Breaking news: Tiger Woods' season over

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
ESPN is currently reporting that Tiger Woods will undergo season ending knee surgery.

btw: In case you missed it, his performance at the Open was as impressive and legendary as anything you'll ever witness, in any sport, in any era, ever.

ESPN is currently reporting that Tiger Woods will undergo season ending knee surgery.

btw: In case you missed it, his performance at the Open was as impressive and legendary as anything you'll ever witness, in any sport, in any era, ever.

I watched part of it. He made a good comeback, I guess. Not much of a golf fan. What did he do to his knee this time?

I watched part of it. He made a good comeback, I guess. Not much of a golf fan. What did he do to his knee this time?
Torn ACL and micro fractures in his left leg. He played the US Open against his doctor's advice. During and after play he made zero excuses. He explained bad shots by saying he made bad swings. He did not say, as he could have, that he had a ruptured ACL and two micro fractures in his tibia. He blew out the ACL while on a training run after last year's British Open. He has won 9 of 10 tournaments since then. Amazing. The stress fractures occurred as he was rehabbing from recent knee surgery. Last Saturday's two eagles and a bird, in the final six holes of the day to take a one shot lead going into the last round, was electrifying. Golf fans were stunned at how he just seems to bend the universe when he needs to. Then on Sunday he made a nerve wracking 12 foot putt on the final hole to force an 18 hole Monday play-off. Going into the last hole on Monday he was down by a shot and succeeded in forcing a sudden death 91st hole. He parred and defeated Rocco for his 3rd US Open crown and his 14th major tournament victory overall. Now, at 32, he is only 4 major tournament titles behind Jack Nicklaus. He is 3 years ahead of Jack's pace and will probably eclipse him as the greatest player ever. Tiger has been identified as one of the most recognizable people on Earth, and last year he earned about $125 million. No one has a clue regarding his political opinions. He is a wonderful entertainer, an American treasure.

Torn ACL and micro fractures in his left leg. He played the US Open against his doctor's advice. During and after play he made zero excuses. He explained bad shots by saying he made bad swings. He did not say, as he could have, that he had a ruptured ACL and two micro fractures in his tibia. He blew out the ACL while on a training run after last year's British Open. He has won 9 of 10 tournaments since then. Amazing. The stress fractures occurred as he was rehabbing from recent knee surgery. Last Saturday's two eagles and a bird, in the final six holes of the day to take a one shot lead going into the last round, was electrifying. Golf fans were stunned at how he just seems to bend the universe when he needs to. Then on Sunday he made a nerve wracking 12 foot putt on the final hole to force an 18 hole Monday play-off. Going into the last hole on Monday he was down by a shot and succeeded in forcing a sudden death 91st hole. He parred and defeated Rocco for his 3rd US Open crown and his 14th major tournament victory overall. Now, at 32, he is only 4 major tournament titles behind Jack Nicklaus. He is 3 years ahead of Jack's pace and will probably eclipse him as the greatest player ever. Tiger has been identified as one of the most recognizable people on Earth, and last year he earned about $125 million. No one has a clue regarding his political opinions. He is a wonderful entertainer, an American treasure.

I saw a lot of the play on Monday. The guy I work with is a golf freak. Tiger in fact, did not make any excuses. I saw it for like 6,7,and 8, then 15-18. He pulled 18 out going in a stroke down. His tee off was probably the best one I'd seen all day on that hole, and probably Rocco's worst.

The Gods favor Tiger Woods.

I knew his knee was messed up but I was under the impression he had already undergone knee surgery. But then, as I said, I don't follow golf.

I saw a lot of the play on Monday. The guy I work with is a golf freak. Tiger in fact, did not make any excuses. I saw it for like 6,7,and 8, then 15-18. He pulled 18 out going in a stroke down. His tee off was probably the best one I'd seen all day on that hole, and probably Rocco's worst.

The Gods favor Tiger Woods.

I knew his knee was messed up but I was under the impression he had already undergone knee surgery. But then, as I said, I don't follow golf.
Well, you are right about recent left knee arthroscopic surgery. But it was minor and occurred about two months ago. During rehab from that is when he developed the micro-fractures in his left tibia. Anyway, the surgery two months ago was not meant to fix the ACL. The doctors did not want him to play the US Open. Retief Goosen, two time US Open Champion from South Africa, accused Tiger of faking the grimaces, etc. Wonder what he thinks now that Woods cannot play for more than six months? Tiger is a gifted athlete who loves hard work, wants to win more than anyone else, and never gives up. But there seems to be something more... the gods... those 65ft eagle putts under pressure...

Well, you are right about recent left knee arthroscopic surgery. But it was minor and occurred about two months ago. During rehab from that is when he developed the micro-fractures in his left tibia. Anyway, the surgery two months ago was not meant to fix the ACL. The doctors did not want him to play the US Open. Retief Goosen, two time US Open Champion from South Africa, accused Tiger of faking the grimaces, etc. Wonder what he thinks now that Woods cannot play for more than six months? Tiger is a gifted athlete who loves hard work, wants to win more than anyone else, and never gives up. But there seems to be something more... the gods... those 65ft eagle putts under pressure...

I didn't know there were trash talkers in golf too. They all seem so nerdy and polite.:lol:

What is impressive or legendary about beating a geriatric qualifier that has never won anything of consequence? Tiger woods should be ashamed of even playing in an era with such weak competition.

Forum List

Back