BREAKING: Netanyahu Defeats Primary Leadership Challenge In A Landslide

I like BiBi but I'm a goy Aussie. Can't Israel do to Hamas etc what Old King Hussein of Jordan did to hasafat?

Greg

Israel is not Ashraf Jordan.
The Black September was King Hussein mass killing his own people.
When we have our King the Arabs won't dare consider anything or even yawn to our side, and it won't be war, they just won't dare.

It's like when the mountain Jews started arriving from Caucasus with their swords on horses...not a single village they guarded was ever attacked again. And it wasn't much about violence, You just intuitively know to not even start dealing with these people.
Arabs subconsciously know who the Jews are, they idealize our Kings so much as to turn them into Muslims in their writings, and will respect a Jewish King more than any of theirs.

I've said this many times, I really don't wish for Gazans what I see is coming - their suicidal govt sided with everyone's enemy in the neighborhood, and everyone is preparing like crazy, especially Egypt.

Netanyahu just knows there're harsh priorities in reality and context of the developments in the region, he also knows when not to bite for deflecting maneuvers.

"When we have our King"................huh? As a Constitutional Monarchist I drink to that. Long Live the King of Israel.

Greg

Not true. Never a genocide under any pretext. Even though many Palestinians & their supporters already claim "it's a genocide" Once again, fact is under Bibi's leadership never even close to a peace with the Palestinians. I hate war. But fact is when all else has failed, only war can bring a lasting peace. Cases in point, if not for war, the Nasi's would have ruled most of the world. If not for war, our USA would still be a British colony. If not for war, Japan would not now be an American friend & ally. And if not for war, Jordan would not be living in peace from their Palestinians.

No genocide. Israel must just stop placating Palestinian demands like a Jew free Gaza so they can thank Israel with rocket missiles. Get tough Israel & LET THERE BE PEACE SALRFEADY!

Jordan IS Palestinian, so the situations between Jordan and Israel are different. When you say that Israel and the Palestinians need to have a war, how do you envision it ending?

Black September in 1970 was kinda like America's Civil War, because Jordan is Palestinian. A war between Israel and the Palestinians would be more like 2 opposing sides. Are you saying that Israel should initiate a war in the West Bank, and drive out the 2 million or so Palestinians from there, during the duration of that war?

If I were prime minister I would first contact all leaders of the PA & Hamas & make it clear Israel wants a lasting peace. We will be happy to negotiate with any of you to reach an agreeable settlement at any time. For now, Israel will not kill a single Palestinian unless first being attacked by Palestinians. However, please understand if any Palestinian kills another single Israeli at any time starting now, Israel will retaliate in far greater force than ever before. So, what shall it be, peace or war? Your choice.
There are no political entity among the Palestinians that can credibly offer peace to Israel, there are irreconcilable differences between Israel and the Palestinians so there is no mutually agreeable settlement to be reached, and the threat of "greater force" has been in effect for at least a decade, so again, your complaints about Netanyahu make no sense.

Not true. Never a genocide under any pretext. Even though many Palestinians & their supporters already claim "it's a genocide" Once again, fact is under Bibi's leadership never even close to a peace with the Palestinians. I hate war. But fact is when all else has failed, only war can bring a lasting peace. Cases in point, if not for war, the Nasi's would have ruled most of the world. If not for war, our USA would still be a British colony. If not for war, Japan would not now be an American friend & ally. And if not for war, Jordan would not be living in peace from their Palestinians.

No genocide. Israel must just stop placating Palestinian demands like a Jew free Gaza so they can thank Israel with rocket missiles. Get tough Israel & LET THERE BE PEACE SALRFEADY!

Jordan IS Palestinian, so the situations between Jordan and Israel are different. When you say that Israel and the Palestinians need to have a war, how do you envision it ending?

Black September in 1970 was kinda like America's Civil War, because Jordan is Palestinian. A war between Israel and the Palestinians would be more like 2 opposing sides. Are you saying that Israel should initiate a war in the West Bank, and drive out the 2 million or so Palestinians from there, during the duration of that war?

