BREAKING NEWS: Chi @ GB - People walking out of the stands!!!

I'm just telling you what a true patriot is. A true patriot would love to see the first amendment in action, even if they don't agree with it.

You are seeing the first amendment in action...people are protesting the disrespecting of the flag and the country.

So, True Patriot...stfu and quit judging.
If you are really for the First Amendment...why do you want people to stfu?

He said as a True Patriot, he should not judge... so what the fuck are you asking me for? Ask him.
Are you not the one who told him to stfu?
I said "stfu and quit judging"...holding him to his own standard. If you can't see the calling out of hypocrisy in my statement...sorry...I don't have time to draw you picture.
So once again...you want to talk but tell someone else to stfu. Sad.

A true patriot will not judge another American for protesting in a civilized manner.
BS, you are judging about people judging everyone makes value judgements everyone judges. Hypocrite.

I'm just telling you what a true patriot is. A true patriot would love to see the first amendment in action, even if they don't agree with it.

You are seeing the first amendment in action...people are protesting the disrespecting of the flag and the country.

So, True Patriot...stfu and quit judging.

Which is more important to you (i.e. which would you like to no longer see again):

That people not kneel when the National Anthem is played?

or

That black people not be shot to death at routine traffic stops?

Unfortunately, similar to the link between the Paris Accord and addressing climate change, I don't see how taking a knee for the anthem alters the behaviour of bad police/policing, and/or unfortunate encounters where the police aggression was warranted.

Now if all these players donated 10-20% of their salaries, or took a Wednesday off to go speak at groups working to address concerns in the community etc, I could see the benefit. To Colin K's credit, he donated some of his salary if I recall correctly, which by and large is more effective than a symbolic, somewhat (or very) offensive action at the workplace, which targets an entire nation.

"To Colin K's credit, he donated some of his salary if I recall correctly, which by and large is more effective than a symbolic, somewhat (or very) offensive action at the workplace, which targets an entire nation."[/QUOTE]

----Yeah, I think I read he donated 1 mil. Not bad, that ought to be about 10 bucks apiece. There are more black activist groups protesting this issue than there are actual incidents.
Groups affiliated with Black Lives Matter release agenda
By ERRIN HAINES WHACK

A coalition of more than 60 organizations affiliated with the Black Lives Matter movement called for policing and criminal justice reforms in a list of demands.

Th following link is a directory to some of them. I think they take donations. btw: I guess you can add he nfl to the list.

Black-Led Racial Justice Organizations

A small sampling from the list

Movement for Black Lives organizations and key movement supporters:

• Black Alliance for Justice Immigration: BAJI educates and engages African American and black immigrant communities to organize and advocate for racial, social and economic justice. Local BAJI Organizing Committees in New York, Georgia, California and Arizona build coalitions and initiate campaigns among communities to push for racial justice.

• Blackbird/Ferguson Action: Strategic communications and rapid-response organizing to support Black-led organizing through the Movement for Black Lives.
Here's one I might consider signing up for if they let me do the collecting. :laugh:

Blackout Collective: Full service Black direct action collective.

-----Kaepernick should have been suspended day 1 under the nfl Personal Conduct Policy---
"It is a privilege to be part of the National Football League"

"Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal,[nope] violent,[nope] dangerous[nope], or irresponsible puts innocent victims at risk,[nope] damages the reputation of others in the game,[nope?] and undercuts public respect and support for the NFL."

"AND UNDERCUTS PUBLIC RESPECT AND SUPPORT FOR THE NFL." well now, we got a goodie catch all here.

He should have been suspended pending investigation given his walking papers and a batch of brochures from the above directory and advised to do his thing on his own time.

Frankly, the same applies to all the players.

I predict that this week every team will be standing, maybe with locked arms but standing. This will be under direction from the rich team owners. The Steelers players have already said they will be on the field standing.

Your plan is a very smart way of approaching the situation properly. Obviously Castile did not know this or chose not to follow this when he was shot. I'm sure you would agree that this does not make him a "criminal resisting police capture" but rather a man who made a mistake or a very bad choice.

