BREAKING NEWS: Explosion at CT Power Plant has caused "Mass Casualties"

What kind of power plant?

CNN article:

The blast happened about 11:30 a.m. Sunday at the Kleen Power Plant in Middletown, a suburb of Hartford.

The plant's general manager, Gordon Holk, confirmed the blast caused casualties, but wasn't sure how many. Fire and police officials in Middletown said there were "mass casualties," but no other details were immediately available.

The site is a 620-megawatt gas-fired power plant, according to Holk.

Kleen Energy plant in CN, FOX is reporting it's a green energy plant, but as always with the first reports, they might have just gotten confused by the name. Time will tell, sounds pretty bad, they are saying they are calling in extra emergency crews from the surrounding areas.

Kleen Energy plant in CN, FOX is reporting it's a green energy plant, but as always with the first reports, they might have just gotten confused by the name. Time will tell, sounds pretty bad, they are saying they are calling in extra emergency crews from the surrounding areas.

Yep. Everyone is being kept away as per usual but the authorities are the ones saying "mass casualties." I don't know how they define it, but it sounds bad either way you put it.

And CNN talked to the plant manager.

Last edited:
"Mass Casualties" is an emergency management term----could mean anything.

Still sound horrible tho and a hell of a lot of people just got notified that their day has begun in earnest.

While I donl3 doubt the factual nature of the story, I have to wonder what the spin is. Considering what and how the FOX News hounds @ USMB have been hysterically screaming about lately....a fact check on the details is in order. Mass casualties, Explosion? how loosely are these terms being used?

Not saying it's not true, just saying reader beware.

While I donl3 doubt the factual nature of the story, I have to wonder what the spin is. Considering what and how the FOX News hounds @ USMB have been hysterically screaming about lately....a fact check on the details is in order. Mass casualties, Explosion? how loosely are these terms being used?

Not saying it's not true, just saying reader beware.

Fox News is not the only one reporting the mass casualty line you dumb ass.

And one question that needs answering right quick is was it an accident or deliberate?

Two dead is mass casualties?

Not like you.

cas⋅u⋅al⋅ty  [kazh-oo-uhl-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties.
1. Military.
a. a member of the armed forces lost to service through death, wounds, sickness, capture, or because his or her whereabouts or condition cannot be determined.
b. casualties, loss in numerical strength through any cause, as death, wounds, sickness, capture, or desertion.
2. one who is injured or killed in an accident: There were no casualties in the traffic accident.
3. any person, group, thing, etc., that is harmed or destroyed as a result of some act or event: Their house was a casualty of the fire.
4. a serious accident, esp. one involving bodily injury or death.

What kind of power plant?

CNN article:

The blast happened about 11:30 a.m. Sunday at the Kleen Power Plant in Middletown, a suburb of Hartford.

The plant's general manager, Gordon Holk, confirmed the blast caused casualties, but wasn't sure how many. Fire and police officials in Middletown said there were "mass casualties," but no other details were immediately available.

The site is a 620-megawatt gas-fired power plant, according to Holk.
How did you nd FOX go from ''wasn't sure how many'' to ''Mass Casualties?''
BREAKING NEWS: Explosion at CT Power Plant has caused "Mass Casualties"
This is being reported by...Fox...
When wingnuts and moonbats fly...they soar. :cuckoo:

:cool:
D.

Forum List

Back