Breaking: Justice Scalia has died

Uh, Oh....Who is Uncle Clarence Thomas going to lean on now that his mentor is gone?

I don't rejoice over anyone's death and my condolences to the bereaved. Looks like Obama has the last laugh after all and his Obamacare is all but guaranteed well into the 21st century, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

R.I.P 'Tony"
Trump will get to appoint three more justices, at least. Ginzburg is not long for this world. Kennedy probably also won't last through two Trump terms. Of course, the court can do a lot of damage in the meantime.

There’s A Hidden Timebomb In The Senate Rules That Will Go Off If A Supreme Court Justice Retires

Indeed, under the Senate’s current rules, Republicans could block a Supreme Court appointment right now, if they chose to, even though Democrats effectively control 55 percent of the Senate. Last November, when Senate Democrats voted to invoke the so-called “nuclear option” and end the GOP’s ability to require a supermajority to vote to confirm most nominees, they left in place the 60 supermajority requirement for Supreme Court confirmations. As a result, unless at least five Republicans oppose a GOP filibuster of a Supreme Court nominee, the current rules allow the GOP to keep that nominee from being confirmed.

Use the Dems tactics against them. They changed the rules...............make them regret it.

Uh, Oh....Who is Uncle Clarence Thomas going to lean on now that his mentor is gone?

I don't rejoice over anyone's death and my condolences to the bereaved. Looks like Obama has the last laugh after all and his Obamacare is all but guaranteed well into the 21st century, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

R.I.P 'Tony"
Trump will get to appoint three more justices, at least.

Playing Fantasy President?

Is there such a game?

I doubt Obama will be able to appoint his replacement.

Last edited:
If the Republicans try to block the president from appointing a new judge, which is explicit in the Constitution, this form of government is headed out. They can whine about the first couple 'choices', but they can't delay it in hopes a conservative will get elected in November.

Obama should put forth a name next week, and if the Republicans try to stall until the elections the Democrats should put out one minute ads nonstop how Republicans do not believe in the Constitution. Which if they try to delay until November, they don't.

In any case Obamacare was just enshrined as non-reversible, as was gay marriage.
There once was a guy named Bork....

Forum List

Back