BREAKING NEWS: GOP knew of Petraeus affair for weeks. Hid from President.

Spokesman: House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October - CNN.com

(CNN) -- House majority leader Eric Cantor talked to an FBI official in late October about former CIA Director David Petraeus' involvement in an affair, a spokesman for the congressman told CNN Sunday.
Doug Heye said Cantor had a conversation with the whistleblower about the affair and the national security concerns involved in the matter.

Cantor knew of Petraeus matter for weeks | News - Home

------------------------------------------

Apparently the President didn't find out until after the election.

BUT REPUBLICANS ALREADY KNEW.

Why? Where were they hoping to do? They thought Obama wouldn't win so it would just go away? They are using this for political gain to harm the president who had nothing to do with this.

And Republicans SCREAMING NATIONAL SECURITY are keeping "SECRETS" from the President of the United States? Fuckers. If Cantor knew, EVERYONE knew.

I knew they hated him more than any feeling they might have for this country, but this? Really?

Wonder what Holder has to say?

Wonder what the law says?

Wonder why Republicans so willing to fuck this country over?

Wonder how the USMB will DEFEND Cantor?

Hmmm, should be interesting.

So let me see if I've got this straight? Eric Cantor knows that the Director of the CIA is having an affair but Barry doesn't have a clue?

Let me ask you something, Deanie...is there anything happening in the real world that our current President DOES know about? He seems to be "out of the loop".

So who is it that's running our country?

The way a "whistle blower" works is to announce everything to everybody the moment they find something out. If a whistle blower has dirt on someone, they always go to the person with the dirt and tells them first, right? Isn't that how it works?:eusa_whistle:

rdeany persists in his typical fugue state.

Reality: Obama has a long record of using personal dirt (divorce records, etc.) as chips on political opponents and allies. In this, Patraeus worked for him, and underwent an FBI background check. It is implausible that Obama didn't know about the affair.

The likely scenario is that Obama, via Valerie Jarrett, who does much of the dirty work, used that Big Chip to keep Pataeus silent and then compliant with the party YouTube video line. And then, to force a resignation right before his scheduled testimony.

The House should subpoena. Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty, Chris Stevens, and Sean Smith deserve the truth to be outed.

Divorce dirt? OK. I'll bite. What the fuck are you talking about? Make it good.

Look up Jack Ryan and M. Blair Hull.

(CNN) -- House majority leader Eric Cantor talked to an FBI official in late October about former CIA Director David Petraeus' involvement in an affair, a spokesman for the congressman told CNN Sunday.
Doug Heye said Cantor had a conversation with the whistleblower about the affair and the national security concerns involved in the matter.

Why? Where were they hoping to do? They thought Obama wouldn't win so it would just go away? They are using this for political gain to harm the president who had nothing to do with this.

And Republicans SCREAMING NATIONAL SECURITY are keeping "SECRETS" from the President of the United States? Fuckers. If Cantor knew, EVERYONE knew.

I knew they hated him more than any feeling they might have for this country, but this? Really?

sounds as if you really hate republicans.

Last edited:
It's all bullshit....his "affair" is a lie. How convenient this happens a week before the Benghazi hearings! He should be forced to testify.

i have to agree cj. is it a set up. sending harrassing emails seems to go with blackmail (ala j edgar hoover, (or j edgar holder)). this newest caper fits neatly into the suspicious wag the dog column, along with the bin laden execution and the murky birth certificate stories. hmmm
maybe this won't be such a dull four years after all. petraeus still must testify.

Last edited:
oh boy, is there NOTHING they won't blame on the Republicans

what would they get out of hiding of this..

Last edited:
Is Obama ever interested what is happening things in this country under his command?

He NEVER seems to know about anything that is going on..or he is the last to find out..

and this is the leader of our country...

damn scary

In the land of Obama, everything is so Unexpectedly.

