Breaking: Judge temporarily blocks Wisconsin union law

Actually, I believe judges are elected for terms, in Wisconsin? Not 100% certain, but I believe so??? on a nonpartisan, non biased, basis???

Probably.

They probably are appreciating the fact that the GOP gave them such a clear cut violation to start the process with.
But I don't even *know* that the statute was violated in the first place.....Nor is there any evidence posted here that would suggest such.

The suit was filed by a democrat D.A. who is playing with house money.

Previous Post -->> http://www.usmessageboard.com/3437076-post59.html

True we won't *know* until there is a trial, however sufficient reasoning was presented in court to issue a temporary stay.

Senate Rule 93. Special, extended or extraordinary sessions. Unless otherwise provided by the senate for a specific special, extended or extraordinary session, the rules of the senate adopted for the regular session shall, with the following modifications, apply to each special session called by the governor and to each extended or extraordinary session called by the senate and assembly organization committees or called by a joint resolution approved by both houses:

(1) No senate bill, senate joint resolution or senate resolution shall be considered unless it is germane to the subjects enumerated by the governor in the proclamation calling the special session or to the subjects enumerated by the committees on organization or in the joint resolution calling the extended or extraordinary session and is recommended for introduction by the committee on senate organization or by the joint committee on employment relations.

(2) No notice of hearing before a committee shall be required other than posting on the legislative bulletin board, and no bulletin of committee hearings shall be published.

(3) The daily calendar shall be in effect immediately upon posting on the legislative bulletin boards. The calendar need not be distributed.

(4) Any point of order shall be decided within one hour.

(5) No motion shall be entertained to postpone action to a day or time certain.

(6) Any motion to advance a proposal and any motion to message a proposal to the other house may be adopted by a majority of those present and voting.

Rules of the Wisconsin Senate

I doubt Senate "rule" are allowed to supersede clearly defined state law.

>>>>

From your link:

19.87 Legislative meetings. This subchapter shall apply to
all meetings of the senate and assembly and the committees, subcommittees
and other subunits thereof, except that:
(1) Section 19.84 shall not apply to any meeting of the legislature
or a subunit thereof called solely for the purpose of scheduling
business before the legislative body; or adopting resolutions of
which the sole purpose is scheduling business before the senate or
the assembly.
(2) No provision of this subchapter which conflicts with a rule
of the senate or assembly or joint rule of the legislature shall apply
to a meeting conducted in compliance with such rule.

(3) No provision of this subchapter shall apply to any partisan
caucus of the senate or any partisan caucus of the assembly, except
as provided by legislative rule.
(4) Meetings of the senate or assembly committee on organization
under s. 71.78 (4) (c) or 77.61 (5) (b) 3. shall be closed
to the public.

Actually, I believe judges are elected for terms, in Wisconsin? Not 100% certain, but I believe so??? on a nonpartisan, non biased, basis???
They are, but that doesn't preclude bias.

They're mostly elected on a basis of "retain or not"...The bench is pretty much a lifer job.

I think accusing judicial bias is a knee jerk reaction here.

Yes, the judge is deciding on a technicality (was the required 24 hr notice met), but WTF??? Are there no Lawyers among the Republicans in the WI State Congress??? Shouldn't they fucking KNOW how to dot the "i's" and cross the "t's????"

Does anyone have the text of the bill as signed? I can only find the original, and it does clearly begin: An act to do with state finances.

Does anyone have the text of the bill as signed? I can only find the original, and it does clearly begin: An act to do with state finances.

Um, that has nothing to do with the judge's ruling.

Good to check in once in a while to see you're still an idiot, Ravi.

Um, that has nothing to do with the judge's ruling.

Good to check in once in a while to see you're still an idiot, Ravi.
Well...it kind of does if they are pretending that it doesn't have anything to do with the budget, squidboy.

They're mostly elected on a basis of "retain or not"...The bench is pretty much a lifer job.

Yes, the judge is deciding on a technicality (was the required 24 hr notice met), but WTF??? Are there no Lawyers among the Republicans in the WI State Congress??? Shouldn't they fucking KNOW how to dot the "i's" and cross the "t's????"
I'm not willing to make that call, one way or another, until all the facts are in public.

All there is here is a DA with very apparent political motives, filing a complaint and getting a temporary injunction until all the facts can be aired.

I'm not willing to make that call, one way or another, until all the facts are in public.

All there is here is a DA with very apparent political motives, filing a complaint and getting a temporary injunction until all the facts can be aired.

Is there a DA without political motive?

My point is that I don't believe the JUDGE is being bias.

nobody else felt like holding you or avatar's hand in this. A five year old understand simple government like this.
Translation: I didn't know what the fuck I was talking about and got rescued by someone who did. :rofl:

No, I think the proper translation is: Oddball and Avatar are dumbasses. :lol:
Well, that kind of goes without saying. It was pretty funny to find out that neither know anything about how a democracy works.

Forum List

Back