BREAKING NEWS: Explosion at CT Power Plant has caused "Mass Casualties"

I really hope they have insurance. Recovery from burns can be long and expensive.

Everyone on the site of that power plant will be covered by workers comp.

So easlily dismissed. What exactly does "workers comp" cover.

As a general rule: "Workers Compensation covers * * * employees."
It covers their medical expenses, lost income wages, rehabilitation costs and, if needed, death benefits for employees who sustain an injury, illness and/or contract a disease as a result of their employment. Each state's Workers Compensation Board sets the actual monetary minimums and maximums the employee will receive.
Workers Compensation: What's Covered, How It's Rated and Where to Buy It

Im sure its cold and no doubt some peoples power is now off.

from the CNN link in the OP:

"The plant was under construction and had not yet opened, Middletown Officer Kevin White told CNN. It was set to go online later this year, he said, and was in a "testing phase."

About 50 people, most of them construction workers, were working on the site at the time, said Al Santostefano, deputy fire marshal. Workers were apparently purging a natural gas pipeline when the blast occurred, officials said."
I think they are ok for power in the area, and so no one will be endangered from being in a cold house or apartment as a result of this one.

Last edited:
It is just a matter of time, before terrorists realize that airplanes are probably not their best bet on killing Americans and they will target less secure areas.

poisoning water supplies....and don't think that they haven't thought of that.

It is not the chemical, it is the dose. Most water supplies are full of interesting chemicals anyway. And most cities put large amounts of other poisonous things into the water to kill off all the bad bugs.

It might be a concern in a small town, but not in a large city. And what to be gained by doing damage in a one horse tank town?

I'm pretty sure Atlanta would be pissed if the lake that supplies their water was poisened. You know how much water a quart of oil can contaminate?

It is not the chemical, it is the dose. Most water supplies are full of interesting chemicals anyway. And most cities put large amounts of other poisonous things into the water to kill off all the bad bugs.

It might be a concern in a small town, but not in a large city. And what to be gained by doing damage in a one horse tank town?

I'm pretty sure Atlanta would be pissed if the lake that supplies their water was poisened. You know how much water a quart of oil can contaminate?

As someone who has had involvement in the construction and operation of water treatment plants, oil would be one of the best case senarios, it is fairly easy to remove, at least to acceptable levels.
In the 60's the weather underground threatened to dose NYC with LSD in their water supply, almost impossible to remove. Course, it would have made everyone laugh for awhile, and not sure what purpose it would have served, but they did threaten it.
The easiest way to "poison" a water supply, and the one that ALL treatment plants test for hourly, is bacterial contamination.
It can be as simple as dumping dead animals into a lake.

The fact is, it has been thought of. Even in ancient times, poisoning a water supply was a tactic used in wars.

As someone who has had involvement in the construction and operation of water treatment plants, oil would be one of the best case senarios, it is fairly easy to remove, at least to acceptable levels.
In the 60's the weather underground threatened to dose NYC with LSD in their water supply, almost impossible to remove. Course, it would have made everyone laugh for awhile, and not sure what purpose it would have served, but they did threaten it.
The easiest way to "poison" a water supply, and the one that ALL treatment plants test for hourly, is bacterial contamination.

The fact is, it has been thought of. Even in ancient times, poisoning a water supply was a tactic used in wars.

Yeah VERY scary shit IMHO. I don't think a WHOLE CITY on LSD would be a very good thing I think you would end up with a significant number of suicides. "Dosing" someone without their knowledge is perhaps the DOUCHIEST thing a person can do.

Yeah VERY scary shit IMHO. I don't think a WHOLE CITY on LSD would be a very good thing I think you would end up with a significant number of suicides. "Dosing" someone without their knowledge is perhaps the DOUCHIEST thing a person can do.

Depends. I was at a concert one time where there were these cops hired as security that were just being pricks, until about the middle of the first set. That's when they started losing parts of their uniforms and dancing around with everyone else.......

