BREAKING!! Michael Mann.....climate criminal?

I cannot believe the response to this bit of non-news. I am having a GREAT deal of difficulty verifying ANY of this story, but I'll keep looking. In the meanwhile, check out this Huffington Post article about Tim Ball associate John Sullivan and head honcho of Principia Scientific. [Sorry, left out the link] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brendan-demelle/affidavits-in-michael-man_b_1711581.html Honesty at any level is not one of the man's strong points.

But this is just some entertaining sidebar till I can find an objective source of info about the current status of the Mann lawsuits.

Last edited:
From WUWT

Steve McIntyre had a busy day yesterday. While yesterday there was an incorrect story called “Michael Mann Faces Bankruptcy as his Courtroom Climate Capers Collapse“ being pushed by John O’Sullivan at Principia Scientific International (aka PSI and The Slayers) claiming Dr. Tim Ball had defeated Mann’s lawsuit, Ball confirms through communications with McIntyre yesterday that while stalled, Mann’s lawsuit is still very much on. Also, for those who don’t know, we’ve heard that Dr. Mann’s legal bills are being paid by the Climate Science Legal Defense Fund, where we’ve been told there are some deep green pockets contributing, so he isn’t facing bankruptcy, at least not yet.

Oh my, you folks are PATHETIC.

Keep this thread going gentlemen........keep it up top. Look at the responses.........full blown mental. You know when the far left gets direct nut sack kicks we're liars yada......yada......yada. But its all right there. Mann got his bluff called and hes standing there now with his thumb up his ass because he doesn't have dick. Anyway.....anybody with half a brain knows Mann's hockey stick graph has been a relic of a former era for years.

Now I can go back to the PROOF THE SKEPTICS ARE WINNING thread and continue to blitz these phonies with new volumes of win.

Last edited:
Keep this thread going gentlemen........keep it up top. Look at the responses.........full blown mental.

Oh yes, do.

The number and rapidity of denier responses to the Skookerasnoc's post reporting that Michael Mann's lawsuit against Tim Ball ha fallen apart and that Mann had gone bankrupt in the attempt were astounding (20 denier vs 5 AGW, counting this post). Why would that be? Let me think.

Perhaps from a shortage of good news for folks of your persuasion, particularly on the Mann v Ball v Steyn v National Review front.

And Skookerasnoc, did you not see where my significant post** - the one that said YOUR reference was "incorrect" - came from? Watts Up With That. That is your Anti-IPCC. That is the Meccah of YOUR religion. Don't be bad-mouthing Anthony Watts. Mamooth was the first to find that John Sullivan, the owner and likely only ingredient in Principia Scientific - one of your favorite newer websites - was a seriously psychopathic liar* and has gone to trial for child molestation. He did get off the child molestation charge, but immediately thereafter, penned an erotic novel with the very same story with which his former prosecutor had charged him.

So... yes, you keep referring to Sullivan and Principia. Show us the depth of your commitment to the truth.

* - Affidavits filed in the British Columbia Supreme Court libel litigation brought by climate scientist Michael Mann against climate science denier Timothy Ball reveal that Ball's collaborator and self-styled "legal advisor" has misrepresented his credentials and endured some significant legal embarrassments of his own.

The affidavits come from research of science and medical writer Andrew Skolnick, who documents O'Sullivan's misrepresentations, backtracking and questionable behavior.

Tim Ball and John O'Sullivan had a close working relationship, even before Mann sued Ball for libel in March 2011. For example, they co-authored the climate science denial book Slaying the Sky Dragon: Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory, which was published in 2010.

Skolnick's evidence shows that O'Sullivan made a series of false claims, including:

o that he was an attorney with more than a decade of successful litigation in New York State and Federal courts;
o that he was employed by a major Victoria, B.C. (Canada) law firm that is representing Ball in the libel action;
o that he is a widely published writer, with credits in Forbes and the National Review;
o that he had received his law degree from the University College, Cork, Ireland and/or from the University of Surrey (O'Sullivan's actual legal accreditation, apparently obtained after the Mann-Ball action commenced, comes from an online degree mill, Hill University, which promises delivery in two weeks);
o that he is a member of the American Bar Association.

One affidavit includes an online comment in which O'Sullivan says, "For your information, I am a retired academic and I have litigated personally or assisted others in pro se litigation at every level of court there is in New York State as well as Federal level, for over a decade and never lost."

