Breaking News: In Defiance Of Israel, Palestine Granted Statehood By U.N. Vote

Fuck the UN - mostly 3rd. world assholes. I believe in sovereignty. The next time the coward palestinians launch missiles into Israel, Israel ought to invade them, subjugate.

Fuck the UN - mostly 3rd. world assholes. I believe in sovereignty. The next time the coward palestinians launch missiles into Israel, Israel ought to invade them, subjugate.

That's just it now.
With Palestine recognized as a legitimate U.N. State, Israel can declare war, grab up her allies, and invade the shit out of the Palestinians.

That's just it now.
With Palestine recognized as a legitimate U.N. State, Israel can declare war, grab up her allies, and invade the shit out of the Palestinians.
This could have been a preplanned idea by the U.N. the whole time for the very reason you stated.

That's just it now.
This could have been a preplanned idea by the U.N. the whole time for the very reason you stated.

I don't think the UN as a whole is that smart.
However, I think Israel is that smart.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ikuDwicCcw]Finkelstein: Palestinians battle Israel's war crimes with UN bid - YouTube[/ame]

Palestien is 93% sunni muslim - they believe in the koran which is the biggest threat to peace on the planet. These are radical death, and destruction loving petophiles who are hell bent on the destruction of Israel; they will never be content with anything less. They have zero credibility!

Palestien is 93% sunni muslim - they believe in the koran which is the biggest threat to peace on the planet. These are radical death, and destruction loving petophiles who are hell bent on the destruction of Israel; they will never be content with anything less. They have zero credibility!

Wow, that sounds like the NaziCon Christians over here.

HOW DARE a group of nations at the UN DEFY the all powerful Israel!!!!! Who made the UN boss of the world? That is obviously Israel and America's job.

Time to buy off both sides, buy back settlements, build Gaza a port and a tunnel to the West Bank, and start a Holy Land theme park run by Scandinavians. Cheaper than all this mess...

Is Palestine now a state? - CBS News

"The recognition of a new State or Government is an act that only other States and Governments may grant or withhold. It generally implies readiness to assume diplomatic relations. The United Nations is neither a State nor a Government, and therefore does not possess any authority to recognize either a State or a Government," according to the United Nations.

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice made the U.S. government's stance on the Palestinians abundantly clear after Friday's vote, telling the assembly: "This resolution does not establish that Palestine is a state."

A candidate must be: (1) a State; (2) peace-loving; (3) must accept the obligations of the Charter; (4) must be able to carry out these obligations; (5) must be willing to do so.

When the Security Council -- which must recommend a country for membership to the wider U.N. -- considered the Palestinians application for full membership last year, objections were raised over the "peace loving" provision, and the lack of effective governmental control over the Gaza Strip by the Palestinian Authority.

In the end, the Resolution does not change the Palestinians lives on the ground, and it does not "recognize" Palestine as a state. Most important, the Resolution states the urgent need for the resumption and acceleration of negotiations within the Middle East peace process.

This will surely upset many Israeli's. The U.N. ignored Israels request to not grant them formal statehood but they were overruled. 138 of 193 General Assembly members voted "yes"

Palestinians celebrate UN statehood vote | Politics | The Seattle Times

i wonder if france would have given the ok for that if the nutters here hadn't intentionally undermined our UN Ambassador.

Ya that had something to do with it, do you EVER take your blinders off?

Perhaps you can explain why France lied to us before the Iraq Invasion too.

Is Palestine now a state? - CBS News

"The recognition of a new State or Government is an act that only other States and Governments may grant or withhold. It generally implies readiness to assume diplomatic relations. The United Nations is neither a State nor a Government, and therefore does not possess any authority to recognize either a State or a Government," according to the United Nations.

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice made the U.S. government's stance on the Palestinians abundantly clear after Friday's vote, telling the assembly: "This resolution does not establish that Palestine is a state."

A candidate must be: (1) a State; (2) peace-loving; (3) must accept the obligations of the Charter; (4) must be able to carry out these obligations; (5) must be willing to do so.

When the Security Council -- which must recommend a country for membership to the wider U.N. -- considered the Palestinians application for full membership last year, objections were raised over the "peace loving" provision, and the lack of effective governmental control over the Gaza Strip by the Palestinian Authority.

In the end, the Resolution does not change the Palestinians lives on the ground, and it does not "recognize" Palestine as a state. Most important, the Resolution states the urgent need for the resumption and acceleration of negotiations within the Middle East peace process.

I agree, "an upgraded status for Palestinians at the United Nations merely levels somewhat the diplomatic playing field for the bilateral negotiations that will still be needed to bring a real Palestinian state into existence, as well as reconfirming the objective that everybody involved says they share. It would thus be a positive step."

This puts a greater pressure on the Palestinian government to act the role of a sovereign state and bring a peaceful posture to the diplomatic arena.

Would that be the Palestinian gov't run by Fatah, which lost the only popular election, or the Palestinian gov't run by Hamas, which is a terrorist organization?

Forum List

Back