BREAKING: Martin Eisenstadt Tricks News Orgs On Being Source Of Palin Dirt

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
A former campaign adviser to John McCain named Martin Eisenstadt has outed himself as the proud source of the "Sarah Palin doesn't know Africa is a continent" story. The New Republic and MSNBC have picked up the Eisenstadt scoop. But it's not at all clear that Eisenstadt exists.

Link here.

Last edited:
ok, i KNEW that story was BULLSHIT

time for Carl Cameron to be fired as too stupid for words

ok, i KNEW that story was BULLSHIT

time for Carl Cameron to be fired as too stupid for words

Boy will FoxNews have egg on its face when this story breaks further. The damage to Palin has already been done though. The only people who want Palin to run are 69% of Republicans. No independents, no Democrats. Plus if she went one on one with Romney, Romney would destroy her. I'm still upset I never got to see a Romney-Biden debate.

Boy will FoxNews have egg on its face when this story breaks further. The damage to Palin has already been done though. The only people who want Palin to run are 69% of Republicans. No independents, no Democrats. Plus if she went one on one with Romney, Romney would destroy her. I'm still upset I never got to see a Romney-Biden debate.
this isnt Cameron's first fuck up either

also, THIS is why they shouldnt go with something from an unnamed source
especially something like this

So, someone who might not even exist has "outed himself" as the doofus who started the rumor about Palin? This story gets more and more bizarre all of the time.

That someone from within the McCain camp would start rumors about his VP pick to make her look ridiculous is bizarre enough.

Now, someone is claiming "credit" for the story, but that person may be fictitious?

So, someone who might not even exist has "outed himself" as the doofus who started the rumor about Palin? This story gets more and more bizarre all of the time.

That someone from within the McCain camp would start rumors about his VP pick to make her look ridiculous is bizarre enough.

Now, someone is claiming "credit" for the story, but that person may be fictitious?
as in a made up name used for perpetrating hoaxes

Speak for all of the Independant and Democratic voters do you? I know MANY of both who would say you are wrong. As a matter of fact,I am an independant and I like Sarah Palin. BTW if it comes out that Romney's staffers trashed Palin...he is toast with a good portion of Republicans. Try getting out more and reading deverse opinions once in awhile would you.:cuckoo:

Speak for all of the Independant and Democratic voters do you? I know MANY of both who would say you are wrong. As a matter of fact,I am an independant and I like Sarah Palin. BTW if it comes out that Romney's staffers trashed Palin...he is toast with a good portion of Republicans. Try getting out more and reading deverse opinions once in awhile would you.:cuckoo:
the trashing was a hoaxster

The only people who want Palin to run are 69% of Republicans. No independents, no Democrats.

A lot can change in four years. Why wouldn't Democrats want her to run? Wouldn't they see her a sure loss?

Plus if she went one on one with Romney, Romney would destroy her.

The same was said about Biden, and see how that turned out? She held her own, considering the circumstances. Give her four years, and she'll be pretty keen on the issues she was clueless on this year.

A lot can change in four years. Why wouldn't Democrats want her to run? Wouldn't they see her a sure loss?

No, she's a definite threat. If she speaks from her heart and not her memorized lines "winning these wars and getting our economy back on track and not waving the white flag of surrender" she could be very effective. The Sarah Palin that Alaska knew BEFORE she was a pick for McCain was very intelligent, allbeit she scares the fuck out of me with her stone-age views.

The same was said about Biden, and see how that turned out? She held her own, considering the circumstances. Give her four years, and she'll be pretty keen on the issues she was clueless on this year.

Yeah, in the meantime she's got a state to run. I've seen her give so many interviews in the past week and she's flying out today for a Republican governor's conference in Miami.. it would be nice for Alaska to have its governor back and actually do something.

