BREAKING NEWS: GOP knew of Petraeus affair for weeks. Hid from President.

Spokesman: House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October - CNN.com

(CNN) -- House majority leader Eric Cantor talked to an FBI official in late October about former CIA Director David Petraeus' involvement in an affair, a spokesman for the congressman told CNN Sunday.
Doug Heye said Cantor had a conversation with the whistleblower about the affair and the national security concerns involved in the matter.

Cantor knew of Petraeus matter for weeks | News - Home

------------------------------------------

Apparently the President didn't find out until after the election.

BUT REPUBLICANS ALREADY KNEW.

Why? Where were they hoping to do? They thought Obama wouldn't win so it would just go away? They are using this for political gain to harm the president who had nothing to do with this.

And Republicans SCREAMING NATIONAL SECURITY are keeping "SECRETS" from the President of the United States? Fuckers. If Cantor knew, EVERYONE knew.

I knew they hated him more than any feeling they might have for this country, but this? Really?

Wonder what Holder has to say?

Wonder what the law says?

Wonder why Republicans so willing to fuck this country over?

Wonder how the USMB will DEFEND Cantor?

Hmmm, should be interesting.

The president runs the FBI, why would they tell Congress and not him?

yup, Muller works for obama, so why didn't he tell him?

It appears to be more true than any of the right wing accusations against admin officials

poor righties, lose so badly to Obama and now this?

---------------

Obama secured more electoral votes than any Republican presidential candidate in the last 24 years

FOX News on Obama: More Electoral Votes Than ALL GOP Prez Candidates in 24 Years

President Obama now has the wind at his back
By Sally Kohn
Published November 09, 2012
FoxNews.com

Conservatives would have readily insisted on a Romney mandate even in the face of a smaller margin. But after four years of extraordinarily baseless and nasty attacks against the president, conservatives can't even bring themselves to simply acknowledge that the president won and that his victory is not the result of voter fraud or Chris Christie but the basic fact that the American voters chose liberalism over conservativism. Period.

Republicans would be wise to acknowledge the president's very clear and strong mandate and get on board — or else risk alienating the American public even further.

Read more: President Obama now has the wind at his back | Fox News

Pay attention folks. Pay attention.

(CNN) -- House majority leader Eric Cantor talked to an FBI official in late October about former CIA Director David Petraeus' involvement in an affair, a spokesman for the congressman told CNN Sunday.
Doug Heye said Cantor had a conversation with the whistleblower about the affair and the national security concerns involved in the matter.

Why? Where were they hoping to do? They thought Obama wouldn't win so it would just go away? They are using this for political gain to harm the president who had nothing to do with this.

And Republicans SCREAMING NATIONAL SECURITY are keeping "SECRETS" from the President of the United States? Fuckers. If Cantor knew, EVERYONE knew.

I knew they hated him more than any feeling they might have for this country, but this? Really?

An order that was put in place by the Bush Administration in 2007, after the US Attorney firings incident. Don't you people do your homework?

It appears to be more true than any of the right wing accusations against admin officials

---------------

Obama secured more electoral votes than any Republican presidential candidate in the last 24 years

FOX News on Obama: More Electoral Votes Than ALL GOP Prez Candidates in 24 Years

By Sally Kohn
FoxNews.com

Conservatives would have readily insisted on a Romney mandate even in the face of a smaller margin. But after four years of extraordinarily baseless and nasty attacks against the president, conservatives can't even bring themselves to simply acknowledge that the president won and that his victory is not the result of voter fraud or Chris Christie but the basic fact that the American voters chose liberalism over conservativism. Period.

Republicans would be wise to acknowledge the president's very clear and strong mandate and get on board — or else risk alienating the American public even further.

and this has what to do with the topic? or are you so desperate for attention...oh nevermind:rolleyes:

He couldn't.

"However, U.S. officials briefed on the matter said the probe was closely held among officials at the FBI and Justice under a long-standing policy not to divulge information on continuing criminal investigations.

The disclosure policy was reinforced in a 2007 memorandum by Michael Mukasey, who was then attorney general under President George W. Bush. The memorandum, issued in the wake of the scandal over the firings of U.S. attorneys, sought to remind department employees that contacts with the White House and Congress about pending criminal matters were off limits.

Petraeus Affair Puts Scrutiny on FBI - WSJ.com

An order that was put in place by the Bush Administration in 2007, after the US Attorney firings incident. Don't you people do your homework?

There was an order not to inform the president of potential security breaches? Got a link for that, or am I supposed to accept your superior black intellect?

He couldn't.

