Breaking News: Ronaldo retires!!!!

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I'm sure that means something to at least one or two of you futbol fans.

But it sure doesn't mean shit to me. :lol:

• Banned
I stand corrected. Apparently there isn't even one of you that gives a shit. :lol:

Carry on. :thup:

The US apathy towards the most popular sport in the world (the real FOOT BALL) is fully reciprocated by the rest of the world.

People all over the world (with few exceptions like Japan, Venezuela, etc...) doesn't understand shit about baseball (and even less about american football).

They see a weird guy throwing a ball 1, 2, 3 times, another weirdo with a huge glove trying to catch the ball and a third misfit with a huge bat threatening to crush his skull at any time.

Then when the crazy dude with the giant bat finally manages to hit the ball everybody starts running like there was no tomorrow while people all over the world scratches their heads in disbelief trying to understand the purpose of all that madness. Trying to understand why all hell broke loose just because the ball was hit.

The whole world watches this bizarre spectacle and ask themselves:

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The whole world watching baseball and american football:

AMERICANS MUST BE CRAZY.

• Banned
Bullseye!
Bullseye_emoticon.gif

:mm:

José;3333534 said:
The US apathy towards the most popular sport in the world (the real FOOT BALL) is fully reciprocated by the rest of the world.

People all over the world (with few exceptions like Japan, Venezuela, etc...) doesn't understand shit about baseball (and even less about american football).

They see a weird guy throwing a ball 1, 2, 3 times, another weirdo with a huge glove trying to catch the ball and a third misfit with a huge bat threatening to crush his skull at any time.

Then when the crazy dude with the giant bat finally manages to hit the ball everybody starts running like there was no tomorrow while people all over the world scratches their heads in disbelief trying to understand the purpose of all that madness. Trying to understand why all hell broke loose just because the ball was hit.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
And Americans are supposed to appreciate a bunch of guys in short pants running back and forth kicking each other for what an hour and a half?. Why waste all that energy and rarely score a run?
No point to it, but I actually know who Ronaldo is. My ex is Brazilian. I never really got into the game but Geeze those people can party when they win the World Cup!

José;3333534 said:

And Americans are supposed to appreciate a bunch of guys in short pants running back and forth kicking each other for what an hour and a half?. Why waste all that energy and rarely score a run?
No point to it, but I actually know who Ronaldo is. My ex is Brazilian. I never really got into the game but Geeze those people can party when they win the World Cup!

Ernie, my man, calm down...

My post was not meant to depreciate the two all american sports in any way... It was not my intention to say they are boring, weird, etc...

I was just trying to portray the absolute ignorance, the deep lack of knowledge of those two sports among most people around the world.

Check out the conversation I had with Ghook a few weeks ago:

Nobody even knows what those names mean outside of the USA and a few other countries, Ghook.

95% of the world have never heard the words Bears, Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Jets, etc, etc... in their entire lives and don't have the slightest idea what they mean besides their normal meaning in English.

If you tell them all those teams cited above belong to the same sport they won't doubt you for a second.

Then Ghook gave me a reasonable answer:

This is US Messageboard no? So what different does it make? It's not like I went onto the Uganda messageboard talking about the NFL!

Sorry if it seems I went off on you. I misinterpreted your comments.
I don't really understand the attraction of soccer any more than a Brazilian understands baseball, but I still get pissy when I hear a Latino tell me that the rest of the world doesn't care about Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth.
I guess I have a problem with your accent.:lol:

I'm afraid your Latino friends did not choose their words carefully, Ernie.

"The world does not care about Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth" implies that the world knows what baseball and american football are and decided to ignore them but I can guarantee you the problem is much more serious than this.

50% of the world can't even tell you if baseball and american football are land or water sports. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

40% have an extremely crude idea about what these sports are but don't understand anything about the goal of the game, their rules and have never watched not even 1 minute of a match.

Your ex-wife is brazilian so you probably already know what I'm talking about.

Manifold...

You just couldn't resist the temptation to ridicule your fellow american's lack of knowledge about soccer. Now go to a (insert favorite foreign country here) Message Board and tell them:

"Mike Piazza retires!"

You'll laugh even harder as the whole Board reacts like this :eusa_eh: :confused: :eusa_eh: :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ronaldo was once the greatest striker on the planet.

[youtube]LIVpYZ8oehQ[/youtube]

But then he got fat and started cavorting with transvestite prostitutes.

Meh, to each their own.

New Topics

Forum List

Back