We all know that Biden couldn't have gone after her like he would've gone after Romney. It may be a bit sexist, but if Biden would've attacked her like he would Romney, it would've blown up in his face. It's pretty clear that up until the last week the Obama campaign pretty much ignored her and made her a non-issue, which was brilliant.

Speak for all of the Independant and Democratic voters do you? I know MANY of both who would say you are wrong.

I highly doubt it. no democrat would vote for her because of her ultra-right wing viewpoints. as far as independents, the ones that lean in the center or to the left wouldn't vote for her.

As a matter of fact,I am an independant and I like Sarah Palin.

like her and would vote for her are two different things.

BTW if it comes out that Romney's staffers trashed Palin...he is toast with a good portion of Republicans.

I certainly hope that happens then. We knew there would be a civil war in the Republican Party... never knew how bad it would be. The worse it gets, the better Obama is in 2012... unless he screws up. Then we're all screwed.

Assuming that this fictitious personage is actually someone within the Republican Party, it does raise the question of the future of that party.

Spreading rumors about the Democratic nominee may have looked like a good idea at the time, even if it did backfire, but spreading rumors about their own VP nominee couldn't possibly have looked like the right thing for the party.

How can the Republican party ever regain power doing such things?

Maybe we'll find out it was really a plant from the Obama camp.

Assuming that this fictitious personage is actually someone within the Republican Party, it does raise the question of the future of that party.

Spreading rumors about the Democratic nominee may have looked like a good idea at the time, even if it did backfire, but spreading rumors about their own VP nominee couldn't possibly have looked like the right thing for the party.

How can the Republican party ever regain power doing such things?

Maybe we'll find out it was really a plant from the Obama camp.

I hear Newt Gingrich is jockeying for the head of the RNC. I disagree with Newt on a lot of things, but I find him to be one of the most intelligent human beings on the planet who has just an AMAZING array of ideas. I worry about moving the Republican Party further to the right though... perhaps if the Republican Party can focus on smaller government, less taxes, more focus on small businesses and stop worrying about social conservative concerns, they might re-gain a chamber of Congress. If they continue their anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-progressive stance, the Republican Party will be dead.

I hear Newt Gingrich is jockeying for the head of the RNC. I disagree with Newt on a lot of things, but I find him to be one of the most intelligent human beings on the planet who has just an AMAZING array of ideas. I worry about moving the Republican Party further to the right though... perhaps if the Republican Party can focus on smaller government, less taxes, more focus on small businesses and stop worrying about social conservative concerns, they might re-gain a chamber of Congress. If they continue their anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-progressive stance, the Republican Party will be dead.
geee, a few years ago asome were saying almost the same thing about the democratic party
:eusa_whistle:

Gingrich should have been the GOP nominee but he's a smart cookie and sat this one out for a shitload of reasons. I wish he would start a new party, dump some old faces and invite some new ones.

I don't know whether that is correct or not, but I for one would come back to a Republican Party that was focused as you describe.

I'm afraid that the religious right has a large bloc of voters, though.

Hilarious!

MSNBC was the victim of a hoax when it reported that an adviser to John McCain had identified himself as the source of an embarrassing story about former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, the network said Wednesday.

David Shuster, an anchor for the cable news network, said on air Monday that Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, had come forth and identified himself as the source of a Fox News Channel story saying Palin had mistakenly believed Africa was a country instead of a continent.

Eisenstadt identifies himself on a blog as a senior fellow at the Harding Institute for Freedom and Democracy. Yet neither he nor the institute exist; each is part of a hoax dreamed up by a filmmaker named Eitan Gorlin and his partner, Dan Mirvish, the New York Times reported Wednesday.

The Eisenstadt claim had mistakenly been delivered to Shuster by a producer and was used in a political discussion Monday afternoon, MSNBC said.

"The story was not properly vetted and should not have made air," said Jeremy Gaines, network spokesman. "We recognized the error almost immediately and ran a correction on air within minutes."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_tv/palin_hoax

:lol:

Forum List

Back