BREAKING NEWS: Chi @ GB - People walking out of the stands!!!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by xotoxi, Sep 28, 2017.

1. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,102
    So once again...you want to talk but tell someone else to stfu. Sad.

2. neutralzone1

neutralzone1 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    "To Colin K's credit, he donated some of his salary if I recall correctly, which by and large is more effective than a symbolic, somewhat (or very) offensive action at the workplace, which targets an entire nation."[/QUOTE]

----Yeah, I think I read he donated 1 mil. Not bad, that ought to be about 10 bucks apiece. There are more black activist groups protesting this issue than there are actual incidents.
    Groups affiliated with Black Lives Matter release agenda
    By ERRIN HAINES WHACK

A coalition of more than 60 organizations affiliated with the Black Lives Matter movement called for policing and criminal justice reforms in a list of demands.

Th following link is a directory to some of them. I think they take donations. btw: I guess you can add he nfl to the list.

Black-Led Racial Justice Organizations

A small sampling from the list

Movement for Black Lives organizations and key movement supporters:

• Black Alliance for Justice Immigration: BAJI educates and engages African American and black immigrant communities to organize and advocate for racial, social and economic justice. Local BAJI Organizing Committees in New York, Georgia, California and Arizona build coalitions and initiate campaigns among communities to push for racial justice.

• Blackbird/Ferguson Action: Strategic communications and rapid-response organizing to support Black-led organizing through the Movement for Black Lives.
    Here's one I might consider signing up for if they let me do the collecting. :laugh:

Blackout Collective: Full service Black direct action collective.

-----Kaepernick should have been suspended day 1 under the nfl Personal Conduct Policy---
    "It is a privilege to be part of the National Football League"

"Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal,[nope] violent,[nope] dangerous[nope], or irresponsible puts innocent victims at risk,[nope] damages the reputation of others in the game,[nope?] and undercuts public respect and support for the NFL."

"AND UNDERCUTS PUBLIC RESPECT AND SUPPORT FOR THE NFL." well now, we got a goodie catch all here.

He should have been suspended pending investigation given his walking papers and a batch of brochures from the above directory and advised to do his thing on his own time.

Frankly, the same applies to all the players.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Freewill

Freewill Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,505
    I predict that this week every team will be standing, maybe with locked arms but standing. This will be under direction from the rich team owners. The Steelers players have already said they will be on the field standing.

4. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,368
    the NO FANS LEFT LEAGUE.which the NFL helped greatly bring morons letting the chargers go to LA.:rolleyes:

5. Missourian

Missourian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,627
    Yes, I agree, this was a very unfortunate misunderstanding that resulted in the death of Mr Castile.

Police enter an interaction with a black man with a heightened sense of danger...because it is more dangerous.

This didn't happen in a vacuum...these officers are conditioned by the interactions they experience everyday. When police interact with white businessmen in suits, and 999 times out of 1,000 police have an uneventful encounter, that builds a conditioned response. Conversely, when police interact with black drivers in cars that reek of Marijuana, what type of encounter do you expect that interaction results in regularly?

When 52% of homicides nationwide and 38.5% of all violent crimes are committed by 7% of the population, black males, that statistically makes the interactions with black males absolutely more dangerous.

I understand your point, and it is an admirable position. But what you are asking is for police to act in way contrary to their own experience. Their own self preservation instinct are never going to allow this. Nothing is going to change until the black community changes. Police won't stop responding to encounters with black citizens with a heighten sense of danger until such a time as the actual probability of a dangerous interaction is reduced.

6. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,354
    So I guess we are just fucked.

7. Issa

Issa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +867
    I did the same...and I never watch the NFL lol. Trumpsters are very sensitive!!!

• Winner Winner x 1