Breaking: Judge temporarily blocks Wisconsin union law

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Judge temporarily blocks Wisconsin union law

MADISON, Wisconsin — A judge has issued a temporary restraining order blocking Wisconsin's new and contentious collective bargaining law from taking effect.

Ozanne filed a lawsuit contending that a legislative committee that broke a stalemate that had kept the law in limbo for weeks met without the 24-hour notice required by the Midwestern state's open meetings law.
The Republican-controlled Legislature passed the measure and Gov. Scott Walker signed it last week.

LINK

Judge temporarily blocks Wisconsin union law

MADISON, Wisconsin — A judge has issued a temporary restraining order blocking Wisconsin's new and contentious collective bargaining law from taking effect.

Ozanne filed a lawsuit contending that a legislative committee that broke a stalemate that had kept the law in limbo for weeks met without the 24-hour notice required by the Midwestern state's open meetings law.
The Republican-controlled Legislature passed the measure and Gov. Scott Walker signed it last week.

LINK

Do the Obama.... IGNORE it.

i presumed this was going to happen when they passed the measure in the manner that they did...

Dane County Judge Maryann Sumi issued the order, which was requested by that county's District Attorney Ismael Ozanne, a Democrat. Ozanne filed a lawsuit contending that a legislative committee that broke a stalemate that had kept the law in limbo for weeks met without the 24-hour notice required by Wisconsin's open meetings law.

Judge temporarily blocks Wis. union law - Politics - msnbc.com

What position did the Judge take on the Democrats running away???? Seems like a Partisan Hack and a Hypocrite.

Dane County Judge Maryann Sumi issued the order, which was requested by that county's District Attorney Ismael Ozanne, a Democrat. Ozanne filed a lawsuit contending that a legislative committee that broke a stalemate that had kept the law in limbo for weeks met without the 24-hour notice required by Wisconsin's open meetings law.

What position did the Judge take on the Democrats running away???? Seems like a Partisan Hack and a Hypocrite.

How did they meet without the 24-hour notice when we all knew about it for weeks?

here we go!
So, you have no answer...Thanks for your blind support of anarchy, as long as you get the results you like.

do shut up, Judges are allowed to rule on bad laws. This is what you do when you dont think a law is "constitutional, You know like how some think with Obama care.

Its quite hack to call it anarchy because you disagree with the judge.

Maybe replace the tampon?
But you have no evidence whatsoever that the judge is acting within proper jurisdiction.

All you have is your *opinion* that this is a bad law and are jumping up and down with glee for no better reason than you agree with the judge's action.

Oh yeah....I also happen to be a WI taxpayer.

Under what jurisdiction is this judge acting?

here we go!
So, you have no answer...Thanks for your blind support of anarchy, as long as you get the results you like.

i think you need to go research subject matter jurisdiction and then look up "anarchy".

Courts ignoring the illegality is what would be anarchy.

It's intellectually dishonest to say that judges should strike down an act of congress just because you don't like it, but that a state's courts should have no right to strike down a state law that may have been passed illegally.

here we go!

do shut up, Judges are allowed to rule on bad laws. This is what you do when you dont think a law is "constitutional, You know like how some think with Obama care.

Its quite hack to call it anarchy because you disagree with the judge.

Maybe replace the tampon?

The judges arent allowed to arbitrarily rule on bad laws. We are asking you for the law that allows them to do this.

You won't provide it. Which means you don't know.

What is the judge's justification for this order?

A lawsuit has been filed that the law is not valid. The court will have to hear this suit, but in the meantime the plaintiff has also asked for a temporary injunction until the matter can be heard in court and the case decided. A temporary injunction is generally appropriate when issuing one will preserve the status quo until the case is decided.

How did they meet without the 24-hour notice when we all knew about it for weeks?

attempting to dumb it down doesn't make your point correct, it just makes it dumb.

As numerous people have told me, its called Google. use it, love it, enjoy it.

Not providing any support for your positions doesn't make you intelligent.

A lawsuit has been filed that the law is not valid. The court will have to hear this suit, but in the meantime the plaintiff has also asked for a temporary injunction until the matter can be heard in court and the case decided. A temporary injunction is generally appropriate when issuing one will preserve the status quo until the case is decided.
Well, I knew somebody could come up with a cogent answer.

props

Sounds reasonable to me. I was just wondering what the justification for the injunction was. I understand the process. it is my job.

Under what jurisdiction is this judge acting?

Uh, where are you trying to go with this? She is a county judge, bottom level jurisdiction, which means her court should have original jurisdiction to hear such a case.

Forum List

Back