BREAKING: Large Air Spill at Wind Farm. No threats reported.

Glue caused turbine blade failure
Engineers have discovered that the giant turbine blade which plunged to the ground at a Scottish wind farm last month snapped off because of freak problems with the glue used to coat it – scotching theories it may have been hit by lightning or, as some even suggested, an unidentified flying object.

The catastrophic failure of the 150ft-long, 14-tonne blade at the Whitelees site near Eaglesham sparked global concerns about the safety of wind farm equipment.

But manufacturers Siemens, the German engineering company, said the blade broke off due to what it described as a one-off manufacturing fault in its outer coating.

Spokesman Oliver Loenker said: “We will carry out further investigations but we think there was a manufacturing defect in the laminate that covers the blade, a weak spot which caused it to break and fall off.”

So attribute it to whoever you stole it from.

I didn't steal it from anyone specific. That's like giving credit for LOLcats to someone.

However, I will post the original reddit link if you will stop complaining about me supposedly stealing it from you.

BREAKING: Large Air Spill at Wind Farm. No threats reported. Some claim to enjoy the breeze. : reddit.com

Modbert, just giving you some grief. I'm good now. Have a nice evening in USMBland.

Glue caused turbine blade failure
Engineers have discovered that the giant turbine blade which plunged to the ground at a Scottish wind farm last month snapped off because of freak problems with the glue used to coat it – scotching theories it may have been hit by lightning or, as some even suggested, an unidentified flying object.

The catastrophic failure of the 150ft-long, 14-tonne blade at the Whitelees site near Eaglesham sparked global concerns about the safety of wind farm equipment.

But manufacturers Siemens, the German engineering company, said the blade broke off due to what it described as a one-off manufacturing fault in its outer coating.

Spokesman Oliver Loenker said: “We will carry out further investigations but we think there was a manufacturing defect in the laminate that covers the blade, a weak spot which caused it to break and fall off.”

The failsafe blade brake doesn't work too well. Stop all wind farms until this is properly investigated and fixes made.

Modbert, just giving you some grief. I'm good now. Have a nice evening in USMBland.

Well, my apologies then Liberty. Not sure if you were doing that or just being stupid. :lol:

Have a nice evening.

This just in, the guy down the street who has solar panels on his roof reported there was an over abundance of sunshine here in Arizona and his shields couldnt handle it! He now has excess power and really has no idea what to do wiith it! Poor guy.
Then he's a dope, as private generators of electricity can sell it back to the grid in most places I've heard of.

Hey, its Mr. Dont Get IT guy. Howya doin?

Forum List

Back