BREAKING NEWS: Appeals court rules part of President Obama’s health care law unconsti

Well hallelujah!!! Just about when I'm convinced our entire court system has gone over the dark side, they exercise some common sense and actually hold up the original intent of the Constitution.

Now, the question is, will our law professor POTUS accept this ruling? Or will he deem it within his right to ignore it as he has all the other rulings?

Yes and this court is high enough to get the attention of the Supreme Court, The ruling will have respect from the Supreme Court.

They may have repealed a part of it, but the consequences are far reaching. A great deal of the math to make this work depended on everyone being included. Especially the young who don't need the medical care as much. That supported the older folks who needed more.

Combine that with the exceptions granted many big corporations and you have a total loser plan.

Is this really what we want from our Government? Forcing Citizens to purchase something by way of threats & force? The Mandate has to be ended. It's just not right.

No it's not, because if they are allowed to do this, then they will be mandating that we purchase a gym membership or they could tell us what we couldn't buy, it's a huge can of worms. You never want to give the government that much power.

The 11th Circuit U.s. Court of Appeals in Atlanta, Georgia has declared the "individual mandate" provision of President Obama's health care bill unconstitutional, Reuters reports.

The court said that Congress cannot "mandate that individuals enter into contracts with private insurance companies for the purchase of an expensive product from the time they are born until the time they die," according to Phillip Klein of the Washington Examiner.

Klein writes that the three-person court includes two Democrats, "so this will be hard for the Obama administration to dismiss as the work of a lone activist conservative judge."

11th Circuit Declares "Individual Mandate" Unconstitutional

Is this really what we want from our Government? Forcing Citizens to purchase something by way of threats & force? The Mandate has to be ended. It's just not right.

No it's not, because if they are allowed to do this, then they will be mandating that we purchase a gym membership or they could tell us what we couldn't buy, it's a huge can of worms. You never want to give the government that much power.

Yeah, next they'll be forcing us to pay taxes.

Cool. Lets get rid of licenses next.

Then we can work on copyrights. Heck..maybe even patents are unconstitional..even if they are in the constitution.

And maybe the mandate that hospitals must take patients is unconstitutional too.

I see dead people. :clap2:

Doesn't change anything

Some courts have approved it others have denied

Have to wait for that 5-4 Supreme Court decision

What makes you think the SC has to hear it? They can simply decide the appellate court is correct.

I would think that is how the Supreme Court will handle it. Otherwise, it opens up a whole slew of possibilities for future Congresional acts. Accepting the lower court's ruling limits the scope.

True.

A standing professional army under federal control was never mandated by the Constitution and it should be disbanded.

Militias are the way to go! :clap2:

The country is on fire with problems and BO hasn't a clue as to which way to run so he will go on vacation next week. Many Americans can't afford vacations this year because of him and his buddies.

Doesn't change anything

Some courts have approved it others have denied

Have to wait for that 5-4 Supreme Court decision

What makes you think the SC has to hear it? They can simply decide the appellate court is correct.

I would think that is how the Supreme Court will handle it. Otherwise, it opens up a whole slew of possibilities for future Congresional acts. Accepting the lower court's ruling limits the scope.

Which one?

Appellate Court Judge Rules Obamacare Is Constitutional

The country is on fire with problems and BO hasn't a clue as to which way to run so he will go on vacation next week. Many Americans can't afford vacations this year because of him and his buddies.

He is never on vacation.

Ever work at a job were you were on call 24/7? Well, take that experience and multiply it by say 100. The man does not get a vacation for 4 years. He is on the job for every minute of every day for the entire length of his term even while taking a crap.

Immie

Then we can work on copyrights. Heck..maybe even patents are unconstitional..even if they are in the constitution.

And maybe the mandate that hospitals must take patients is unconstitutional too.

Thank you Captain Hyperbole....:lol:

CaptainHyperbole.jpg

What an ultra maroon...

Last edited:

Thank you Captain Hyperbole....:lol:

CaptainHyperbole.jpg

What an ultra maroon...

So, can we finally dispense with the notion that this guy's the smartest guy in any room?

:lol:

I was listening to big 0 on the net yesterday. He called for Congress to remove many of the regs on copyrights and patents. :eusa_whistle:

is this really what we want from our government? Forcing citizens to purchase something by way of threats & force? The mandate has to be ended. It's just not right.

cool. Lets get rid of licenses next.

i was listening to big 0 on the net yesterday. He called for congress to remove many of the regs on copyrights and patents. :eusa_whistle:

doh!!!!!!

Forum List

Back