Breaking news: Huntsman quits

I've got to admit, I was surprised by how much of a non-factor Huntsman, a successful governor, remained throughout a topsy-turvy race that saw the Santorums and the Trumps dominating the field.

I have to feel sorry for him: he resigned a governorship to take an ambassadorship that he then resigned to run a race that he's now quit. I'm sure he won't be leaving public life altogether, but he's tumbled quickly and far in just a few years.

I knew he never stood a snowballs chance in hell, but he was a champion of some true causes, he fought valiantly, and I respect him for throwing his hat in the ring and trying to get his voice heard.

Which causes did he "champion?"

I liked Huntsman, but he just couldn't get traction. This won't effect South Carolina much as Huntsman was polling in there at under the margin of error last I heard.

Still, I'm sad to see a rational voice fail to find a place in the process.

well well.... good news on a Sunday. Let's see who benefits the most from this.

And he's endorsing Mittens!

Wow, who would have ever thunk it? I was sure he would endorse Rick Santorun or Newt.

Expect most of the 5% support he was getting within s.carolina to go to mitt. His voting base likely won't go to a far right winger like Newt or Santorum. Mitt Romney just won S.Carolina.

Mitt has "won" SC already, Huntsman has added to the %, and if Mitt wins the presidency, Huntsman wins Secretary of State. No, no, J Bolton, you go home, because you just became the weakest link.

Forum List

Back