Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Hater dupes think doubling pay for workers means doubling prices, but since payroll is only 20% of a business, it only raises prices by a fifth- while giving society healthy demand and happy workers. So dumb, chumps of greedy idiot billionaires...

The US is only a "welfare state" when Pubs wreck the economy, and society, AGAIN, as the always do. see sig.
I find it remarkable I am wasting my time explaining this to a no mind such as yourself...
In any event, the average labor cost is 30%.....Labor is also the largest percentage cost of operating a business. Labor is also the easiest cost to control...When a business looks to control costs, the first item that sees cuts is labor.
Full time labor will be replaced by part time labor. Part time labor will be replaced by temporary labor.
One way or another the cost will be born by the people this meddling was intended to help. It's a lose lose.

If you can't afford to pay your workers a decent wage you shouldn't be in business. :)

I think what you were trying to convey was, YOU want to decice what a FAIR wage is!!!!!

With no clue to operating expenses, profit margins or payable debts for a particular business...............

So who the FUCK do you think you are to tell any other person how much to pay their employess.

When you talk about a DECENT LIVING WAGE, there are those who live in the outskirts of society who have very little / no need for money. They either subsist off the land or barter for what they desire in life.

Then there would be the other school of Whimsical Faggots and black Gangsters who will let their babies starve just so they can hit the crack / meth pipe again or have another swill of rot gut liquor, all while drawing a government check and swearing up and down their position in life is so because of being victimized by Republicans / Big Business.

Yes sir, you can give all those shit bags truck loads of money and it will still never be enough.

Instead of your decent wage BS line try self responsibility, learning to live within ones means and anything worth having takes time( in other words let em work for the company 20yrs. or perhaps step up to a more responsible position.

Damn. once that word responsible came into that last statement we all know that is just not possible.

Holla
Another republican....blah blah blah. I hate poor people,blah blah blah I need a new bonus blah blah blah to buy a new porsche.

No one hates poor people, I detest IGNORANT people, you being one.

What the stupid liberals do not fathom is that it is NOT necessary or viable that every job opening pays enough to support a household.

Precisely. Some folks are just looking for part time work as a means to get a little spending money. Others just want an easy job that doesn't require much critical thinking or planning so they're willing to flip burgers for what that job is actually worth. Liberals think that street sweepers should make as much as rocket scientists or brain surgeons. That's how unrealistic Liberalism/Progressivism really is. "If only money grew on trees -- wouldn't that be cooool? Someone pass me a joint!"

If you can't afford to pay your workers a decent wage you shouldn't be in business. :)

I think what you were trying to convey was, YOU want to decice what a FAIR wage is!!!!!

With no clue to operating expenses, profit margins or payable debts for a particular business...............

So who the FUCK do you think you are to tell any other person how much to pay their employess.

When you talk about a DECENT LIVING WAGE, there are those who live in the outskirts of society who have very little / no need for money. They either subsist off the land or barter for what they desire in life.

Then there would be the other school of Whimsical Faggots and black Gangsters who will let their babies starve just so they can hit the crack / meth pipe again or have another swill of rot gut liquor, all while drawing a government check and swearing up and down their position in life is so because of being victimized by Republicans / Big Business.

Yes sir, you can give all those shit bags truck loads of money and it will still never be enough.

Instead of your decent wage BS line try self responsibility, learning to live within ones means and anything worth having takes time( in other words let em work for the company 20yrs. or perhaps step up to a more responsible position.

Damn. once that word responsible came into that last statement we all know that is just not possible.

Holla
Another republican....blah blah blah. I hate poor people,blah blah blah I need a new bonus blah blah blah to buy a new porsche.
Wow....I can see your username being on the ignore list of a growing number of members here.
BTW, If I work hard enough to earn the money to buy a Porsche that is MY FUCKING BUSINESS....Not yours.. Go suck shit through a straw. You empty headed licker of the bottom of other people's feet.

Holla
Wow....I can see your username being on the ignore list of a growing number of members here.
BTW, If I work hard enough to earn the money to buy a Porsche that is MY FUCKING BUSINESS....Not yours.. Go suck shit through a straw. You empty headed licker of the bottom of other people's feet.

Holla

If that's how you wanna wrap your hatred up.....be my guest.

Seattle15perhour.jpg
Creative destruction, and good. A robot should be making the burger as well. It's not rocket science.
And the workers who no longer have jobs?
You are irrational.

Holla
Added to ignoore list, my sentiment will still be in this thread nothihng n yoiu or your littlfe faggot buddies can do about it

Holla
It is if you run a business and your employees are on welfare because of you. They have every right to set that bitch on fire,steal it and sell it or take over your business.

Holla

If that's how you wanna wrap your hatred up.....be my guest.
Gee that's an intelligent response. I am amazed.

What the stupid liberals do not fathom is that it is NOT necessary or viable that every job opening pays enough to support a household.