If I were prime minister I would first contact all leaders of the PA & Hamas & make it clear Israel wants a lasting peace. We will be happy to negotiate with any of you to reach an agreeable settlement at any time. For now, Israel will not kill a single Palestinian unless first being attacked by Palestinians. However, please understand if any Palestinian kills another single Israeli at any time starting now, Israel will retaliate in far greater force than ever before. So, what shall it be, peace or war? Your choice.
There are no political entity among the Palestinians that can credibly offer peace to Israel, there are irreconcilable differences between Israel and the Palestinians so there is no mutually agreeable settlement to be reached, and the threat of "greater force" has been in effect for at least a decade, so again, your complaints about Netanyahu make no sense.

True, Netanyahu has levelled Gaza at least 3x already.

If there are "irreconcilable differences" then are you suggesting there can NEVER be a lasting peace between Israel & the Palestinians?

Irreconcilable differences result from history. And I would agree history can NEVER be forgotten. Nor should it ever be. However, history can be overcome for the better. Consider German/Jewish relations today Vs during the Nazi era. And what overcame that history was a change in leadership which I believe is needed in Israel for any hope of peace with the Palestinians.

If there are "irreconcilable differences" then are you suggesting there can NEVER be a lasting peace between Israel & the Palestinians?
First of all, your terminology is misleading. Does Israel have a lasting peace with the Egyptians? No, of course not. Israel has a lasting peace with the Egyptian government. Peace is made between governments, not between peoples. When talking about peace with "the Palestinians" this is a critical distinction since there is no political entity among the Palestinians that can credibly offer peace to Israel, so even before we talk about the irreconcilable differences, clearly there can be no lasting peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. Such an agreement would require a unified Palestinian government that was both willing and able to offer a lasting peace to Israel and there is no likelihood such a Palestinians government will appear in the foreseeable future. Therefore it makes no sense to talk about a peace agreement with the Palestinians now or in the foreseeable future.

To get back to the question of irreconcilable differences, the model for peace negotiations has been to offer land for peace and it has failed due to irreconcilable differences. Barak offered 95% of the land captured in the 1967 war along with joint jurisdiction over Jerusalem and the response was the second intifada and Olmert offered nearly 98% of the land and Abbas refused to respond. Clearly, land for peace was a failed approach when there was a unified Palestinian government and now that such a government does not exist, it makes no sense at all.

So for these reasons, I am saying that for these reasons a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians is impossible.

First of all, your terminology is misleading. Does Israel have a lasting peace with the Egyptians? No, of course not. Israel has a lasting peace with the Egyptian government. Peace is made between governments, not between peoples. When talking about peace with "the Palestinians" this is a critical distinction since there is no political entity among the Palestinians that can credibly offer peace to Israel, so even before we talk about the irreconcilable differences, clearly there can be no lasting peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. Such an agreement would require a unified Palestinian government that was both willing and able to offer a lasting peace to Israel and there is no likelihood such a Palestinians government will appear in the foreseeable future. Therefore it makes no sense to talk about a peace agreement with the Palestinians now or in the foreseeable future.

To get back to the question of irreconcilable differences, the model for peace negotiations has been to offer land for peace and it has failed due to irreconcilable differences. Barak offered 95% of the land captured in the 1967 war along with joint jurisdiction over Jerusalem and the response was the second intifada and Olmert offered nearly 98% of the land and Abbas refused to respond. Clearly, land for peace was a failed approach when there was a unified Palestinian government and now that such a government does not exist, it makes no sense at all.

So for these reasons, I am saying that for these reasons a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians is impossible.

In you comments, there lies the greatest obstacle to peace. "Peace is made between governments." And yet, not to be in this case. Perhaps the solution to a lasting peace would be --- anarchy is harmony, among the masses of people against the government of Netanyahu & the terrorist leaders of the Palestinian people.

