BREAKING: Obama will veto Boehner's plan!

You go Barack, it's good to see people who make real positive change for all of America stick to their guns, the Founders, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, and LBJ will be proud.

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

my god, I haven't been on this site in months and the first thing I see is a post that makes me want to vomit.

Don't worry, there will plenty more from this person.

Boner's bill will never get to through the House. The baggers refuse to rasie the debt ceilin.

One term Baggers!

I gotta say -- Obama's growing a set here. He's showing actual LEADERSHIP on domestic issues. After getting bin laden and going to war with Libya, I wasn't sure he was going to show leadership on domestic issues.

Glad he is.

No stable demand in the economy, no stable pricing, no job recovery, and you're celebrating that NOW he's growing nuttsacks? :cuckoo:

No, I'm saying he's growing balls - he already had the sack. At least that's what your dad told me.

And there is plenty of demand for products in the economy, I'm not sure what you mean by stable pricing (???) and yes, the job recovery has been slow. I don't know if that's his fault or what he could to do create more jobs, because what he's done so far hasn't worked.

I gotta say -- Obama's growing a set here. He's showing actual LEADERSHIP on domestic issues. After getting bin laden and going to war with Libya, I wasn't sure he was going to show leadership on domestic issues.

Glad he is.

leadership?

Holding senior citizens hostage with the threat of social security checks not being sent out and saying the military may not get paid is showing leadership?

Not lying to the American people about what could happen if the US goes into default and telling them the truth is a quality of leadership, yes.

Glad he is.

leadership?

Holding senior citizens hostage with the threat of social security checks not being sent out and saying the military may not get paid is showing leadership?

Not lying to the American people about what could happen if the US goes into default and telling them the truth is a quality of leadership, yes.

Democrats said that SS is safe intrust.

How is that not lying? Since checks wont go out or may not go out.

I am personally almost to the FK IT point. Let the 'debt ceiling' fall. Start the hell over!
Ctrl-Alt-Del

And before anyone posts "Do you know what will happen to our Country if the debt ceiling isn't raised?" Some, but not all, neither do any of the boys in DC!

Someone needs to put on their big boy pants and take the hit. I'm not referring to Boehner.
This Great Country of ours is $14 TRILLION in debt. Folks that is 12 zeros after the number 14!
I don't give a rats butt WHO is blamed for the debt. That argument could go on for years here!

The CIC is NOW in control of this debt and must solve it NOW.
What solution, besides taxing the people more, has the CIC given?

MeBelle60 goes screaming into the forest............................ ;)
And before anyone may ask: Naked

When you become a business owner, you go tell someone to take it on the chin.

Boner's bill will never get to through the House. The baggers refuse to rasie the debt ceilin.

One term Baggers!

If the Tea Party will not raise the debt ceiling at all, Boehner will have to rely on the Democrats and the only way he's going to get them on board is a long term deal with revenues.

In other words, come this time next week, the United States of America will be in default.

One term Baggers!

Are you an ADULT? my gawd, your language is something to Behold.
And the people will PUT THE BLAME Squarely where it SHOULD BE. on the Obama and the Democrats.

The Republicans were sent there in NOVEMBER to stop this idiot. And they are doing EXACTLY what the people want. so you all can dream. but the polls are showing they ARE BEHIND THE REPUBLICANS in this matter.

One term Baggers!

Are you an ADULT? my gawd, your language is something to Behold.
And the people will PUT THE BLAME Squarely where it SHOULD BE. on the Obama and the Democrats.

The Republicans were sent there in NOVEMBER to stop this idiot. And they are doing EXACTLY what the people want. so you all can dream. but the polls are showing they ARE BEHIND THE REPUBLICANS in this matter.

Unfortunately, the people are idiots and if they're not careful, they will destroy this country.

breaking news? Really? Was there ever any doubt Obama would VETO any GOP plan? Please stop falling for the "great compromiser" horse shit they are selling.

Obama's Idea of Compromise is smiling as he gets everything he wants, or nothing at all.

Please find a link to any poll that blames anyone but the GOP and their slightly retarded brothers, the Tea Baggers. I dare you. All the Polls show the GOP may be a thing of the past of their push the US into default.

But you keep telling yourself it is the Democrats that will be blamed. 68% of voters say compromise and reach a deal with both tax cuts and increases needed to bring the deficits down. You are delusional. The Baggers have refused to move and they will pay in November 2012. Can you say,
"One Term baggers?"

Please find a link to any poll that blames anyone but the GOP and their slightly retarded brothers, the Tea Baggers. I dare you. All the Polls show the GOP may be a thing of the past of their push the US into default.

But you keep telling yourself it is the Democrats that will be blamed. 68% of voters say compromise and reach a deal with both tax cuts and increases needed to bring the deficits down. You are delusional. The Baggers have refused to move and they will pay in November 2012. Can you say,
"One Term baggers?"

62 TO 66 PERCENT DEPENDING ON THE POLL DO NOT WANT THE DEBT CEILING INCREASED.

Aprox that same number blame Obama for things getting worse.

Just to provide some more perspective. Start with CNN in your disbelief.

Glad he is.

He wouldn't know leadership if it bit him in the ass.

Hello Willow. Good to see you've changed.

I still remember election night 2008. You said he wasn't YOUR President.

:)

Debt Ceiling Talks Collapse (LATEST UPDATES)

Obama has just made himself electable.
The United States federal government shutdown of 1995 and 1996

..... In response to Clinton's unwillingness to make the budget cuts that the Republicans wanted, Newt Gingrich threatened to refuse to raise the debt limit, which would have caused the US Treasury to suspend funding other portions of the Government to avoid putting the country in default.

Since a budget for the new fiscal year had not been approved, on October 1 the entire federal government operated on a continuing resolution authorizing interim funding for departments until new budgets were approved. The existing continuing resolution was set to expire on November 13 at midnight, at which time non-essential government services would be required to cease operations in order to prevent the country from defaulting on its debt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_1995_and_1996
The last time the Republicans refused to raise the debt ceiling, the result was that non-essential federal government services were suspended from November 14 through November 19, 1995 and from December 16, 1995 to January 6, 1996.

When Clinton's successor, the Bush Administration, ran up a succession of massive federal deficits from 2000-2008, there were no similar response by the Republican majorities in both the House and the Senate (2000-2006) to impose debt ceilings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back