Breaking: Obama To Address Nation Tonight. Will Bypass Congress & Invoke 14th Amendmt

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Watching the news right now. Boehner just laid out a plan about 40 minutes ago. Now Obama has decided before the nation tonight at 9 eastern (8 Central time) and aids are saying he will go ahead and bypass congress and invoke the 14th amendment which experts say will increase the crisis because the Constitution states that he can't do it without the lawful approval of Congress. Does this mean that SS checks will not go out for seniors and veterans? We will find out I guess. The word is that he can be impeached if he allows us to default. The sign that hints to Obama stating he will invoke the 14th Amendment was this in his La Raza speech earlier today which is in this link.

Obama: I'd Like 'to Bypass Congress and Change the Rules on My Own' - George E. Condon Jr. - NationalJournal.com

President Obama let his frustration over the stalled debt talks seep into an address on Latino issues on Monday, confessing that he’d like to “bypass Congress and change the laws on my own.”

What does sound like he wants to be? That's right, a dictator. I guess we will find out tonight.

Last edited:
Never let a good crisis go to waste i guess. It's the Saul Alinsky 'Rules for Radicals' Community Organizer way. Maybe Impeachment proceedings aren't so far-fetched after all?

Good. This whole "crisis" is a blatant, disengenuous attempt to hold the country hostage to stupid ideology and electioneering...

Ideology, truly believed in is NEVER stupid.... Show me what a man is willing to KILL and DIE for, and I'll show you what he believes in. Show me what he will compromise on and I'll show you what he never cared a whit about.

I am sure that NSA is busily running all of your handles and threats against the president and country as we type here.

Let's see what happens. If USAR is wrong, as I know he is, he is guilty of fomenting treason.

The Senate will never Impeach but this would be a direct violation of the Constitution. The Democrats will stand behind him and VIOLATE the law of the land.

If he does as claimed two things should happen instantly. One the House should vote to Impeach him and let the Senate go on record as supporting the violation of the Constitution. Two the House Speaker should go to the closest Federal Court and file a law suit AGAINST Obama. He should demand that since it is in direct violation of the Constitution that the Supreme Court should be involved.

I am sure that NSA is busily running all of your handles and threats against the president and country as we type here.

Let's see what happens. If USAR is wrong, as I know he is, he is guilty of fomenting treason.

did you listen and watch the video? just wondering.

Watching the news right now. Boehner just laid out a plan about 40 minutes ago. Now Obama has decided before the nation tonight at 9 eastern (8 Central time) and aids are saying he will go ahead and bypass congress and invoke the 14th amendment which experts say will increase the crisis because the Constitution states that he can't do it without the lawful approval of Congress. Does this mean that SS checks will not go out for seniors and veterans? We will find out I guess. The word is that he can be impeached if he allows us to default. The sign that hints to Obama stating he will invoke the 14th Amendment was this in his La Raza speech earlier today which is in this link.

Obama: I'd Like 'to Bypass Congress and Change the Rules on My Own' - George E. Condon Jr. - NationalJournal.com

President Obama let his frustration over the stalled debt talks seep into an address on Latino issues on Monday, confessing that he’d like to “bypass Congress and change the laws on my own.”

What does sound like he wants to be? That's right, a dictator. I guess we will find out tonight.

There's a new sheriff (decider) in town.

Bring it on. Any time and anywhere. Better to be a dead Patriot, than a live slave which is what we're headed towards in this country.

why don't you stfu? it is NEVER right to threaten.. it's so damn indecent and it makes you willfully stupid. If you don't like the country or feel you can't change it politically then move your ass out.

It's really sad how things turn out sometimes. All the fanatical Hopey Changey followers used to call George Bush a "Dictator." Well guess what? Bush wasn't even close. This current President behaves more & more like a maniacal Dictator everyday. It really is very sad.

It's really sad how things turn out sometimes. All the fanatical Hopey Changey followers used to call George Bush a "Dictator." Well guess what? Bush wasn't even close. This current President behaves more & more like a maniacal Dictator everyday. It really is very sad.

did you watch and listen to the video?

The Senate will never Impeach but this would be a direct violation of the Constitution. The Democrats will stand behind him and VIOLATE the law of the land.

If he does as claimed two things should happen instantly. One the House should vote to Impeach him and let the Senate go on record as supporting the violation of the Constitution. Two the House Speaker should go to the closest Federal Court and file a law suit AGAINST Obama. He should demand that since it is in direct violation of the Constitution that the Supreme Court should be involved.

Um..Reagan and Bush directly violated the Constitution. You guys had no problem with it. None.

Invoking the 14 Amendment would not be a violation.

And I am pretty sure that's not what's going to happen tonight.

Bring it on. Any time and anywhere. Better to be a dead Patriot, than a live slave which is what we're headed towards in this country.

why don't you stfu? it is NEVER right to threaten.. it's so damn indecent and it makes you willfully stupid. If you don't like the country or feel you can't change it politically then move your ass out.

If Obama does what is claimed and it stands we can forget about a three tiered Government and a Republic. The Constitution will be useless. If the Democrats support this they are fomenting rebellion. If the House Impeaches and the Senate does not convict our Government is a shame.

Forum List

Back