Hows the weather there, is the electicity off?
The plant was under construction....not putting out....made no difference in the availability of electricity.

Hows the weather there, is the electicity off?

bet it is now......
The plant was under construction.

While I donl3 doubt the factual nature of the story, I have to wonder what the spin is. Considering what and how the FOX News hounds @ USMB have been hysterically screaming about lately....a fact check on the details is in order. Mass casualties, Explosion? how loosely are these terms being used?

Not saying it's not true, just saying reader beware.

Fox News is not the only one reporting the mass casualty line you dumb ass.

And one question that needs answering right quick is was it an accident or deliberate?
If they were purging a gas line, it was likely an accidental explosion.

While I donl3 doubt the factual nature of the story, I have to wonder what the spin is. Considering what and how the FOX News hounds @ USMB have been hysterically screaming about lately....a fact check on the details is in order. Mass casualties, Explosion? how loosely are these terms being used?

Not saying it's not true, just saying reader beware.

Fox News is not the only one reporting the mass casualty line you dumb ass.

And one question that needs answering right quick is was it an accident or deliberate?

That's what I am concerned about, accident or diliberate.
If they were purging a gas line, it was likely an accidental explosion.

Oil is relatively easily separated from water. Some other things are not.

I just got off the phone with my brother...it's BITTER COLD in New England...right now 19 deg in northwestern NJ.
Northwestern NJ is in the mountains. Middletown CT zip code 06547 is way east of NW NJ.
At 7PM it's 27 deg in Middletown CT at the time of your post it was in the low 30s, not so "BITTER COLD."

Last edited:

I just got off the phone with my brother...it's BITTER COLD in New England...right now 19 deg in northwestern NJ.
Northwestern NJ is in the mountains. Middletown CT zip code 06547 is way east of NW NJ.
At 7PM it's 27 deg in Middletown CT at the time of your post it was in the low 30s, not so "BITTER COLD."

Oh yeah...27 deg. is a goddam heat wave...GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!!!

You just can't do without your Straw Men.

I didn't say 27 deg was a "GD heatwave," I said it wasn't "BITTER COLD" as you exaggerated it to be.
It happens to be around the seasonal average for the area.

You just can't do without your Straw Men.

I didn't say 27 deg was a "GD heatwave," I said it wasn't "BITTER COLD" as you exaggerated it to be.
It happens to be around the seasonal average for the area.

Shut up ed

The term "MASS" casualties sounds a bit SCARY doesn't it? I wonder WHY they would use the term "MASS CASUALTIES"?

The local police.

Power Plant Explosion in Middletown; reports of numerous casualties - The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT

Look at some of the messages left by locals.
It looks like people felt it 20 miles away.

When I first found this article, it did say mass casualties, since then it has been changed, actually very soon after the first reports, to numerous casualties.

Will FOX News apologize?

Using hysteria to get keep viewership overly hyped up...they will use any story. The commentators over there at FOX are always outraged, shocked and dusgusted at the most mundane things.

:rofl:

Boy, can those FOX News hounds bury a thread in inanities in order to ignore the ugly truth.

FOX went with what was most hysterical....and used unnamed sources to do so.

irresponsible

The local police.

Power Plant Explosion in Middletown; reports of numerous casualties - The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT

Look at some of the messages left by locals.
It looks like people felt it 20 miles away.

When I first found this article, it did say mass casualties, since then it has been changed, actually very soon after the first reports, to numerous casualties.

Will FOX News apologize?

Using hysteria to get keep viewership overly hyped up...they will use any story. The commentators over there at FOX are always outraged, shocked and dusgusted at the most mundane things.

Boy, can those FOX News hounds bury a thread in inanities in order to ignore the ugly truth.

irresponsible
and what you missed is that EVERYONE was saying that
what a dipshit thing for you to be fixated on

Will FOX News apologize?

irresponsible
and what you missed is that EVERYONE was saying that
what a dipshit thing for you to be fixated on

He must have been getting up to get another bottle.

Forum List

Back