In you comments, there lies the greatest obstacle to peace. "Peace is made between governments." And yet, not to be in this case. Perhaps the solution to a lasting peace would be --- anarchy is harmony, among the masses of people against the government of Netanyahu & the terrorist leaders of the Palestinian people.
Why against Netanyahu since your claim that peace with the Palestinians through either brutal force of negotiations is clearly not true? Whatever your reasons for being so hostile to Netanyahu, there is clearly no rational basis for claiming that if it were not for him peace with the Palestinians would be achievable.

For the third time now on this thread I repeat, under all the years of Bibi's administration there is still no peace with the Palestinians & never will be as long as he is Israel's prime minister. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

For the third time now on this thread I repeat, under all the years of Bibi's administration there is still no peace with the Palestinians & never will be as long as he is Israel's prime minister. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!
And it continues to make no sense. There was no peace before he was PM and there is no rational basis for believing there would be peace if he were not PM.

No matter. Time will come when the people on both sides of the conflict will have had enough of hatred, violence & death & overthrow their leaders.

No matter. Time will come when the people on both sides of the conflict will have had enough of hatred, violence & death & overthrow their leaders.
Of course it matters. It may be that some day in the distant future when the Palestinians will evolve to the point where they will be able to form a unified government that is willing and able to credibly offer peace to Israel but until that time Israel needs a leader who can manage the conflict with the Palestinian gangs in a way to minimize the damage they can do to Israelis and minimize the damage the conflict does to Israel's relations with other countries, and no leader has ever done thins nearly as well as Netanyahu has.

Obama was the most anti Israel US President in history, and no other Israeli leader has ever stood up to any US President as successfully as Netanyahu stood up to the unprecedented pressures Obama inflicted on Israel. There is no other potential PM I can think of who is smart enough, tough enough or has the finesse to stand up the hostile forces confronting Israel while at the same time maintaining good relations with the rest of the world as Netanyahu, certainly not Gantz or Lapid or Liberman or Sa'ar.

Of course it matters. It may be that some day in the distant future when the Palestinians will evolve to the point where they will be able to form a unified government that is willing and able to credibly offer peace to Israel but until that time Israel needs a leader who can manage the conflict with the Palestinian gangs in a way to minimize the damage they can do to Israelis and minimize the damage the conflict does to Israel's relations with other countries, and no leader has ever done thins nearly as well as Netanyahu has.

Obama was the most anti Israel US President in history, and no other Israeli leader has ever stood up to any US President as successfully as Netanyahu stood up to the unprecedented pressures Obama inflicted on Israel. There is no other potential PM I can think of who is smart enough, tough enough or has the finesse to stand up the hostile forces confronting Israel while at the same time maintaining good relations with the rest of the world as Netanyahu, certainly not Gantz or Lapid or Liberman or Sa'ar.

Dream on my friend. Hell will freeze over before "the Palestinians will evolve to the point where they will be able to form a unified government that is willing and able to credibly offer peace to Israel. Peace in the Levant should be between the peoples themselves, not any governments. And at some point I predict there will be enough dead for that to happen. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

Perhaps you & ForeverYoung are right that more excessive retaliation by Israel is no path for peace. If so, therefore it seems to me only the people themselves can reach out to establish a lasting peace in spite of Israel's government & the Palestinian leaders. Bless them all who do. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

Meet the Israeli and Palestinian teenage girls risking jail time to be friends - and to march for peace in the region
There is no problem with Israel's government with respect to making peace. Israelis have been trying to make peace with the Arabs for 100 years now, and while there have always been some Arabs who were willing they have always been few and without power or influence. If you can take off you political cap for a moment and put on your thinking cap, ask yourself, how would this process of people to people peace take place?