Yes, I agree, this was a very unfortunate misunderstanding that resulted in the death of Mr Castile.

believe the bigger issue here that the protestors are trying to bring to the forefront is that police enter an interaction with a black man with a heightened sense of danger...which is far more likely to end in tragedy.

If a white man in a business suit driving a Mercedes was in the same exact situation as the above, and did the exact same thing, the officer possibly would have told the man: "bring the gun out slowly with your finger off the trigger and place it on the dash". Maybe not...I don't know.

Police enter an interaction with a black man with a heightened sense of danger...because it is more dangerous.

This didn't happen in a vacuum...these officers are conditioned by the interactions they experience everyday. When police interact with white businessmen in suits, and 999 times out of 1,000 police have an uneventful encounter, that builds a conditioned response. Conversely, when police interact with black drivers in cars that reek of Marijuana, what type of encounter do you expect that interaction results in regularly?

When 52% of homicides nationwide and 38.5% of all violent crimes are committed by 7% of the population, black males, that statistically makes the interactions with black males absolutely more dangerous.

In my opinion, the protest is for a good reason...to increase awareness, to make people think before acting. It would be nice if the protest turned into action to force politicians to admit there is a problem, to increase/improve training of LEOs on how to diffuse situations, and to encourage and teach civilians (especially young black men and boys) on how to safely and respectfully deal with authority.

The problem is multifactorial and both sides have a role to play. However, one side has guns and power, while the other side is economically disadvantaged and has historically been oppressed.

I understand your point, and it is an admirable position. But what you are asking is for police to act in way contrary to their own experience. Their own self preservation instinct are never going to allow this. Nothing is going to change until the black community changes. Police won't stop responding to encounters with black citizens with a heighten sense of danger until such a time as the actual probability of a dangerous interaction is reduced.

Your plan is a very smart way of approaching the situation properly. Obviously Castile did not know this or chose not to follow this when he was shot. I'm sure you would agree that this does not make him a "criminal resisting police capture" but rather a man who made a mistake or a very bad choice.

Yes, I agree, this was a very unfortunate misunderstanding that resulted in the death of Mr Castile.

believe the bigger issue here that the protestors are trying to bring to the forefront is that police enter an interaction with a black man with a heightened sense of danger...which is far more likely to end in tragedy.

If a white man in a business suit driving a Mercedes was in the same exact situation as the above, and did the exact same thing, the officer possibly would have told the man: "bring the gun out slowly with your finger off the trigger and place it on the dash". Maybe not...I don't know.

Police enter an interaction with a black man with a heightened sense of danger...because it is more dangerous.

This didn't happen in a vacuum...these officers are conditioned by the interactions they experience everyday. When police interact with white businessmen in suits, and 999 times out of 1,000 police have an uneventful encounter, that builds a conditioned response. Conversely, when police interact with black drivers in cars that reek of Marijuana, what type of encounter do you expect that interaction results in regularly?

When 52% of homicides nationwide and 38.5% of all violent crimes are committed by 7% of the population, black males, that statistically makes the interactions with black males absolutely more dangerous.

In my opinion, the protest is for a good reason...to increase awareness, to make people think before acting. It would be nice if the protest turned into action to force politicians to admit there is a problem, to increase/improve training of LEOs on how to diffuse situations, and to encourage and teach civilians (especially young black men and boys) on how to safely and respectfully deal with authority.

The problem is multifactorial and both sides have a role to play. However, one side has guns and power, while the other side is economically disadvantaged and has historically been oppressed.

I understand your point, and it is an admirable position. But what you are asking is for police to act in way contrary to their own experience. Their own self preservation instinct are never going to allow this. Nothing is going to change until the black community changes. Police won't stop responding to encounters with black citizens with a heighten sense of danger until such a time as the actual probability of a dangerous interaction is reduced.

So I guess we are just fucked.

Forum List

Back