BREAKING NEWS: President Obama announces his WOMENS college basketball bracket!!!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bucs90, Mar 18, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Ok folks. I tried watching ESPN today (I typically only watch during football season). I needed a break from the earthquakes, tsunamis, nuclear meltdowns, illegal alien invasions, union protests, economic collapse, euro riots, middle east wars, UN "sanctions", etc, etc, etc. The world is just too crazy. I know we have people at the highest level of gov't to handle and focus on that stuff.

Thats why today, at about 300pm, I was shocked to turn on ESPN and see President Barack Hussein Obama laying out his picks for the WOMENS NCAA college basketball tournament. He went in depth about a few teams, a few players. Which made me wonder, again, is he watching that much basketball with all these crisis' going on? Or spending precious briefing time being told news about college kids playing a game?

It was bad enough he took all the time for the mens tourney, getting briefed on BYU"s top scorer, the Kansas Jayhawks two stars, injured players, etc, info which he'd have to watch a lot of ball to know, or spend a good bit of time being briefed on it.

But today, he let the world know that he likes the UConn Huskies womens team to make the women's college basketball championship.

Rest easy and sleep well folks. Our president is on top of things!

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Q: Why did Nero fiddle while Rome burned?

A: 'Cause he didn't know how to play golf!

3. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    He had to, since he already made his NCAA picks. I'm certain that he was pressured by any number of women's groups and lobbyists that essentially forced him to do the same for the Women's NCAA.

4. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    part of his e.r.a. iniitiative.
    when a musician (rock musician) hits a clam (bad note), somethimes they will "revisit", or hit the note again just to show that they meant to do it the first time.

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Yep. Spend precious presidential time picking NCAA mens and womens basketball games, while the world is amidst the worst global chaos since WW2.

Next with be the N-C-double-gay basketball picks just to be fair.

6. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    OK...Gaddafi stymies him for weeks on end, but them NCAA basketball chicks don't fuck around!

My God...You just can't pull comedy gold like this out of thin air! :lol::lol::lol:

7. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    he can't play either one

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  8. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I'm sure the troops who may be going to Libya appreciate Obama spending those hours being briefed on the Kansas Jayhawks tournament chances and the injury to BYU's top scorer (both topics Obama discussed, without a teleprompter) rather than analyzing military options that may keep their mission more safe.

9. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,563
    I wonder if it took him more than 5 minutes like an average person who follows college hoops.

10. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Remember in 2009 when he started talking about how he may have Congress look into the NCAA college football bowl system to see if it was a monopoly and needed to be restructured into a playoff?

My God. I wish Obama was as dedicated to real issues as he is in sports. I suppose he is used to his old ways as a Senator: Just vote "present" then boogie off to the chicken wing restaurant to watch the hoops game!!!