Breaking: Obama Admin Plans To Ban Biker Gangs From Wearing Logos (What About Christian Biker Logos?

I'm a bit conflicted about this.

On one hand, I want these domestic terrorist scum out of the lives of actual human beings.

But, they do have the right to play their little sheeple games where they all dress up alike.

Like all these nutter groups, sure would be nice if we could get them to shoot at each other, harvest each other and leave the human population alone.

But hey, they've got to have someone cut their welfare checks, right?

If we could only get em to kill each other exclusively we'd be in business. That goes for inner city gang bangers and drug dealing biker gangs.

Add the gun nutters, hunters, nazi wannabe sheeples and every damn one of the important trailer trash welfare queens like Steve_McGarrett ShootSpeeders, Matthew

The world would be a better place if they'd all "harvest" each other.

Nah..those people are no threat to civilized society.
It's the people who actually go out and kill,rob and sell drugs that we have to worry about.

Oh, plenty of nazi and skinhead groups sell drugs.

Yeah? So what point are you trying to make exactly?

That nazis and skin heads have a long history selling drugs.

It'll start with one group and trickle to the other groups and so-on and so-on. This is an attack on our Freedom of Expression. I mean not even the Ku Klux Klans logo has never been banned.

Feds go after biker gang members by claiming the rights to their logos Daily Mail Online

Feds Plan To Ban Biker Gangs From Wearing Logos
What about gangs and their colors? We've been dealing with gang colors for decades. The crips and the bloods. Red and blue?

Exactly how would one be able to enforce that? You going to ban an entire color spectrum per neighborhood?

It'll start with one group and trickle to the other groups and so-on and so-on. This is an attack on our Freedom of Expression. I mean not even the Ku Klux Klans logo has never been banned.

Feds go after biker gang members by claiming the rights to their logos Daily Mail Online

Feds Plan To Ban Biker Gangs From Wearing Logos
What about gangs and their colors? We've been dealing with gang colors for decades. The crips and the bloods. Red and blue?

Exactly how would one be able to enforce that? You going to ban an entire color spectrum per neighborhood?
It is easily enforced. The problem is that we are not a gestapo and I, for one, would like to keep it that way.

With the benefit of the doubt that this is real:

Not only is this blatantly against the constitution, it is asinine. No gang is going to stop wearing colors/symbol or anything else they have been using to represent the gang because the government makes it illegal. They will just change the symbol...

The DOJ claims legal precedent for seizing an existing copyright. They just haven't cited it. If the government decides to start seizing logos that have been copyrighted where is that one going to end?

The DOJ claims legal precedent for seizing an existing copyright. They just haven't cited it. If the government decides to start seizing logos that have been copyrighted where is that one going to end?
That is what I thought at first but it does not seem to be the case.
I think that they are talking about making it outright illegal - that is NOT a seizure of copyright. That would make it illegal to SELL. Making it completely illegal is far beyond that and utterly anti-freedom.

That is what I thought at first but it does not seem to be the case.
I think that they are talking about making it outright illegal - that is NOT a seizure of copyright. That would make it illegal to SELL. Making it completely illegal is far beyond that and utterly anti-freedom.
No. It would be illegal to use for any purpose.

I recall a very interesting case of a man named Avery Dennison who was sued by the Avery Dennison company for copyright infringement every time he signed his name. He had to stop using Avery Dennison even though it was his name.

None of the obastard's proposals in this regard make any sense. The government can't legally seize a copyright. What's next? obama doesn't like The Washington Redskins, can he seize their logo? Any other logos he just doesn't like?

Forum List

Back