BREAKING NEWS: Chi @ GB - People walking out of the stands!!!

Packers Fans Appear to Largely Ignore Request to Link Arms During National Anthem

Vast majority place their hands over their heart, face the flag and sing.

Some salute.

Yeah I watched the anthem as I happened to click through. I noticed they showed 3 or 4 arms linked and they didn't seem to be able to find many others in the crowd (and might not have shown it and not upset the viewer). I also saw many angry fans screaming down at the players as they locked arms and many yelling "USA! USA!" in protest I imagine.

The request backfired and as time goes on they will learn that they are costing their owners money, which will cost them when they renegotiate their contracts. I expect this will slowly stop, nothing speaks louder than money.

That's right NFL!!! People are walking out of Lambeau Field!!!

I think that Trumps thunderous words struck like lightning! The NFL is DONE!
I seriously doubt anyone is walking out on a game that GB was winning by 14. (it was on drudge)

The reason is that they paid out the ass to see the millionaire whiners play, who is going to throw that money away? I would request they boycott the concession stands. So I expect the place to be full. Especially considering that most people never served a day in their life. Never had to sacrifice one minute of their time for anyone other then themselves, so they will continue. BUT the stadium is a small part of the desired audience. Turning it off at home costs nothing, let's see if true patriots turn out in sufficient numbers.

A true patriot will not judge another American for protesting in a civilized manner.

Yeah I watched the anthem as I happened to click through. I noticed they showed 3 or 4 arms linked and they didn't seem to be able to find many others. I also saw many angry fans screaming down at the players as they locked arms and many yelling "USA! USA!" in protest I imagine.

People were yelling "USA! USA!" during the anthem???

And these are people who think quietly kneeling is disrespectful?

I seriously doubt anyone is walking out on a game that GB was winning by 14. (it was on drudge)

The reason is that they paid out the ass to see the millionaire whiners play, who is going to throw that money away? I would request they boycott the concession stands. So I expect the place to be full. Especially considering that most people never served a day in their life. Never had to sacrifice one minute of their time for anyone other then themselves, so they will continue. BUT the stadium is a small part of the desired audience. Turning it off at home costs nothing, let's see if true patriots turn out in sufficient numbers.

A true patriot will not judge another American for protesting in a civilized manner.
BS, you are judging about people judging everyone makes value judgements everyone judges. Hypocrite.

Yeah I watched the anthem as I happened to click through. I noticed they showed 3 or 4 arms linked and they didn't seem to be able to find many others. I also saw many angry fans screaming down at the players as they locked arms and many yelling "USA! USA!" in protest I imagine.

People were yelling "USA! USA!" during the anthem???

And these are people who think quietly kneeling is disrespectful?
No before the anthem began, as the players waited with their arms locked.

As an aside, I don't know who the country singer was who sang the anthem, but he didn't really bring his "A" game in my opinion.

Packers Fans Appear to Largely Ignore Request to Link Arms During National Anthem

Some salute.

Yeah I watched the anthem as I happened to click through. I noticed they showed 3 or 4 arms linked and they didn't seem to be able to find many others in the crowd (and might not have shown it and not upset the viewer). I also saw many angry fans screaming down at the players as they locked arms and many yelling "USA! USA!" in protest I imagine.

The request backfired and as time goes on they will learn that they are costing their owners money, which will cost them when they renegotiate their contracts. I expect this will slowly stop, nothing speaks louder than money.
The crowds were shouting during the Nat'l Anthem? How disrespectful. Sad.

BS, you are judging about people judging everyone makes value judgements everyone judges. Hypocrite.

I'm just telling you what a true patriot is. A true patriot would love to see the first amendment in action, even if they don't agree with it.

I'm just telling you what a true patriot is. A true patriot would love to see the first amendment in action, even if they don't agree with it.
For gosh sake, you start this thread with utter rubbish and now you are doubling down. The "protests" are NOT A FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUE. The first amendment does not cover workers in a private industry. Wow folks really need to do some reading and not just repeating.

Last edited:

Some salute.

Link every comment, every tweet, every facebook post regarding unpatriotic NFL disrespecting the #Budweiser...that will get their attention.

Some salute.

Link every comment, every tweet, every facebook post regarding unpatriotic NFL disrespecting the #Budweiser...that will get their attention.
OMIGOD! They are disrespecting the Budweiser?????????

NOT THE BUDWEISER!!!!!!

Budweiser sucks

You are seeing the first amendment in action...people are protesting the disrespecting of the flag and the country.

So, True Patriot...stfu and quit judging.

You are seeing the first amendment in action...people are protesting the disrespecting of the flag and the country.

If you are really for the First Amendment...why do you want people to stfu?

Some salute.

OMIGOD! They are disrespecting the Budweiser?????????

NOT THE BUDWEISER!!!!!!
Budweiser pays the NFL BILLIONS in advertising. I'm sure their web analytics algorithms monitor social media intently for just such brand damage.

People walking out of the stands!!!

It only takes two to be "people". And two is probably all that left.

He said as a True Patriot, he should not judge... so what the fuck are you asking me for? Ask him.

He said as a True Patriot, he should not judge... so what the fuck are you asking me for? Ask him.
Are you not the one who told him to stfu?

They also interviewed some fans who were entering the stadium, the few that I heard stated the same "leave politics out of football". Pretty simple request. Even a former soldier who said he understands why they do what they do and supports their right, but he will always put his hand on his heart.

This is one issue I am not very flexible on. I just think that too many fight and die for that flag for one to make it an issue. As some are stating, they are even going beyond the original intent to basically make it a "anti-Trump" kneel. Not cool and no more logical than Snowflake alt-lefts who protested the democratic election results, simply because their horse didn't win.

Considering these players are pursuing their dreams, can leave the field and freely have a night on the town if they want and enjoy their lives in America, their home country is a massive luxury. Some solder is in a barracks somewhere or fighting in some other hellhole so that these players won't face an enemy in their own country and they and their families can be safe and free.

I couldn't imagine in 1000 years not standing for the anthem. It's just not in line with my world view, not part of my DNA.

Last edited:

Which is more important to you (i.e. which would you like to no longer see again):

That people not kneel when the National Anthem is played?

or

That black people not be shot to death at routine traffic stops?

Forum List

Back