Breaking news: Huntsman quits

Mormon doctrine to uphold the Constitution

Are you crazy?

Have any one of you actually read or researched Mormonism enough to have any fucking clue what you're talking about?

"bigotry" is when you base your beliefs on a LACK of info - like what the rw's do on this forum.

"Mormon conspiracy to take over the nation" - How much of Joseph Smith have you read? How much of the Book of Mormon or Doctrine & Covenants have you actually read?

Please, DO NOT believe even one word I've written about Morms and please don't pretend that you already know it all. You don't. Research it for yourself. Educate yourself and see if you don't come to the same conclusion.

luddly.neddite, you can run around (in your mind) in the 1840s, and the rest of us will live in reality now, today.

If Romney can get away with it, he'll stack the WH with Morms and, needless to say, Huntsman will be among them. And, you can bet that rw voters will still (stupidly) saying, Anyone But Obama.

You would think they would have learned their lesson with the last disastrous election. The Repubs/teabag were screeching, 'vote them all out' and look what they got. They sold their votes for the promise of jobs but the pubs have not introduced even one jobs bill. Not even one. Not only that, they consistently filibuster any bill that could help this country.

But, we'll be hearing more of the same because these people just don't think for themselves.

Oh brother.
Just like JFK did with catholics. I mean we had the pope running this countr.... what? That didn't happen? Are you sure on this source? Oh. Okay.

This just in the Pope did NOT run this nation during JFK's presidency. So a mormon conversion of the WH is probably not going to happen either.

To my knowledge, taking over the US is not a goal of the Catholic church. Nor was the Catholic church founded on the promise of taking over the US.

The Morm church was.

You know, its really not all that hard to learn about the LDS or about Mitt's beliefs. But, first, you really do have to pull your collective heads out of your collective buhinds.

luddly.neddite, you can run around (in your mind) in the 1840s, and the rest of us will live in reality now, today.

Yeah?

When will that start?

Because some of you are sounding just plain dumb. And, I'd bet that not one of you has actually read, researched or studied what you SAY you already know everything about.

You know, I've been in a van over the horn of Lake Superior reading a book called the Bible. I don't understand religions. I don't pretend to know. But I know a group of folks called LDS who helped me in the worst time of my life. We're talking call ART BELL 911 kinda bad.

All I know is that they loved me, never judged me, and held me and mine thru a really bad time. Bless their souls.

I just don't want anyone to mock them. I can't get a grip on some of the stuff they believe, but all I know is that their hearts are gold. Good people.

Yeah? When will that start? Because some of you are sounding just plain dumb. And, I'd bet that not one of you has actually read, researched or studied what you SAY you already know everything about.

I have lived around Mormonism all of my life. The overwhelming number of LDS have no idea about JS politics and "king of the world" and the Council of Fifty and all that crap, nor would they believe it, nor would they have anything to do with that.

I know about it because I have read American western history all of my life as a hobby, and no one can understand the American West without understanding a good deal of frontier Mormonism.

Tell you what: go talk to the local LDS leaders and put JS's plan in front of them, and ask them if they think MR is following it.

Get back to us, huh?

If Romney can get away with it, he'll stack the WH with Morms and, needless to say, Huntsman will be among them. And, you can bet that rw voters will still (stupidly) saying, Anyone But Obama.

You would think they would have learned their lesson with the last disastrous election. The Repubs/teabag were screeching, 'vote them all out' and look what they got. They sold their votes for the promise of jobs but the pubs have not introduced even one jobs bill. Not even one. Not only that, they consistently filibuster any bill that could help this country.

But, we'll be hearing more of the same because these people just don't think for themselves.

Yep. It's a Mormon conspiracy to take over the nation. Then we can prepare the way for the lizard people who live in the tunnels under Salt Lake who will enslave the human race.

:eusa_shhh:

ruh roh

it's all in the kitty avatars. omg. I am doomed.:lol: because I love them.

Mormon doctrine to uphold the Constitution

Are you crazy?

Have any one of you actually read or researched Mormonism enough to have any fucking clue what you're talking about?

"bigotry" is when you base your beliefs on a LACK of info - like what the rw's do on this forum.

"Mormon conspiracy to take over the nation" - How much of Joseph Smith have you read? How much of the Book of Mormon or Doctrine & Covenants have you actually read?

Please, DO NOT believe even one word I've written about Morms and please don't pretend that you already know it all. You don't. Research it for yourself. Educate yourself and see if you don't come to the same conclusion.

i've read them all multiple times.

In fact, it's the D&C that spells out that the Constitution was inspired by God and that God prepared the Founders specifically for the purpose of establishing freedom in this land. It's the D&C that says to uphold the Constitution.

in fact, that was one of the platforms JS ran on in the 1844 election. Upholding the Constitution so that all would be free to worship as they choose rather than suffer the oppression the latter-day Saints did.

“The Saints can testify whether I am willing to lay down my life for my brethren. If it has been demonstrated that I have been willing to die for a ‘Mormon,’ I am bold to declare before Heaven that I am just as ready to die in defending the rights of a Presbyterian, a Baptist, or a good man of any other denomination; for the same principle which would trample upon the rights of the Latter-day Saints would trample upon the rights of the Roman Catholics, or of any other denomination who may be unpopular and too weak to defend themselves.

“It is a love of liberty which inspires my soul—civil and religious liberty to the whole of the human race. Love of liberty was diffused into my soul by my grandfathers while they dandled me on their knees. …

“If I esteem mankind to be in error, shall I bear them down? No. I will lift them up, and in their own way too, if I cannot persuade them my way is better; and I will not seek to compel any man to believe as I do, only by the force of reasoning, for truth will cut its own way.”(Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, Chapter 29: Living with others in Peace and Harmony)

For those who believe Mormonism is just another harmless cult, did you ever think evangelical "Christianity" would have the strangle hold it now has?

Of course not.

I don't like his stances on social issues, but his business and jobs back ground is hard to not vote for. If Romney is the one we have to fight Obama with, even through he is weak socially, I'd say he is still far better then the super leftist Obama. Romney can count on my vote!

It is to freaking important to beat Obama to go for purity! Lets start to push this country back rightward!

Really hard to take that seriously with a Ron Paul bumper sticker in your sig....

:eusa_whistle:

For those who believe Mormonism is just another harmless cult, did you ever think evangelical "Christianity" would have the strangle hold it now has?

Of course not.

Ob yes! What a stranglehold! They effect little if not nothing in politics. I can't imagine any group having that much power in politics.

You know, I've been in a van over the horn of Lake Superior reading a book called the Bible. I don't understand religions. I don't pretend to know. But I know a group of folks called LDS who helped me in the worst time of my life. We're talking call ART BELL 911 kinda bad.

All I know is that they loved me, never judged me, and held me and mine thru a really bad time. Bless their souls.

I just don't want anyone to mock them. I can't get a grip on some of the stuff they believe, but all I know is that their hearts are gold. Good people.
I, too, was befriended by one of them I will always love, and shunned by a neighbor family frightened to death by their edicts to stay away from mainstream Christians doing good for many in the community. It's a mixed bag, td. I'd personally prefer acceptance for what I do rather than blind condemnation for who I am.

Forum List

Back