Although O'Sullivan admits in this particular comment that he is not, in fact, licensed to practice law, in the U.S. or the U.K., he adds, "I'm just some Brit with a brain who can go live with his American wife in her country and kick ass big time around a courtroom."

Certainly, O'Sullivan was successful in winning an acquittal when he was personally charged in England as a high school teacher accused of sending lewd text messages and assaulting a 16-year-old female. Given the acquittal, it would not generally be appropriate to bring up this sordid and unproven bit of history, except that O'Sullivan himself went on to write an "erotic" "novel" with a startlingly similar storyline: Vanilla Girl: a Fact-Based Crime Story of a Teacher's Struggle to Control His Erotic Obsession with a Schoolgirl.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brendan-demelle/affidavits-in-michael-man_b_1711581.html

** -
From http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/02/22/michael-manns-legal-case-caught-in-a-quote-fabrication-fib/

Steve McIntyre had a busy day yesterday. While yesterday there was an incorrect story called “[/i]Michael Mann Faces Bankruptcy as his Courtroom Climate Capers Collapse“ being pushed by John O’Sullivan at Principia Scientific International (aka PSI and The Slayers) claiming Dr. Tim Ball had defeated Mann’s lawsuit, Ball confirms through communications with McIntyre yesterday that while stalled, Mann’s lawsuit is still very much on. Also, for those who don’t know, we’ve heard that Dr. Mann’s legal bills are being paid by the Climate Science Legal Defense Fund, where we’ve been told there are some deep green pockets contributing, so he isn’t facing bankruptcy, at least not yet.

I love it Skook, bring us more.

Last edited:
Now you lying bunch of assholes can just kiss anyones ass that is nearby. More than a dozen studies have validated Mann's graph. All you idiots have are a bunch of non-degreed idiots willing to repeat any lie that the energy companies throw out there.

NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Mann et al. 2008 Temperature Reconstructions

That is the same claim mann made in his complaint to the court....turns out he was less than honest... His graph has been validated like he was a nobel prize recipient.

Refute Old Rocks reference.

Research on global warming is FILLLED with hockey stick graphs because that IS what global temperature has done.

The claim that the whole thing pivots on the magnitude of the MWP is pure bullshit. If you want to dispute Mann, find some quality temperature data that doesn't show a precipitous rise in the 20th century.

Check it out, some more Mann Derangement Syndrome from the loonies. Conspiracy kookery is literally all they have left.

I would ask the kooks if it bothers them that the whole planet is laughing at them, but there's no need. It clearly does bother them, a lot.

If one has no argument abuse availeth not.

Leave it to the cat in the picture to draft your next message; it might be improvement, it could not be worse.

Let's look at the article writer, one John O'Sullivan, Tim Ball's "legal consultant" in the Mann libel trial. He's not a lawyer.

And in your distorted world view asserting some one is "not a lawyer" is a smear? I regard it as quite the reverse.

The US has millions of lawyers surplus to requierments. If they engaged, instead, in some honest occupation like mending holes in roads your nation would prosper exceedingly.

Interesting, how none the denialists on this thread are willing to disassociate themselves from O'Sullivan. You'd think there would be some moral depravities that even a denialist couldn't tolerate, but maybe not.

Denialists, do you ever wonder at what is it about your side that consistently attracts the dregs of humanity? We don't. Your broken BS meters are what allowed you to get sucked into the denialist cult. Scammers and criminals also notice how your BS meters are non-functional, hence they rightfully see you as easy marks.

Last edited:
Hey.....somebody has to be refuting the massive disinformation campaign being waged by the AGW nutters who are hell bent on destroying the capitalistic system. I cant draw out enough dregs of humanity to push back against communist assholes that litter this forum.......and I will continue to dominate this forum as long as I can type.

Thankfully......nobody cares about global warming in 2014 >>>

Public concern for environment lowest in 20 years | Environment | theguardian.com

Evidently......a lot of dregs of humanity!!!:funnyface::funnyface::up:

Last edited:
All the AGW cultists should be rounded up and put on trial for fraud. And the trillions that have been wasted on this religion will never be recovered.

Issue: Mann busted for fraud

It's like saying Bernie Madoff is not a fraud because Apple stock really did go up

Mann and the entire AGWCult should get their own wing in the Museum of Scientific Frauds

mann_treering.jpg

"Data? Why would you want to see my data? It's all there under my pinkie, the Tree Rings O' Death!"

Forum List

Back