BREAKING: Palestinian groups declare ‘day of rage’ ahead of Trump visit in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't Arab Palestinians stage a day of peace where as many Jews as want to visit the Temple Mount can?

Palestinians are not the problem, Jewish Law is.
"After Israel captured the site 1967, the Chief Rabbinate of Israel announced that entering the Temple Mount was forbidden to Jews, in accordance with a halakhic prohibition against temei ha'met (Impurity by contacting the dead, cemeteries etc.). The ancient ban on Jews, other than a high priest, entering the zone of the Holy of Holies was confirmed, with the consideration also that, since the exact location of the Second Temple was unknown, any Jew walking through the site would be at grave risk of inadvertently treading on the ground of the Holy of Holies in error." Temple Mount entry restrictions - Wikipedia
Excuse me. I believe that Shusha is referring to the multiple statements by Abbas and other Palestinian/Muslim/Arab leaders about the Jewish "filthy feet' up on the mount; such statements used to incite much hate and discontent by Muslims towards Jews, and the fact that no one but a Muslum can pray on the mount.

But I do find it interesting that you would link to wiki, since most of the electronic intifada brigade considers that only Jews can post to, create, and/or edit wiki.

Will they ask Palestinian permission or gain their agreement first, or will they just turn up en-masse accompanied by riot police and IDF thugs?

Interesting how much you contradict yourself in these two posts. How you figure? As for the above, the only time (Israeli) riot police show up on the Temple Mount is when a riot starts. That usually only happens when it is perceived by the Muslums that one too many Jews are up there.

"...Among these was a directive prohibiting an Israeli flag to be raised over the site, and the decision to refrain from extending a number of Israeli laws, including that governing Holy Places, to the Haram ash-Sharif, and the assignment of administrative authority to the Islamic waqf.[7]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount_entry_restrictions#cite_note-Amirav-7

With this above, you admit the truth. The Temple Mount is totally under the authority of the Islamic waqf.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount_entry_restrictions#cite_note-Amirav-7
Erm....it would be polite and good manners to ask the owners/adminitrators first. If I had a "holy shrine" in my back garden and suddenly a whole bunch of cultists turned up to pray there without asking first, I'd get upset, and so would most people in the same predicament. Your "freedom to worship" does not override my "freedom" to enjoy the use of my property.

And here, your flip-flopping contradiction is complete. Who's "holy shrine" is it really? Was it Abram's back around 2,000 BCE? David's back around 1000 BCE and then the First Temple built by Solomon? The Second Temple around 400 BCE to 70 CE? Or are we denying these things and it has only become a "holy shrine" almost a hundred years after the birth of Islam around 700 CE?

No matter. Has anyone who posts here actually been up on the Temple Mount? I know some have, but my point is I have. When I was on the mount in 2015, there were only Muslums up there and they keep a close eye on ALL non-Muslums to make sure they are not trying to pray there.

However, enough of this deflection. This thread has run it's course. The 'Day of Rage' was predicted my both Israeli and Palestinian sources, but I have not seen anyone post anything about whether it actually happened or not. There were some reports that there may have been some protests in Bethlehem while Trump met Abbas there, but those were claimed to be in support of the hunger strike (that ended) and not because of Trump's visit as this thread's OP had originally stated. So I'm going to ask it closed since it is already going the way of every other thread here: NOWHERE near the OP.

/end thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back