"However, U.S. officials briefed on the matter said the probe was closely held among officials at the FBI and Justice under a long-standing policy not to divulge information on continuing criminal investigations.

The disclosure policy was reinforced in a 2007 memorandum by Michael Mukasey, who was then attorney general under President George W. Bush. The memorandum, issued in the wake of the scandal over the firings of U.S. attorneys, sought to remind department employees that contacts with the White House and Congress about pending criminal matters were off limits.

et me see if
i understand your position, even though it was against policy to contact Congress they contacted Republicans in Congress, but not the president.

---------------

By Sally Kohn
FoxNews.com

and this has what to do with the topic? or are you so desperate for attention...oh nevermind:rolleyes:
I guess you missed the part where I tie them in together to make the larger point?

He couldn't.

et me see if
i understand your position, even though it was against policy to contact Congress they contacted Republicans in Congress, but not the president.

You ask for a link, I provide a link, you don't read the link and then you ask questions answered in the link. Priceless.

"Despite efforts at FBI and the Justice Department to keep the investigation closely held, word of it leaked to a small number of lawmakers. Rep. David Reichert (R., Wash.) received a tip from an FBI employee that there was a national-security issue related to Mr. Petraeus, according to an aide. He forwarded the information to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R., Va.), who alerted the FBI in October."

"I was contacted by an FBI employee [who was] concerned that sensitive, classified information may have been compromised and made certain Director [Robert] Mueller was aware of these serious allegations and the potential risk to our national security," Mr. Cantor said in a statement, which was reported by the New York Times on Sunday."

You look it up for me. I post endless posts right wingers refuse to read. From such crazy and wacky sites as "Businessweek, The Christian Science Monitor, CNN, Science Today and sometimes even Fox". So you want me to go trolling right wing sites? Not gonna happen.

Here's a little story about that. No. Do your own homework.

Anyone who has made the effort to learn about Obama's background knows that his campaign dug up divorce dirt on his opponents in Illinois...even to the extent of getting records unsealed.

Wait a second. Are you talking about Jeri Ryan? 7 of 9 from Star Trek? Hey, I live in Illinois since I got out of the service in 1979. I know everything about that story. What is it you want to know? And I can tell you, it doesn't involve Obama.

Did you know her former husband is a "watcher"? Nothing to do with Obama.

Interesting, however, it was the FBI that investigated the issue and reports directly to the Attorney General and National Security Council, so you still say the President had no idea? Good luck with that one. To state that the GOP was informed and not the President or anyone else is absurd. The issue of timing and Benghazi is an interesting development, not to mention Iranian attack against an unmanned drone over international waters November 1st. The election is over, so knock off the spin bullshit, it's about time your Messiah is forced to tell the truth.

Last edited:
He couldn't.

et me see if

You ask for a link, I provide a link, you don't read the link and then you ask questions answered in the link. Priceless.

"Despite efforts at FBI and the Justice Department to keep the investigation closely held, word of it leaked to a small number of lawmakers. Rep. David Reichert (R., Wash.) received a tip from an FBI employee that there was a national-security issue related to Mr. Petraeus, according to an aide. He forwarded the information to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R., Va.), who alerted the FBI in October."

"I was contacted by an FBI employee [who was] concerned that sensitive, classified information may have been compromised and made certain Director [Robert] Mueller was aware of these serious allegations and the potential risk to our national security," Mr. Cantor said in a statement, which was reported by the New York Times on Sunday."

I asked you for a link to the FBI not telling the president about national security issues, you replied with a press release about them not talking about criminal investigations. Do you understand the difference between those two?

Petreaus' affair was meaningless until it became a reason for him to resign and avoid testifying.

It's Republicans fault that the President does not consult with the FBI or CIA?

Apparently the Koch Brother are still paying Deany to make Liberals look like fucking morons.

Well done! LOL 6%!

Aww CF. It's the GOP's fault for expecting Obama to do is job.

Is anybody else courious to who leaked the information on who the woman was prior to the conclusion of the investigation by the FBI. Is it possible that there is an attempt to destroy the credibility of Petraeus prior to his testimony on the deaths of our Ambassador and 3 other Americans. If this is so who would benefit most from discrediting what Petraeus might say if they let him talk at all? We would be awful naive if we thought blackmailing did not occur in our government.

This...as with most things involving what happened in Benghazi...stinks to high heavens. The head of the CIA resigns days after the election and days before he's scheduled to testify? Are you kidding? Draw up the subpoenas, boys and girls...it's time to sit one ex-CIA Chief's ass in front of a Congressional Investigative Committee and find out why we lost four good people.

New Topics

Forum List

Back