Breaking News: Supreme Court Has Chosen Not To Hear Any Of The 7 Marriage Equality Cases.

Bigot - a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp. on religion, politics,or race. Considering your intolerant insistence on your opinion of homosexuals in spite of studies to the contrary, with which part of of that description do you take issue?
Where's your "tolerance" of me and my views asshole?
You can have whatever views you want. No one is telling you you don't get to be a bigot; only that you don't get to force everyone else to behave according to your bigoted views.
Where's your consideration of the book and studies questioning the bias of numerous studies?
You mean, the book whose name you can't even remember, let alone whether you are citing it accurately? You mean That book? I think the fact that you can't even cite the source says everything about how much consideration your "source" deserves.
Tell you what. when you can actually give us an actual source, I'll be happy to go see what it has to say.
Ive linked the book before, but here it is again.
Wrong Why experts keep failing us--and how to know when not to trust them Scientists finance wizards doctors relationship gurus celebrity CEOs ... consultants health officials and more David H. Freedman 9780316087919 Amazon.com Books

Just read a story today in Discover magazine how when a number of cancer cell lines for scientific study were found to be misidentified,the scientist who propagated them sent out 69 letters to other scientists to cease using them, only 2 replied. 10,000 citations a YEAR are using studies made from these faulty cell lines. Now this is in an area of study that is very fact orientated. Studies about how well kids do in gay-marriages I think by nature are less objective.
Okay. So, no study ever can be trusted is your contention? That's convenient, as that means that you can then ignore any empirical data that doesn't happen to fit with your personal world views.

Yeah...I think we're done...
His idea of equal protection is that it protects his right to screw people over.

wonderful news for individual rights

Dangerous Dolt,

Individual rights were just diminished. A small handful of unelected black robes, far removed from your best interests, just over-rided the will of the people in those states. Millions of people. And you rejoice? How ignorant!!!!

I live when ignorant rightwingnut bigots think they are insulting me. Cracks me up.

Yet, you ignore the point made. Ignore the facts. Hence, dangerous dolt.

there was no point made that required response. trying to teach bigots the error of their ways is like trying to teach a pig to talk.... it doesn't work and it annoys the pig

Finishing another sentence for you

.......is like teaching fools which gender to have sex with.
Interesting. As if you want government to dictate which gender we are "allowed" to have sex with.

Ah, but I do believe it does fit. Do you wish to deny the equal protections afforded civil marriage to gay couples? Yes you do. Hell, you'd even like to keep them from having and/or adopting children wouldn't you? All that points to bigot.
I dont believe it does. I think it just points to a concerned citizen wanting the best for his country.

But if it makes you feel better to call me names thats on you.

Yeah, those folks opposed to interracial marriage thought they were wanting what was best for the country too. They didn't think they were bigots either.

Homosexuality is not a race
Women are not a race either. Yet civil rights laws pertain to gender.

And all women can marry.

Your slipping
You want to dictate that all women can only marry men. As if you were afraid that given a choice, women wouldn't choose men?

Dangerous Dolt,

Individual rights were just diminished. A small handful of unelected black robes, far removed from your best interests, just over-rided the will of the people in those states. Millions of people. And you rejoice? How ignorant!!!!

I live when ignorant rightwingnut bigots think they are insulting me. Cracks me up.

there was no point made that required response. trying to teach bigots the error of their ways is like trying to teach a pig to talk.... it doesn't work and it annoys the pig

Interesting. As if you want government to dictate which gender we are "allowed" to have sex with.

I think he can't help himself from bonking men unless the government says he can't.

now watch them tell us they want "small government"... unless of course it's imposing their butt backward "morality" on others.

Gay marriage is in fact a threat. A threat to our morality and our society. We can't legalize same-sex marriage, we shouldn't !!! The first is that homosexual relationships are not marriage. That is, they simply do not fit the minimum necessary condition for a marriage to exist--namely, the union of a man and a woman.

I think he can't help himself from bonking men unless the government says he can't.

now watch them tell us they want "small government"... unless of course it's imposing their butt backward "morality" on others.
Ironically, many years ago, I was listening to a radio interview with the President of the CWA (Concerned Women of America)....she clearly stated that if Gay Marriage was legalized (this was about the time of Prop 22 here in CA) that there would be nothing to stop droves of women from divorcing their husbands to marry other women. I was, like, WTF! Does she really fear that the only think keeping women straight is keeping gay marriage illegal????? :rofl:

Gay marriage is in fact a threat. A threat to our morality and our society. We can't legalize same-sex marriage, we shouldn't !!! The first is that homosexual relationships are not marriage. That is, they simply do not fit the minimum necessary condition for a marriage to exist--namely, the union of a man and a woman.
Sorry, my friend, but my wife and I are already legally married.

your morality is your own business. and if you think discrimination and bigotry are the only things protecting you, then your "morality" has far greater problems than not abiding by the constitutional requirement of equal protection can ever face.

out of curiousity, did you whine the same way in the 70's when the court made you wingers stop trying to outlaw inter-racial marriage?

the arguments were the same then.... and people like you are still trying to interfere with things that are better left to your churches (though I doubt jesus would approve).

Wrong Why experts keep failing us--and how to know when not to trust them Scientists finance wizards doctors relationship gurus celebrity CEOs ... consultants health officials and more David H. Freedman 9780316087919 Amazon.com Books

Just read a story today in Discover magazine how when a number of cancer cell lines for scientific study were found to be misidentified,the scientist who propagated them sent out 69 letters to other scientists to cease using them, only 2 replied. 10,000 citations a YEAR are using studies made from these faulty cell lines. Now this is in an area of study that is very fact orientated. Studies about how well kids do in gay-marriages I think by nature are less objective.

Okay. So, no study ever can be trusted is your contention? That's convenient, as that means that you can then ignore any empirical data that doesn't happen to fit with your personal world views.

NO my main contention is that this issue is better left up to voters.

Civil rights are not subject to majority vote...thank goodness.

(Fewer than 20% approved of interracial marriage in 1967)

So, you think we should be able to vote on civil rights?

So, you think we should be able to vote on civil rights?

In short, Yes. Of course the founding generation voted already to give us the Bill of Rights, and every state has its own bill of rights voted on by the founders of those states, and I would not do away with those.

2480-1378315917-f9bff3a8b1675218ef19722be1cd36d9.jpg

You're losing credibility with each post. Please reverse the trend.

Forum List

Back