Breaking News: Feds Arrest Somali-Born Teen After Car-Bomb Sting at Oregon Christmas

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Breaking News: Feds Arrest Somali-Born Teen After Car-Bomb Sting at Oregon Christmas Tree Ceremony

PORTLAND, Oregon -- Federal prosecutors say a Somali-born teenager plotted to carry out a car bomb attack at a crowded Christmas tree lighting ceremony in downtown Portland on Friday but the bomb turned out to be a dud supplied by undercover agents as part of a sting.

Feds Arrest Somali-Born Teen in Car Bomb Plot - FoxNews.com

Thank goodness they caught him.

U.S. Attorney Dwight Holton released federal court documents Friday that show the sting operation began in June after an undercover agent learned that Mohamud had been in contact with an "unindicted associate" in Pakistan's Northwest Frontier region.

On Friday, an undercover agent and Mohamud drove to downtown Portland in a white van that carried six 55-gallon drums with detonation cords and plastic caps, but all of them were inert, the complaint states.

They got out of the van and walked to meet another undercover agent, who drove to Union Station, the Portland train station, where Mohamud was given a cell phone that he thought would blow up the van, according to the complaint.

Mohamud dialed the phone agents had given him, and was told the bomb did not detonate. The undercover agents suggested he get out of the car and try again to improve the signal, when he did, he was arrested, the complaint said.

Feds: Somali-born teen plotted car-bombing in Ore.
A Set-up to scare the people?

Unindicted co-conspirator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Feds track record in cases like this suggest that the kid was probably given the idea, told how to do it, and supplied with all the ingredients. I do not understand why this is not entrapment.

I suppose you'd have to hear the case,

but DAYUM, Sam!

If you're willing to Push The Button,

KNOWING that folks will suffer and die, horrendous deaths?

THAT's Personal Responsibility,

and there aren't too many ways to try to wiggle your way out of THAT...

I suppose you'd have to hear the case,

but DAYUM, Sam!

If you're willing to Push The Button,

KNOWING that folks will suffer and die, horrendous deaths?

THAT's Personal Responsibility,

and there aren't too many ways to try to wiggle your way out of THAT...

Depends on what he was told and believed. Judging by past history, the FBI is quite willing to supply a complete organization, plans, training, and equipment to anyone who wants to listen. It probably is not legally entrapment, but it should be.

TEMPTING someone to do something horribly WRONG is entrapment?

Then I say we could ALL sue the internet.

Oh, GEORGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????????

Until I got online? I didn't have the vaguest idea of how to make napalm from common household products, nor how to "hide the body," should I feel the necessity to actually murder someone, nor a TON of other socially unacceptably practices.

How much do you think we could GET in the settlement? :lol:

Seriously, though ~

if you WANT to do something like that? If you actually COULD press that button?

You are in DESPERATE need of an attitude adjustment, imho.

Gee look, they caught him by monitoring his email to terrorists overseas. Can't wait to hear the libruls start crying about how his rights were violated.

And why the fuck is a somali-born teen a 'naturalized' citizen? We don't need to be importing Somalis.

(CNN) -- A 19-year-old has been arrested in connection with a plot to detonate a vehicle bomb at an annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Portland, Oregon, on Friday evening, the Justice Department announced.

Mohamed Osman Mohamud, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Somalia, was arrested on suspicion of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction. He is a resident of Corvallis, Oregon, and a student at Oregon State University, according to the FBI.
Somali-American accused of plotting to bomb Oregon tree-lighting event - CNN.com

We're not at war with Islam...

The Feds track record in cases like this suggest that the kid was probably given the idea, told how to do it, and supplied with all the ingredients. I do not understand why this is not entrapment.

It is entrapment.

Playing whack-a-mole with Somalis in the US until you find one who agrees to use a cell phone to detonate fake bombs you give him is not "homeland security."

I would guess DHS is trying to recruit "angry white guys" to do this, too, but that's not working out the way they want.

What a fraud.

Sounds like another tactic that may be utilized by our enemies - teenagers. They know the bleeding hearts will make it extremely difficult to go after "children". His entire family should be deported.

Hey - has the MSM or Big Sis used the "t-word" yet. Or will he be portrayed as a bullied child who was frustrated that he couldn't get a date to the prom?

Sounds like another tactic that may be utilized by our enemies - teenagers. They know the bleeding hearts will make it extremely difficult to go after "children". His entire family should be deported.

Hey - has the MSM or Big Sis used the "t-word" yet. Or will he be portrayed as a bullied child who was frustrated that he couldn't get a date to the prom?

I fail to see what his family have to do with it. And... for the moment.... all we have is what the media tells us.... which is NOT the full story. Personally, I prefer waiting to find out ALL the facts before I hang someone... and that person's family. Hysterical overreaction does not to anyone any favors.

It is entrapment.

Playing whack-a-mole with Somalis in the US until you find one who agrees to use a cell phone to detonate fake bombs you give him is not "homeland security."

I would guess DHS is trying to recruit "angry white guys" to do this, too, but that's not working out the way they want.

What a fraud.

Its not entrapment. This asshole was in communication with terrorists in Pakistan, and wanted to go there to train. This shithead muslim had the will to kill Americans. He is a traitor since he is a "US citizen" and should be hung.

Last edited:

It is entrapment.

What a fraud.

Its not entrapment. This asshole was in communication with terrorists in Pakistan, and wanted to go there to train. This shithead muslim had the will to kill Americans. He is a traitor since he is a "US citizen" and should be hung.

Your government giving teenagers who want them fake bombs does not make you safe.

CG - his family certainly has responsibilty. In my state, parents of minors are responsible for restitution for simple acts of vandalism. Why wouldnt parents be held liable for the big shit? They should have known. Their phone; their computer. Its time to send a message.

FBI Thwarts Own Car Bomb
The United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) claims to have thwarted their own car bomb Friday, November 26, 2010 at a Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Portland, Oregon's Pioneer Courthouse Square.

A 19 year old man, Mr. Mohamed Osman Mohamud, was in contact with undercover FBI agents since June of 2010. FBI agents claim they were acting as an accomplice of a supposed Pakistani terrorist that Mr. Mohamud had been in contact with as early as 2008. Unlike the supposed Pakistani terrorist Mr. Mohamud was in contact with, the FBI actually supplied him with a bomb.
Activist Post: Oregon: FBI Thwarts Own Car Bomb
Unable to discover any real terrorists, the FBI keep grooming these
dumb and gullible losers, as patsies to take a fall.

It is entrapment.

What a fraud.

Your government giving teenagers who want them fake bombs does not make you safe.

First of all, you're calling him a "teenager" implies he is just some innocent kid. He is an adult. I doubt you would call 18 and 19 year old marines that die in Afganistan or Iraq "teenagers".

Taking someone off the streets who has the will to blow people up does make us safe. You want this asshole who was in contact with Pakistan terrorists to be set free?

Forum List

Back