For several generations now Palestinians have been trained by every aspect of their culture to hate Jews, hate Israel and see them as the cause of all their troubles, so do you really think a few teenage girls marching and chanting slogans will undo all of this training? What could possibly overcome all of this training? Stakes of dead bodies hasn't worked, so what might? The answer is simple, economics. Not the kind of economics Trump seems to be proposing but mutually beneficial transactions between individual Palestinians and individual Israelis, and that in happening right now.

Everyday tens of thousands of Palestinians break PA law to go to work in Israeli settlements in Judea and Samaria earning several times what they could otherwise earn, and there are only rarely problems. If there were more job openings there would be hundreds of thousands of Palestinians working in Israeli settlements. This is what people to people peace looks like between Israelis and Palestinians, no politics, no slogans, just mutually beneficial transactions between Israelis and Palestinians on a daily basis. So how do you grow this relatively small area of people to people peace into a critical mass that could transform Palestinians society and make the price of conflict too great? Israel should do exactly the opposite of what most of the world is telling it to do, build, build, build in are C so that more and more Palestinians can enjoy the benefits of mutually beneficial transactions with Israelis.

Perhaps you & ForeverYoung are right that more excessive retaliation by Israel is no path for peace. If so, therefore it seems to me only the people themselves can reach out to establish a lasting peace in spite of Israel's government & the Palestinian leaders. Bless them all who do. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

Meet the Israeli and Palestinian teenage girls risking jail time to be friends - and to march for peace in the region
There is no problem with Israel's government with respect to making peace. Israelis have been trying to make peace with the Arabs for 100 years now, and while there have always been some Arabs who were willing they have always been few and without power or influence. If you can take off you political cap for a moment and put on your thinking cap, ask yourself, how would this process of people to people peace take place?

For several generations now Palestinians have been trained by every aspect of their culture to hate Jews, hate Israel and see them as the cause of all their troubles, so do you really think a few teenage girls marching and chanting slogans will undo all of this training? What could possibly overcome all of this training? Stakes of dead bodies hasn't worked, so what might? The answer is simple, economics. Not the kind of economics Trump seems to be proposing but mutually beneficial transactions between individual Palestinians and individual Israelis, and that in happening right now.

Everyday tens of thousands of Palestinians break PA law to go to work in Israeli settlements in Judea and Samaria earning several times what they could otherwise earn, and there are only rarely problems. If there were more job openings there would be hundreds of thousands of Palestinians working in Israeli settlements. This is what people to people peace looks like between Israelis and Palestinians, no politics, no slogans, just mutually beneficial transactions between Israelis and Palestinians on a daily basis. So how do you grow this relatively small area of people to people peace into a critical mass that could transform Palestinians society and make the price of conflict too great? Israel should do exactly the opposite of what most of the world is telling it to do, build, build, build in are C so that more and more Palestinians can enjoy the benefits of mutually beneficial transactions with Israelis.

Jared's 50 million dollar economic plan was rejected by the Palestinians.

There's a series of Youtubes called Ask the Israelis and Palestinians. Having watched many of them already, I came to see that Israeli Arabs are much more civil and open to peace than the Palestinians are. If your economic plan of building more is to work, then it must be accompanied by annexation, and turning those Palestinians into Israeli Arabs.

Jared's 50 million dollar economic plan was rejected by the Palestinians.

There's a series of Youtubes called Ask the Israelis and Palestinians. Having watched many of them already, I came to see that Israeli Arabs are much more civil and open to peace than the Palestinians are. If your economic plan of building more is to work, then it must be accompanied by annexation, and turning those Palestinians into Israeli Arabs.
No, you are still talking about a political solution and if that ever happens it will not be in the foreseeable future. Peace has already been established between the tens of thousands of Palestinians who risk prison every morning by going to work in Israeli settlements and the Israelis who live in those settlements. More settlements and larger settlements will mean larger numbers of Palestinians making their own personal peace with Israelis, and in time if the numbers are large enough that may lead to political peace but that is at least decades away. Annexation of the Jordan Valley and the settlements is quite another issue, a very important one but not related to the kind of people to people peace I am talking about.

Forum List

Back