their state. If judges are just going to overturn the will of the people then why vote at all?

Basically, people who are not homosexual and who squirm at the very idea of homosexual sex got to vote on what rights should be extended to homosexuals

Yep, and until they get a majority in california to vote for gay marriage it should not be implemented at all. We live by rule of law, regardless of who's feelings it hurts. If you are going to bypass this particular case when it comes to the constitution what wont you bypass to get something else rammed through?
It's funny how leftists are always gun grabbing and trying to pass laws making it even harder for people to buy guns and own them "when we actually DO have a right to keep and bear arms" but when it comes to gay marriage "Which is not in the constitution" god forbid!

I know what you mean. These homos are going to ruin a good thing where one man marries one woman, and takes out a mistress. And then that same man divorces the woman and marries another woman, and then cheats on her, too. And the kids get all confused and shuttled back and forth and fought over and have to listen to mom talk nasty about their dad and their dad talk nasty about their mom.

Gays are going to fuck that all up!

Let's just legalize gay marriage and move on to other issues, its time. I used to think gay marriage was icky back in high school but now as a 30 year old man I could care less, if you think gays getting married is disgusting fine nobody is forcing you to participate in a gay wedding, just let these folks do what they want so we can focus on more important issues.

Forum List

Back