Precisely. Some folks are just looking for part time work as a means to get a little spending money. Others just want an easy job that doesn't require much critical thinking or planning so they're willing to flip burgers for what that job is actually worth. Liberals think that street sweepers should make as much as rocket scientists or brain surgeons. That's how unrealistic Liberalism/Progressivism really is. "If only money grew on trees -- wouldn't that be cooool? Someone pass me a joint!"
hip-joint.jpg

Holla
It is if you run a business and your employees are on welfare because of you. They have every right to set that bitch on fire,steal it and sell it or take over your business.

And it is lawless thugs such as you who deserve to "have a tragic accident in th course of your destruction".............................

What are you, just an ignorant n*gger, ya'll don't get your way so you want to loot and burn, cause destruction??

But yet you acuse me of hatred, what a shit storm of hypocrisy .........................

If $15/hr is really such a grand idea, why not make the minimum wage $115/hr, so everyone can have a standard of living that exceeds merely that of a living wage?

Every apologist for minimum wage says increasing wages has no effect on prices or employment... everyone just get more cash, and access to "the American Dream"

It’s evident that those Demoncrats don’t have a clue about economics. They never think of the consequences of their “feel good policies.” Neither do they have a clue how a business is run and operated. Seems to me this should be a litmus test for elected officials

Seattle eateries closing as 15 minimum wage approaches Hot Air
Um exactly how many restaurants have closed? I'm sure this increase will cause a few closings, however, the economy will do better in the long run because of the increase in consumer spending due to larger paychecks. 70% of the economy is economic demand.

The larger paychecks are being eaten up by ObamaCare and inflation, bub.
Um if inflation "ate up" consumer spending, then our economy would have collapsed a long time ago. ObamaCare has not at all interfered with consumer spending.
Wanna bet?....What growing economy is the one to which you refer?
Rising Prices And Stagnant Wages Are Real
Inflation as it pertains to the 80 item market basket is already underway.
When local government manipulates the cost of labor the other market forces react...it's a simple law of economics.
In order to quell the negative effects, government will be forced to relax the rules or crate artificial price controls.

It’s evident that those Demoncrats don’t have a clue about economics. They never think of the consequences of their “feel good policies.” Neither do they have a clue how a business is run and operated. Seems to me this should be a litmus test for elected officials

Um exactly how many restaurants have closed? I'm sure this increase will cause a few closings, however, the economy will do better in the long run because of the increase in consumer spending due to larger paychecks. 70% of the economy is economic demand.

Um if inflation "ate up" consumer spending, then our economy would have collapsed a long time ago. ObamaCare has not at all interfered with consumer spending.

The Labor Force Participation Rate is "back to the 70s". Job creation in this fake recovery is less than half of what it was in the 80s. We have record numbers of people classified as being in poverty. These aren't exactly hallmarks of a Robust Economy, bub.
1/4 of that labor participation loss is retirees. Others are people going on disability. Yes, certainly a portion of it is people who gave up looking for a job. However the issue isn't so much of a lack of jobs - that growth has been at its best since 1999 - it's because wages are too low. People won't take jobs with shitty pay. Another reason for this is that there are too many jobs that Americans are not qualified for. Obama tried to address these issues in two ways: trying to raise the minimum wage and trying to implement job training programs at community colleges. Republicans blocked both of these attempts. They are scumbags.
No it isn't. Labor participation rates count only those who are eligible to work, but have given up looking for work.

Holla

And it is lawless thugs such as you who deserve to "have a tragic accident in th course of your destruction".............................

What are you, just an ignorant n*gger, ya'll don't get your way so you want to loot and burn, cause destruction??

But yet you acuse me of hatred, what a shit storm of hypocrisy .........................
I am not a ****** :) I just think people deserve a livable wage. Period.

When the cost of having a job done is greater than the value of the end product that job does not get done. Production may resume if the job can be automated at reasonable capital cost but in most cases it will simply end.

But, on Planet Liberal, the subjects would rather get $15 an hour for ZERO hours/week than $7.25 an hour for 40 hours/week. Besides, if they're working they don't get a free Obamaphone!

Wanna bet?....What growing economy is the one to which you refer?
Rising Prices And Stagnant Wages Are Real
Inflation as it pertains to the 80 item market basket is already underway.
When local government manipulates the cost of labor the other market forces react...it's a simple law of economics.
In order to quell the negative effects, government will be forced to relax the rules or crate artificial price controls.
That's what the liberals want...more control of EVERYTHING!

Holla

I am not a ****** :) I just think people deserve a livable wage. Period.

You are a FUCKING MORON, the ones in life who have SKILLS make more money than those IGNORANT masses. We all have to learn to crawl before we can walk.

The person has the option to say, NO, I don't want to work for that low wage.

None of this needs intervention from any government, local, state or federal( well I am for the federal minimum wage) agencies

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back