BREAKING NEWS: Paul Harvey has died

I remember hearing a Rest of the Story from Paul Harvey not too long ago..

Chelsea Clinton questioned a military General about withdrawing from Iraq and noted all of the ribons on his uniform made her believe that he wasn't afraid of anything..

The General replied: There are three things I'm afraid of in life:

I'm afraid of Osama
I'm afraid of Obama
and I'm afraid of your momma

I'm Paul Harveyyy..... GOOD DAY!

He was truly a icon in our culture. The other day I heard him, while at work. He did sound not as himself. I wonder if it was the last one or close to it. I will always cherish the time we had spent together driving to and from work. He was a friend that was always there. I will miss him a great deal. His sons will do their best to fill in.. but non can or will ever replace the Great Paul Harvey! Never. Think now of what a great audience he has !

Paul Harvey will now have the opportunity to tell his tales to the ones who have passed... they are very lucky.

He was a true icon. I always looked forward to listening to him every day. While his stories usually didn't involve anything of great importance, I learned something new and interesting just about every time I listened to him.

None of us can be replaced.

Being completely unique is the one trait we all share in common.

When I was in high school, my dad would pick me up after school most days and drive me home after he was done with work. And, on the way home, we would almost always listen to Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story." I really enjoyed listening to his show.

They still have segments of Paul Harvey's "can you stand by for news" on our local radio..was that actually his son and not him? I didn't know he was 95.

Forum List

Back