Poor Rdean, he has to make up a title to let his Dear Leader off the hook..

but all it did is Make Obama look MORE STUPID..

good job

rdeany persists in his typical fugue state.

Reality: Obama has a long record of using personal dirt (divorce records, etc.) as chips on political opponents and allies. In this, Patraeus worked for him, and underwent an FBI background check. It is implausible that Obama didn't know about the affair.

The likely scenario is that Obama, via Valerie Jarrett, who does much of the dirty work, used that Big Chip to keep Pataeus silent and then compliant with the party YouTube video line. And then, to force a resignation right before his scheduled testimony.

The House should subpoena. Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty, Chris Stevens, and Sean Smith deserve the truth to be outed.

You look it up for me. I post endless links right wingers refuse to read. From such crazy and wacky sites as "Businessweek, The Christian Science Monitor, CNN, Science Today and sometimes even Fox". So you want me to go trolling right wing sites? Not gonna happen.

You look it up for me. I post endless posts right wingers refuse to read. From such crazy and wacky sites as "Businessweek, The Christian Science Monitor, CNN, Science Today and sometimes even Fox". So you want me to go trolling right wing sites? Not gonna happen.

Here's a little story about that. No. Do your own homework.

Anyone who has made the effort to learn about Obama's background knows that his campaign dug up divorce dirt on his opponents in Illinois...even to the extent of getting records unsealed.

You look it up for me. I post endless posts right wingers refuse to read. From such crazy and wacky sites as "Businessweek, The Christian Science Monitor, CNN, Science Today and sometimes even Fox". So you want me to go trolling right wing sites? Not gonna happen.

Here's a little story about that. No. Do your own homework.

Anyone who has made the effort to learn about Obama's background knows that his campaign dug up divorce dirt on his opponents in Illinois...even to the extent of getting records unsealed.

Wait a second. Are you talking about Jeri Ryan? 7 of 9 from Star Trek? Hey, I live in Illinois since I got out of the service in 1979. I know everything about that story. What is it you want to know? And I can tell you, it doesn't involve Obama.

MOONING-vi.gif

Republicans knew. They pretended this was all "new" information. But they already knew.

And if an FBI informant told Eric Cantor, you can't assume the director already knew. I worked in an Intelligence Office when I was in the Army and I always found things out before the Captain and First Sergeant I worked for. The lower EM had a "network" and we called each other constantly with what was going on. The same thing happens in the FBI. Believe it.

LOL..."YOU" worked in Army Intelligence? Seriously?

3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division. My name isn't "Mitt Romney".

So explain to me, Army Intelligence Boy...how it is that Eric Cantor knows about Petraeous while Barack Obama doesn't? Does the FBI now report to a Republican Whip rather than the President? Is that what you're telling me?

Or is this another case of our intrepid President, who loved to take credit for the Osama bin Laden killing...running from responsibility for not knowing the head of our CIA was so busy sending thousands of e-mails to his new "love" that he wasn't paying attention to the nation's security?

I ask the question again...who's been running this country while Barry's been flying around on Air Force One trying to get reelected? I ask because he doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on in his own Administration.

Last edited:
first- if true, Cantor should have brought this to the house intelligence committee, straight away, he apparently didn't and yes I want to know why.

second- I too have a hard time believing that if cantor sussed it out, the WH nat. security adviser didn't know too....?

third- lets get real, let us suppose that Cantor had just gone to Wapo or the NY Times and said hey petreaus is having an affair and they haven't canned him yet its a threat to out nat. security yada yada yada.......who here thinks he wouldn't be pained as a political butcher out to score points and hurt Obama especially at election time? The MSM would have slaughtered him.

Anyway, he needs to be asked what the content, exactly, of his conversation with that FBI and what he did when he heard this.

from this link, this concerns me, a lot;

House and Senate intelligence committees weren't informed that there was an FBI investigation into the situation until Friday.

The president runs the FBI, why would they tell Congress and not him?

Forum List

Back