Breaking News: Coors Decides To Run For President

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
The GOP led SCOTUS says Coors has the same free speech as every citizen.

Doesn't the Coors Corporation, a corp with all the free speech rights as every citizen, have the constitutional right to exercise that free speech right to it's full extent?

Doen't Coors as a Corporate entity meet all the legal requirements needed to run for political office? It's old enough and natural, and native born.

Doesn't the Coors Corporation, a corp with all the free speech rights as every citizen, have the constitutional right to exercise that free speech right to it's full extent?

Doen't Coors as a Corporate entity meet all the legal requirements needed to run for political office? It's old enough and natural, and native born.

I know you are trying to be fecitious.. but this is plain stupid.

Coors vs 0bama.....

Coors makes a superior product and sells it for a rational price.
Coors is less a tool of corporate and union special interests...

Easy.
Coors makes you feel good, till you wake up in the morning....... Well, there it is a wash.
Coors is in almost every country except Cuba and Nkorea and Iran. Coors has lots more Foreign policy experience

Hey, I think the choice is obvious.

Hey, maybe they'll let us marry corporations too!!! Wouldn't that be fun?!? Married to a cold, uncaring gold-digger to the nth degree? Awesomeness.

Hey, maybe they'll let us marry corporations too!!! Wouldn't that be fun?!? Married to a cold, uncaring gold-digger to the nth degree? Awesomeness.

already been there.

Ah! You have X issues too. I wouldn't compare mine to a corp. I would compare mine to the DMV... Always making you wait, never satisfied, and made you jump through so many hoops to get what you wanted.

already been there.

Ah! You have X issues too. I wouldn't compare mine to a corp. I would compare mine to the DMV... Always making you wait, never satisfied, and made you jump through so many hoops to get what you wanted.

I think my ex just divorced #4. I was number 2 for her.

Ahh but to be young and stupid again...

Not really. I am only trying to follow the logical applications of a GOP led SCOTUS ruling, that conservatives say extends/grants the equal protection and equal speech rights enumerated in the US Constitution, to corporate entities.

Conservatives argue that non citizens and non combatant enimies are not covered by the US Constitution...so, I assume conservatives argue that corporations are equal to citizens, since corps are entitled to the same rights as citizens.

Where am I wrong?

Not really. I am only trying to follow the logical applications of a GOP led SCOTUS ruling, that conservatives say extends/grants the equal protection and equal speech rights enumerated in the US Constitution, to corporate entities.

Conservatives argue that non citizens and non combatant enimies are not covered by the US Constitution...so, I assume conservatives argue that corporations are equal to citizens, since corps are entitled to the same rights as citizens.

Where am I wrong?

uh---maybe because corporations haven't been given ALL the rights that an individual citizen has ?

Where am I wrong?

uh---maybe because corporations haven't been given ALL the rights that an individual citizen has ?

They can "marry" and "divorce" and spawn offspring.....What else is left?

U.S. Supreme Court
Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific R. Co., 118 U.S. 394 (1886)
Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad Company

Argued January 26-29, 1886

Decided May 10, 1886

118 U.S. 394

ERROR TO THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE UNITED

STATES FOR THE DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA

Syllabus

The defendant Corporations are persons within the intent of the clause in section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which forbids a state to deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
SANTA CLARA COUNTY V. SOUTHERN PACIFIC R. CO., 118 U. S. 394 (1886) -- US Supreme Court Cases from Justia & Oyez

USSC corporate citizenship history....
USSC corporate citizenship history - Google Search

Nothing really new, radical or activist going on here. Just slapping down some bad law and helping keep us all a little more free.

Nothing really new, radical or activist going on here. Just slapping down some bad law and helping keep the robber barons a little more free.

FIXED. Come on, you know this does not help the majority of US citizens even one little bit. If anything, our voice has been all but silenced... sold to the highest bidder.

Forum List

Back