BREAKING NEWS: Alaska Legislature

Unfortunately for her the terms of the statute are so broad they encompass the efforts - by her husband who isn't subject to the statute - to get his ex-brother in law kicked out of the Alaska State Troopers. You mentioned omission. Quite right. Again the broad terms of the statute gather her in. She apparently needed to act to stop her husband continuing his actions and she didn't.

Now, putting things in perspective. She won't be charge criminally. Nor should she I think. If she weren't campaigning for VP then anyone hearing this story would make the usual jokes about Alaska (probably the same jokes we make here about isolated areas but with snow instead of sand) then this would be a ripple in Alaska politics. I would go so far as to think that no-one would be thinking about recall let alone impeachment.

But it's all fair game in an campaign process that emphasises character.

I'd like to see that Alaska statute here but there would be no chance of it.
you do realize that if the trooper(Wooten) had been fired it would have been detremental to her families finances
specifically her sister and her nephew
since Wooten would then have been out of work, there would have been no income from which to draw child support

kinda kills that meme

you do realize that if the trooper(Wooten) had been fired it would have been detremental to her families finances
since Wooten would then have been out of work, there would have been no income from which to draw child support

kinda kills that meme
:rofl: Is that the official McCain press release, she didn't want her brother-in-law fired?

kinda kills that meme

Strawman.

So, why did she try and have him fired for then? Surely his boss (who is after all the main victim in all this) would have happily fired the trooper if he was incompetent. Why wouldn't he? he didn't, so your vindictive "hockey mom" decided to act like a tosser. Go figure - a religous neocon whackjob acting like a tosser. Unbelievable!

Strawman.

So, why did she try and have him fired for then? Surely his boss (who is after all the main victim in all this) would have happily fired the trooper if he was incompetent. Why wouldn't he? he didn't, so your vindictive "hockey mom" decided to act like a tosser. Go figure - a religous neocon whackjob acting like a tosser. Unbelievable!
how the fuck is that a strawman?
wow you are being even more of an idiot that usual

because he made the rest of the troopers look bad
it was bad for the state

and his boss, was fired because he wasnt doing HIS job

Last edited:
An aussie from Victoria and the board retard agree on something, how drool.

Rock, I'll take a lot of shit from you before I give you a drubbing but calling me "from Victoria" is going too fucking far! Get yer baseball bat out, yer gunna need it. :badgrin:

Missed it earlier - just as well I'm in a good mood though.

kinda kills that meme

No meme old son, right there in the report. And who's not to say old Toddy boy is too dumb to realise it anyway? :lol:

Come on Todd and the Mrs would have slung a few bob at them. Jeez that sound I hear, is it, yes, it is.....scraping, yes definitely scraping.

No meme old son, right there in the report. And who's not to say old Toddy boy is too dumb to realise it anyway? :lol:

Come on Todd and the Mrs would have slung a few bob at them. Jeez that sound I hear, is it, yes, it is.....scraping, yes definitely scraping.

YA Sarah is a real tyrant for trying to protect her sister from an abusive asshole. She should have let the authorities handle it. Those TROs always work so well. :lol:

YA Sarah is a real tyrant for trying to protect her sister from an abusive asshole. She should have let the authorities handle it. Those TROs always work so well. :lol:

Stop making excuses, there is a right way and a wrong way to do something, if the guy was so bad then why couldnt they get rid of him without abusing power. Your so fricken hard headed, you would like Palin no matter what and you have proved that time and time with your posts. Just another Angry woman voting for bullshit.

Stop making excuses, there is a right way and a wrong way to do something, if the guy was so bad then why couldnt they get rid of him without abusing power. Your so fricken hard headed, you would like Palin no matter what and you have proved that time and time with your posts. Just another Angry woman voting for bullshit.

Just like there is a right place and a wrong place to get a blow job ? And a right place and a wrong place to lie about it ? As soon as you are willing to set some standards that don't flip flop to your advantage , I'm more than willing to play.

So it's okay for someone to call on the Governor's office to help them out personally? Alaskans will be happy with that no doubt. She's going to be a busy girl is your Sarah.

they think it makes her a Maverick to break the laws she swore on the bible to protect.

Oh the Mavericky goodness.

Now I understand why you're a republican.

Theoretically speaking, if you worked for a credit rating agency, you would have no problem using your employer's power, to screw up the credit of an ex-wife or girlfriend, and you would find nothing ethically wrong with that.

Now I understand why you're a republican.

Theoretically speaking, if you worked for a credit rating agency, you would have no problem using your employer's power, to screw up the credit of an ex-wife or girlfriend, and you would find nothing ethically wrong with that.

Pull some more crap from outer space, Captain Space Cadet.

Pull some more crap from outer space, Captain Space Cadet.
He said theoretically. If the poster does not find anything wrong with Palin using her authority as governor to pursue a personal agenda of destroying a trooper's livelihood because she didn't like him, then the principle should apply to the credit agency example given.
You can disagree that it reflects the same values, but please explain how it is different and discuss it reasonably rather than spitting out inane drivel.

Last edited:
He said theoretically. If the poster does not find anything wrong with Palin using her authority as governor to pursue a personal agenda of destroying a trooper's livelihood because she didn't like him, then the principle should apply to the credit agency example given.
You can disagree that it reflects the same values, but please explain how it is different and discuss it reasonably rather than spitting out inane drivel.
but thats not the case
someone with Wootens record SHOULDNT be in law enforcement

someone with Wootens record SHOULDNT be in law enforcement
Can you give me a link to his record. I've found a few documents, but more would give me a better overall picture. Primary sources are preferred.

Forum List

Back